re: Poker & 6 handed tourneys
I play alot of tournaments where 8 is max at the tables so I get to play alot of 6 and 5 handed games so this is in my comfort zone. I have also found that I do alot better at these than at the 9 or 10 player 1 table SnGs. Here is some of what I do.
Six handed tournaments:
- I play and see alot of flops in late position.
- I defend my blinds alittle more often than normal.
- Continuation bets are a must, especially on harmless flops.
- Raise or fold preflop. No real reason to just call, a raise alot of times will win the blinds.
- Don't be afraid to reraise w/ just top pair. You will get alot of people betting to see if you hit a flop and try to steal pots from you.
- Patience is a key. I notice that some people lose interest in these and then make a stupid play that you can take advantage of. You would be amazed at some of the bad bubble play in these. You can have 500 left and the two big stacks will fight it out. As long as you still have chips you can come back. I have won several tables after falling below 500 in chips.
- Shortstacked is not a death sentence in these. It is suprising how many people just give up on these if they lose some money early or get down. You are playing against a smaller table so the odds
of going against a great starting hand when going all-in is not as high. You can push and not get called as often but if you do it every hand eventually you will get called.