2NL in 2018

M

Misticblair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey what is up people ? I was thinking lately that 2nl starts to get a little bit too wild. People shoving vs2/3 pot bet early on flop KA6 (having 6Q on sb/bb lol) and get rewarded with Q on turn xD Today I reviewed my hands and most all ins I lost because my enemies got rewarded by "brokenstars" :D I can't do much but laugh even tho I lost around 18% of my bankroll in last 2 weeks mostly because of dudes hitting third Q on river vs my KK, or straight vs my AA with decent agression. I find myself more comfortable at 50nl at times but my bankroll does not allow me to play there of course. I know it is just some mirage that 2NL is tougher than 50NL, don't get me wrong but isn't it the only stake that requires pure ABC style with shoving with absolute nuts postflop or KK/AA only ? Also as small amount of bluffs as possible. What you can say about 2NL these days guys?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I lost $12.3 with EV -$4.62 over 2k hands,
yes there are a lot of aggressive plays and get rewarded.

Like below hand, MP does not have odds to set mine but is willing to re-shove preflop with 66 when facing 3bet from BB and UTG caller.

It makes the game more interesting and brings more variance

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.11 (106 bb)
MP: $0.77 (39 bb)
CO: $1.86 (93 bb)
BU: $1.00 (50 bb)
SB: $0.76 (38 bb)
BB (Hero): $1.00 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Q Q
UTG raises to $0.07, MP calls $0.07, 3 players fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.30, UTG calls $0.23, MP 4-bets to $0.77 (all-in), Hero 5-bets to $1 (all-in), UTG calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.78) 4 6 2 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($2.78) 4 (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($2.78) 9 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $2.78 (Rake: $0.17)

Showdown:
BB (Hero) shows Q Q (two pair, Queens and Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 50%, Flop: 9%, Turn: 2%, River: 0%)

MP shows 6 6 (a full house, Sixes full of Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 20%, Flop: 87%, Turn: 98%, River: 100%)

UTG shows A Q (a pair of Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 30%, Flop: 4%, Turn: <1%, River: 0%)

BB (Hero) wins $0.43
MP wins $2.18

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is 50NL harder than 2NL, yes.

Hey what is up people ? I was thinking lately that 2nl starts to get a little bit too wild. People shoving vs2/3 pot bet early on flop KA6 (having 6Q on sb/bb lol) and get rewarded with Q on turn xD Today I reviewed my hands and most all ins I lost because my enemies got rewarded by "brokenstars" :D I can't do much but laugh even tho I lost around 18% of my bankroll in last 2 weeks mostly because of dudes hitting third Q on river vs my KK, or straight vs my AA with decent agression. I find myself more comfortable at 50nl at times but my bankroll does not allow me to play there of course. I know it is just some mirage that 2NL is tougher than 50NL, don't get me wrong but isn't it the only stake that requires pure ABC style with shoving with absolute nuts postflop or KK/AA only ? Also as small amount of bluffs as possible. What you can say about 2NL these days guys?

50NL is a lot harder than 2NL. Trust me, most people are less prone to bluff off $50 than $2. It's a complete adjustment between the two limits. It's not that big of a change, though; Honestly, if you're like 5bb/100 at 2NL you'd be profitable at 50NL. I like 50NL, it's not as aggressive 3-betting preflop at 100NL, but it's still aggressive and fun.

M

Misticblair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
xRanieri - I know that 50nl is tougher field, my point is that 2nl is odd as f.k :D so many many bad plays rewarded etc. I will do my best best to beat it as I want to stick to 25-50 till end of next year .

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would theorize that in every level, also in 50NL the feeling that fish is rewarded stays the same. The thing is that when you get better, smaller things start to feel like fish plays. Good example is this one NL500 streamer who almost lost his marbles in 25NL because, according to him, everyone was a total fish and had no idea of apparent ranges =)

M

Misticblair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just after session. Another drop-down. Interesting tho, opponents seems to almost never bluff and give pot away only once in a blue moon vs big bet on turn/river, or even c-betting 2/3 4/3 pot etc. sick. What you guys think would be good adjustment for this stake. Being total nit player ? I'm trying to break this stake to the sub-atom level, I just feel so mad inside, that I will do everything to crush those people lol :D

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

2nl/5nl.....ABC poker only
bluffing is suicide.... if your opponent gets anything or has a pair in hand they do not fold ever

At this level its all about value...make a good hand and get as much value as you can

At this level learn to control your tilt...you will get called with the worst hands you can imagine and they will get miracles to beat you.

if you understand this and play straight ABC you can make money at these levels.

Quick tip: If your opponent chk calls you down to river then puts in a big bet = 90% of the time slow played trips &#55357;&#56841;

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick tip: If your opponent chk calls you down to river then puts in a big bet = 90% of the time slow played trips ��

I like those bad players because they let you draw your flush or your straight. Trips are not garanteed win (well it helps to improve to a full house, but it doesn't happen that often).

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Interesting post.

The last two weeks I started playing micro ZOOM cash games again after some months, I think last time was March or April as I remember.

Microstakes today is the best thing to test your emotional strength, clarity and composure. If you aren't emotionally strong, this game at this level can destroy you.

Even with only two weeks about back in cash, things are really wild. The bad beats and coolers are horrendous. If you play relatively tight you will lose mostly to coolers, but these will be brutal coolers. Not set over set, overpair losing to set,etc

I close the previous week (which was my first) with a slight profit of 2.08$. This week I started with a loss of 4$ about, next two days with a profit of 9$ about and the last two days a nightmare and I lose again 5.5$.....

I'm talking about freaky things, like losing two times A-high broadway to flush, two times flopped KK set (top set the first and second set the other) to flopped straights.....

Today I played about 1500 hands, I got delt AA and KK 22 times in total and managed......to have a sum of about 2$ loss only from those two hands.....:eek::eek::eek:

Amazing?? Of course.....

This must be world record. I got AA and KK 22 times today in 1500 hands and they rewarded......me with a loss of 2$

Man, crazy stuff down there. But you've gotta to be cool and laugh.

Last edited:
M

Misticblair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
woah 22 times in one session and hit loss on it. Pretty much bad session feel you bro. (still remember my biggest cooler... tourney that I could win... which could change my life almost xD) AA vs 9Jo (dude runned to straight... fking bastard)

This is interesting that ABC is still a thing, I managed to bluff couple of times but it requires a lot of ... focus on table (when I play 4 tables I suck at it, when I focus 1-2 I am doing quite well) - I'll be doing what I'm doing best. Trying hard as fk. :D

Share your opinions guys, about 2NL now and back in the days, when simple 3 bet caused folds like domino effect. haha :D

PS. by the way, if there is so many ... rec's that tries to grind up in stakes, how the heck is that we all have to play abc poker.. hmm I was counting on some more 'pro' level of gameplay at this stake this year, comparing to 2016 for example, but it seems like nothing really changed except that people are more likely to try to call you down till they see your guts. lol.

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At NL2/5....ABC even in this day n age..although you also need to table select i never sit at a table with more than one reg...

what you should be finding as well is most regs will be nits 15/9 ..... its rare to find a really good player at these levels as they quickly move on...

there are loads of worse players if you go looking for them ...... there are regs but most are never progressing and are one dimensional so figure that out and off you go. For Example.....I play against a reg every week and he has a huge leak in his game...i exploit it constantly and he pays off regular as clockwork.......

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all sites have this variance, it's just the way they work