My 4 flush draw rules

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are the rules i follow at my tables to win the most (and lose the least) on a flush draw.

1: Don't draw to a flush on a paired board. Even when you make your hand, you get into a lot of awkward turn/river spots. Example:

Hero had AsJs on a Ts Td 8s board vs v with 88. turn is 4s, hero bets and villain jams. Yuck!

2: Always draw to a flush on a str8 board. Even when you aren't getting the direct pot odds, implied odds are through the roof. If you can hit your card, you will stack str8s and make a killing. Overall, it is a winning play.

3: Keep in mind stack and pot sizes. If you a 100BB stack, and you need to call 10BB to draw, the next street you will probably have to call >20BB. This is especially important in tournaments, you need to know if calling one street is going to price you into a jam the next.

4: Mix it up with your strong draws. Throw in a raise, bet, or c-riase with an A-high or a straight flush draw every now and then.

If you have anything to add or disagree with something comment pls!

V

VbikerV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with 4 flash i believe all time. But i lose too often

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like these rules. I always follow rule #1 after learning the hard way.

I think the use of "always" in rule 2 is dangerous. Stack sizes can really mess with implied odds, but generally I like the thought here.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true! It goes together with #3 as well, make sure your not going to be priced in even on a bad river!

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 4 flush i don't believe in implied odds because it is very obvious.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
pot odds are a good guide to follow. And yes, drawing for a flush at a paired board can be a fools errand.

T

trixxxter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like those rules, good advice!

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is a pretty good list of rules.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more...

Here are the rules i follow at my tables to win the most (and lose the least) on a flush draw.

1: Don't draw to a flush on a paired board. Even when you make your hand, you get into a lot of awkward turn/river spots. Example:

Hero had AsJs on a Ts Td 8s board vs v with 88. turn is 4s, hero bets and villain jams. Yuck!

2: Always draw to a flush on a str8 board. Even when you aren't getting the direct pot odds, implied odds are through the roof. If you can hit your card, you will stack str8s and make a killing. Overall, it is a winning play.

3: Keep in mind stack and pot sizes. If you a 100BB stack, and you need to call 10BB to draw, the next street you will probably have to call >20BB. This is especially important in tournaments, you need to know if calling one street is going to price you into a jam the next.

4: Mix it up with your strong draws. Throw in a raise, bet, or c-riase with an A-high or a straight flush draw every now and then.

If you have anything to add or disagree with something comment pls!

5) When getting your 5th of the suit, a reraise to 3x your bet is too much to not be beat with the higher flush. I've read/ heard so many guides that say that having your flush from 2 cards in the hole and 3 on the board makes it "highly unlikely" that your opponent has the flush as well.

Full Flush Poker Poker Rules - Poker Games