Chips
I like to play 6-max but for some reason it's better in 9-max

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 9 max. You can and should be tighter as the blinds hit you less and the chance of multi-way pots increases lowering your hand strength.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to tournaments, i prefer 6 handed structure over 9 handed and only because i like aggressive way of play, aggressive atmosphere of some sort and somehow i got that feeling that it is what 6 handed tournaments are all about. 6 handed touneys are most likely turbos so i guess that a lot of action is initial idea righ

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless I am steaming hot and invincible, I prefer six-handed play any day. It is much easier to affect and outright control outcomes against six opponents. Not so with nine, unless your luck is helping to carry you. The only problem I can think of at the moment with six-handed games is when one or two of your opponents are running extremely hot. It is exceedingly difficult to excel at six-handed tables when you are consistently outdrawn for extended periods of time.

How about you, Fanch? Which do you prefer?

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max online is better, because people typically don't realize that you have to open your range up wider.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 handed, just more fun for me.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First I loved 6 max and now I love 9 max

First I loved 6 max and now I love 9 max. I like playing on a good card and it's more convenient for me to play at the 9 max table because I rarely need to bet for blinds and when I get a good card and I raise, there is more likelihood that many players will call, unlike table 6 max. Although I think that at the table 6 max is much easier to bluff. In general, everyone chooses what is right for him, in this situation you can not say what is better and what is worse.

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play in tables of 9 because the prize is higher and soon in the first levels 2 to 3 players are already eliminated so we return to the table of 6 which becomes a more dynamic game

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6-max tables for dynamic game, for more actions.After reading the answers, I thought about the 9-max.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 max because 9 has more cards/players to deal with. You don't have as much to digest on each hand.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends for me on stakes if I'm playing if taking a shot at 10/20 I prefer a full ring Lower I like the action of 6 max.

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 6 max better but my full ring results are better.

A

Allanjyork

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a fan of 9 max. More to the ante and longer between blind posts.

I

Intellikill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max Pro's

6 max offers the ability to open up your hand range a bit but it also requires a little more pedal to the metal because it's a bit more aggressive. 9 max has all the feels we are all used to but I myself prefer 6 handed tourneys vs 9 for the competitive edge I feel I have against only 5 opponents at a time.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love all of them, but I prefer the 9 max tables.

F

Fanch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 handed. I began play in 2004, when everything was 10 handed, so I got used to that. It seems if you can play tight, you get paid off a bit more 9 handed.That being said ir's all going to 6 max, including hold em. Maybe tournaments will remain 9 handed , I don't know.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love short handed 9 max tables. Most players don't adjust that well.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6 handed because the game feels smoother for me. I get to play more hands compared to 3 extra seats. It also allows me to get a better feel on my opponents because there are fewer people I have to focus on. I guess you can say my opponent has more knowledge of my play style as well short handed :D .

I enjoy the occasional full ring table, but I feel like I'm more restricted in the moves I can make when there are three extra seats I have to get through. It requires me to play more tighter from the earlier seat positions.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6max turbos are fun, but if the tournament is long you get to much flip flop.

LCool888

LCool888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 handed for sure, I'm better when the game is slower

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 max is better for me you have to collect information from only 5 players and you can play aggresive

UberKadet

UberKadet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which do you all prefer, and why??
i prefer 6max over 9. sometimes i have also played upto 10ppl on one table when playing at a friends place and it just gets too much. when playing a full table of 9, although the pot size does grow much more, i prefer 6 max at a table as its easier to manipulate overall pot and the potential of having any hand is less then on a table of 9.

8CrazyEights8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny this question for me, because I want to like more and play more 6max, but I still like and have more results with 9 handed, I think it's because of having more experience on this type, but it's very close.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands