2NL more profitable than 5NL?

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed the amount of loose-passives in 2NL are considerably more higher in 2NL.

On 6 different poker tables, I've managed to reel in about 0.5 to 1 buy ins within half an hour on average when it comes to 2NL. On 5NL this could sometimes take an hour which although is more than 2NL it does seem to vary a lot so on overall the amount of profit per hour to me seems less.

When it comes to showdowns, despite being quite tight myself, most players on 5NL don't seem to play anything weaker than a QJ whereas on 2NL you get many showdowns with any suited face card/rags. They're either chasing a flush/straight with bad implied odds or they just don't understand kickers.

I know people say it isn't much of a big difference and 5NL is only slightly harder but on 888poker this doesn't seem to be the case.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know as 888, on PS and on NL2 I play hard

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5NL is harder than 2NL, thats why you think the latter is more profitable but if you play the game the right way 5NL will always be more profitable IF YOU CAN BEAT IT.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't the appeal of online poker the fact that you can multitable easily? Why don't you try comparing the profits of 2*2NL vs 5NL

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
hm is rake on nl2 and nl5 same on 888?

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have sufficient knowledge and skills to raise the level, then it will be as profitable as the lowest level.

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
maybe better to skip nl5 and try nl 10 rake are big under nl10

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is obvious that HL2 has a weaker field than HL5. It's easier to beat him, he plays a lot on it. You can have a much higher winrate, which compensates for a smaller limit.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe better to skip nl5 and try nl 10 rake are big under nl10

Yes, I am seeing the rake at NL2 is bad. On BOL(bet-on-line) if you and Villian get it all in 100BBs each and you chop, you each lose .09cents, That is alot of rake. Do all sites post their rake somewhere on the site??

I am going to play all cash (well almost all) and I have to decide if it is even manageable with this much rake. My bankroll can stand me playing 5/10 cent but I do not know if my cash game skills are good enough?? I mean thankfully poker does not have to pay my rent or my food bills but I do not want to play 40 hours per week just to make the site money

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
mpn network is the best for nl2, nl5 they have 1k and 3k weekend freerolls for raked hands and 30 rb on most skins

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mpn network is the best for nl2, nl5 they have 1k and 3k weekend freerolls for raked hands and 30 rb on most skins

Thanks, I have to check this out. I am a US player, ?? I mean there are ways (smile) but I do not really want to violate the TOS

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
ou sory no us players but i was thinking you play on 888 global network not on us 888

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't the appeal of online poker the fact that you can multitable easily? Why don't you try comparing the profits of 2*2NL vs 5NL

I agree. I think moving to multi-tabling at the lower limit until you improve enough to be competitive at NL5. Keep in mind that BB/100 is a more important number overall in your poker career than $ earned at the micro stakes.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommended multi-tabling NL2 earlier but NL5 games on 888 are easily beatable with a HUD. It's very apparent who the loose passives, nits, and solid players are.

If you see a table where "no one is playing with a hand worse than QJ", then open more and steal more blinds in position. When they call your wide open, you have to start hand reading and figuring out what types of hands he would call your open with. If it's a high card board, give up when they start fighting back (hero c-bet, villain raises).

I'm sure you'll figure out the rest.