Hero calls $0.61
CO folds
*** TURN *** [Ac 6d 2h] 5♦
Hero checks
Villain bets $4.25 and is all-in
Hero calls $4.25
*** RIVER *** [Ac 6d 2h 5d] 4♠
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Hero: shows [As 2s] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
Villain shows [Ad 6c] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)

My read was that he had TPTK and was protecting his hand against a flush draw.
Is the flop call correct? Is the turn all-in call correct?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Either fold or 3-bet. Its rarely a good idea to cold call out of small blind seat, and A2s is certainly not the hand to do it with.

Flop
If we come over the top and 3-bet, it look super strong, and we might fold out most of the hands, we are ahead off. At the same time top and bottom pair is to strong to just fold, so I dont see any other option here than to call.

Turn
Now he jam all in for more than 2 times the pot, and this just suck. There are still only a few hands, you lose to, and I dont think, he will show up with A5, 55 or 43 very often. So you mostly still lose to A6 and 66, but at the same time I just dont know, what he is ever doing this with, that you beat? So while its really tough to fold here, I think, it would be the best decision in the long run.

Conclusion
The problems in this hand were created preflop. If you 3-bet, then A6 almost certainly goes away, and you avoid putting yourself into this cooler situation postflop. Same of course if you fold, which is completely fine, if CO is tight or dont fold much to 3-bets.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet or fold pre
I think turn is a fold as played. Hard to see any bluffs on that board when he shoves over 2x pot
It's super rare for him to have tptk there cause it should 3bet pre. I'd rather bluff catch this vs the opener than BTN.
So without better reads I'm folding

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero (SB): [As 2s]
Action folds to CO
CO raises $0.10 to $0.15
Villain (BTN) calls $0.15
Hero calls $0.13
BB folds
*** FLOP *** [Ac 6d 2h]
Hero checks
CO bets $0.15
Villain raises $0.46 to $0.61
Hero calls $0.61
CO folds
Hero checks
Hero calls $4.25
*** SHOW DOWN ***

I think preflop is fine especially this deep. A suited ace can be played multiway for a flat or a 3-bet. In position would be nicer, but we play the spots as they come.

Flop is fine, but on turn especially without there being a draw you will be looking at 2p or a set most of the time and thus A2 is way behind.

A hand like top pair IF it decided to raise the flop would likely bet a smaller amount on the turn or check back to bet river or call river.

It's good you came to the forum for feedback tho, as it's easy to just 'chalk it up to a cooler' whereas now you'll know how save a lot of BBs in similar spots in the future!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think preflop is fine especially this deep. A suited ace can be played multiway for a flat or a 3-bet. In position would be nicer, but we play the spots as they come.

If you have a massive skill edge against the other players involved in the hand, then you can probably make a break even or slightly profitable call here. However if you are a beginner at 5NL, then you are better off playing a simple TAG style, and that mean mostly folding in this spot or mixing in a squeeze against the right opponents.

For sure this is a bit of a gross cooler, because its two pair vs. two pair. But kicker domination happen a lot more often than flush domination, and beginners will often find it really difficult to get away from top pair no kicker without losing to much. This is just my personal opinion of course :)

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just an hour ago, I analyzed a similar situation. I think it will be interesting for you to find out that not only do you find yourself in such situations and it will help you to improve your game at least a little.

“Don’t be upset and try to draw the right conclusions. Firstly, according to Harrington, the A10 hand is unprofitable, because if an ace flops on the flop you can lose a lot of chips to the player with the best kicker and winnings will be minimal. Secondly, you greatly exaggerate the strength of your hand compared to with the hand of an opponent who probably entered the game like you limped in. You have the same odds on the street and you win only in case of a mismatch. Third after the flop you have two overpairs, but this is not a monster and it was not necessary to throw so all his chips. I think there are few zhelayuschizh do likewise when the board will be based on something like 10 9 8 7. Yes, you are very unlucky with the turn and river, but that's poker. Good luck ":dancing2:

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am for a stake, my opinion is simply unlucky, and I support your reasoning about the range of the opponent

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It became harder for you to fold when you came to the flop. Always pay attention to the size of the raise. All in on the turn is a reason to think.

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold turn, he's going to give up air once you call flop

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

First of all, I wouldn't call this hand pre flop. In the post flop I would play the same.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, I wouldn't call this hand pre flop. In the post flop I would play the same.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Action folds to CO
CO raises $0.10 to $0.15
Hero calls $0.13
BB folds
*** FLOP *** [Ac 6d 2h]
Hero checks
CO bets $0.15
Hero calls $0.61
CO folds
Hero checks
Hero calls $4.25
*** SHOW DOWN ***

As played I think your play is fine. Prefer a 3 bet pre or fold. I have a feeling he will peel the 3 bet and you are still in the same position you are in. I don't see you getting away from this one.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Action folds to CO
CO raises $0.10 to $0.15
Hero calls $0.13
BB folds
*** FLOP *** [Ac 6d 2h]
Hero checks
CO bets $0.15
Hero calls $0.61
CO folds
Hero checks
Hero calls $4.25
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Thank you for your post. I put him on maybe an ace with a better kicker. Since you had two pair I would have called as well. Tough break but I like the way you played it. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool: