20 Tips for rookie players at No-Limit Hold'em.
The following are some random tips for No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games.
In no particular order:
1. Respect people representing a big hand, try not to go broke with a pair or two pair.
2. Don't get overly aggressive when board shows a possible straight or flush.
3. Protect your hand by betting/raising.
4. Raise medium pairs on the button.
5. Don't slow play or play for value, push good hands aggressively by betting/raising.
6. Slow play only the stone cold nuts.
7. Call with correct pot odds
but have the discipline to fold when you KNOW you're beat.
8. Bet the nuts for value, whatever you think your opponent will call.
9. Fold draws without the correct pot odds
, don't over estimate implied odds.
10. Limit starting hand requirements to good hands & live cards.
11. Call with suited connectors preflop only with 4-1 pot odds.
12. Don't bluff a lot as many players will call.
13. Don't bluff to win a small pot unless heads up and in position.
14. RAISE RAISE RAISE.
15. Play consistently and patiently.
16. Continuation bet against only 1 opponent oop or 2 when in position.
17. Don't continuation bet when board is straightening or 3 flushed.
18. If the board pairs, hit the breaks and slow down. Be wary of a potential full house.
19. Don't ever limp with good cards preflop.
20. Don't assume a pot sized bet means a bluff.
Hopefully these simple tips will help some of the newer players here to get a little bit better. Any other tips or constructive-criticism is welcome. Thanks for your time. See you all at the tables!