can a skilled player make a sufficient income 1 tabling 100 NL

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the Problem I'm having I will play well focused on one tabling It's very rare I dont cash in 18 & 45 player sit n go's
and rarely have a losing session in cash when i'm feeling fresh and focused

as soon as I step it up it effects the win ratio which im guessing is commen for alot of players?
I guess its more profitable to profit less per hour over a larger quantity of tables

are there any guys who stick to playing less tables and have any kind of success
or started out uncomfortable multi tabling

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I single tabled 100NL on lock once I assumed I wasn't going to get my money. I only had 150 left and I was just screwing around. I won 120 dollars in like 5 hands there, so it can be done I think. I won 400 dollars over the course of 2 hours worth of play total. I think it CAN be done, but your chances are a lot better if u can successfully play 2/3 tables as well as u can play a single table.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the Problem I'm having I will play well focused on one tabling It's very rare I dont cash in 18 & 45 player sit n go's
and rarely have a losing session in cash when i'm feeling fresh and focused

as soon as I step it up it effects the win ratio which im guessing is commen for alot of players?
I guess its more profitable to profit less per hour over a larger quantity of tables

are there any guys who stick to playing less tables and have any kind of success
or started out uncomfortable multi tabling

No a sufficient income is not really attainable 1-tabling 100NL. Even with a winrate of 5bb/100, you're looking at only probably $4/hour at 6max, and probably $3/hour at FR

Well I single tabled 100NL on lock once I assumed I wasn't going to get my money. I only had 150 left and I was just screwing around. I won 120 dollars in like 5 hands there, so it can be done I think. I won 400 dollars over the course of 2 hours worth of play total. I think it CAN be done, but your chances are a lot better if u can successfully play 2/3 tables as well as u can play a single table.

One spew session can hardly qualify for the long term.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah, that!

OP: It depends on what you class as "sufficient" and how many hours you play. If you think $1000 a week is sufficient then no, it's unlikely however if want some extra bit of money and want buy-in a week, then there's no reason you cant. If you are skilled and can win at 5bb/100 ( I think that's a reasonable winrate for a good player 1 tabling) then you would need to play 2000 hands a week 1 tabling, just to win $100..so as you can see..you would have to grind a LOT of hours to earn anything more than some pocket change.

Last edited:
robhimself

robhimself

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would you 1 table online? It's not like 2 tabling takes that much more thought, you won't be playing a hand on the other table most of the time you're in one anyways, and if you really need it there's always the time bank.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you 1 table online? It's not like 2 tabling takes that much more thought, you won't be playing a hand on the other table most of the time you're in one anyways, and if you really need it there's always the time bank.

Yeah I thought that. Why? Two tabling is no different than 1 tabling. If anything I think a minimum of 2 tables is needed and is actually going to give you a higher winrate than one table. Well for me personally it will purely because to keep me disciplined and more concentrated I can't do one table online unless it's heads up as it's is just so easy to just start doing something else, browsing internet, watching TV and paying zero attention to the table which has a worse impact on your game.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No a sufficient income is not really attainable 1-tabling 100NL. Even with a winrate of 5bb/100, you're looking at only probably $4/hour at 6max, and probably $3/hour at FR

Yeah true, but it was basically many 10 minute sessions. And I was not spewing, I was playing my actual game but I don't have a roll for lock anymore to get a bigger sample size for hands there because I wanted to get my money out of the hands of those crooks lol. But yes it's true, while I played there it seemed beatable for a good clip. And my sample is extremely tiny, so I'm probably just being stupid and I probably just got really lucky for a few sessions. But if possible, Multi table because it Is far more profitable

rocket316

rocket316

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try 2 tabling 50NL for 10K hands and if you have a decent win rate then step up to 2 tabling 100NL.

The minimum stakes you need to be playing to provide a 'sufficient' income (i assume you mean enough money to live off) is 100NL or 200NL but you really need to be playing more than one table. Something like 6 tables of 100NL or 3-4 tables of 200NL.

The easiest way to increase your hourly rate is to add in more tables so I really think you should focus on learning to multi table as soon as possible.

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its not possible. If u lose 2 or 3 stacks , it will take ages to get them back

C

chipicao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play only one table I recomend to have a few buy-ins left. a favorite hand can be crushed and lost all remaining bankroll. play where are you confortable for.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would have to win 8 blinds an hour to equal min. wage. I think it would be to demoralizing when your on a down swing, losing 10-20 buy ins and having to cope with winning it back on 1 table.

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robhimself;2121win said:

I mean dont get me wrong I end up 2/3 tabling most of the time but I think Iget distracted and start playing the betting patterns rather than the players
thinking I can push them off hands I lose respect for the soft games (thats pretty much my downfall)

I'l hit some bad beats after correctly reading to be ahead in the hand, and try and force my play to get back my losses asap - This is my biggest weakness

You guys are right though,

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very hard, even you have enough skills to make 15bb/100 hands NL100
so looks like every 1 and half hours you got 15 bucks.

so u got 10bucks per hour....just for income.....that is obv not sufficient.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-tabling 100NL you get $7 an hour between raw winnings and rakeback, assuming a winrate of 5BB/100. Assuming a slightly higher winrate (say 7bb/100 or so) from the added skill edge of sitting on just one table (and then further assuming that you can in fact sit on one table and not get bored and play too many hands), that jumps to $8.50 an hour.

Really you need to 4-table at least to get enough volume to make real money from cash tables. a 50NL winner can get about $12-ish an hour from four 6max tables, a 100NL reg can get maybe $20 or so (beating 100NL in multiple tables is MUCH tougher than beating 50NL, because most 100NL players are skilled lags so decisions against them are more complex).

S

StevieSparkZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-tabling 100NL you get $7 an hour between raw winnings and rakeback, assuming a winrate of 5BB/100. Assuming a slightly higher winrate (say 7bb/100 or so) from the added skill edge of sitting on just one table (and then further assuming that you can in fact sit on one table and not get bored and play too many hands), that jumps to $8.50 an hour.

Really you need to 4-table at least to get enough volume to make real money from cash tables. a 50NL winner can get about $12-ish an hour from four 6max tables, a 100NL reg can get maybe $20 or so (beating 100NL in multiple tables is MUCH tougher than beating 50NL, because most 100NL players are skilled lags so decisions against them are more complex).

Hi Aleksei, do you normally play 50NL? I'm inquiring because I feel that I am beating the 25NL where I am at and I am debating on whether or not to move up to 50NL.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Aleksei, do you normally play 50NL?
No but I'm acquainted with several 50NL regs. The toughest level I'm comfortable I can consistently beat atm is 10NL, but I play 4NL because I have nothing resembling a good roll.

Moving up to 50NL is my medium-term goal. My long-term goal is getting good enough to beat the small and mid-stakes at least.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're beating 25NL though, afaik 50NL plays very similarly. So, as soon as you're rolled for it, take a stab at the level.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NL100 is not high enough for playing 1 table as source of income. If you play as hobby then 1 table is fine. If you want earn money, you need to learn to play players a bit even with 4 tables open.