Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,
Hero UTG 10 10 open 3x
Fold to btn and he shoved. 100BB
Hero also have 100BB
Hero new to table so no read on player on btn.

I folded here but still struggled to understand why someone will do that. Like shoving 100BB just to steal 1.5BB makes no sense, so I folded as didn't want to gamble on this spot. Any one can explain the possibile reason why someone do this in general.?

Thanks team

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hello there,

Sorry for the bad feeling, but take my advice and only try to understand how to improve your game. Don't waste your time on trying to explain other players moves, especially since you are telling us about one guy that doesn't seem to be a reg or someone you would share a table with in the future anymore!

Improving your game should be your only problem!

gl gl

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello there,

Sorry for the bad feeling, but take my advice and only try to understand how to improve your game. Don't waste your time on trying to explain other players moves, especially since you are telling us about one guy that doesn't seem to be a reg or someone you would share a table with in the future anymore!

Improving your game should be your only problem!

gl gl

Thanks G, was asking just so next time someone do this I like to equip myself with a defensive system.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first time you see someone doing this, just fold unless you have aces or kings. If he does it repeatedly, then you can start to call a little wider, especially if you are last to act or only have 1-2 players behind you. As someone else said, dont try to understand, why other players do, what they do. Only focus on creating a strategy to beat them.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the player has no history, pass, but you can take a chance and pull out a coin - rather a weak player or tilt