3 barrel bluff

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is 3 barrel bluff profitable in long term against fit folder player? especially when board gets scary ?

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once bluffed in all three streets. The opponent believed me! I won a huge pot! But then I woke up. Oh, it was a good dream.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience is that it does not work enough to be profitable.

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My point is that it is hard to make really strong hand and if opponent is capable to fold why not to 3 barrel ?

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it works against a certain player then keep doing it. I just know that it very rarely works for me. Good luck. Just keep in mind that if you keep doing this pattern over and over again eventually someone will set you up and you are going to lose a big pot.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
You have to define fit or fold player.

Most of them used to fold at the flop already if they didn't hit anything. And a the latest at the turn if they only had a pair under a good top pair.

So if they call two streets they are on a draw or have a strong hand.

At the micros two barrels are therefore often enough (unless your hand is so weak you feel you must bluff a better missed draw or bet so big that they fold almost everything but the nuts).

But it would probably work the first time, at least until people know that you are doing. It is almost like going all-in in a deep cash game pre-flop. The first couple of times you do it people would fold everything but aa (and maybe kk), but if you continue to do it they call lighter.

If you jump in to a new table and raise what you know is a tight-weak player ( at least not a calling station) and then fire three barrels it would probably succeed at most boards.

And against the right kind of player that is afraid of stacking of with anything but the nuts (or close to it) it would often continue to work so often that it is profitable.

Just choose the right target and don't do it so often that people notice that you bluff to much.

Good players would soon notice that your betting frequencies are to high, but it can take a while to catch on even for them.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It should be something that you very rarely use. If you play like Jamie Gold and bluff like crazy, you're going to get stacked a lot of the time. Phil Laak (One of my favorite players) picked him off each time and ended up knocking him out. It's good to mix it in and use it to try to steal pots you believe you can steal.

M

mousebites

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends how tight you have been playing. if you have a good read on the opponent but I wouldn't risk my stack on a bluff.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must determine the opponent's hand. Maybe he got the right card on the river, and you give him the money.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean fit folder player? A hit or fold? Then just bluff on flop if it's not working he hit. So stop bluffing

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to know the other players on the table when you run the risk!