Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello there CardsChat community! I am preparing a sticky post here where I intend to post everyday 2 NLHE Zoom hands to be appreciated and analysed.
I will seek more for deep stack pots, but I will not let go marginal situations.
The objective of this post is to analyse 2 NLHE hands played in 6-Max, Fast Fold tables (pokerstars Zoom).
All the hands are from PokerStars and I will try to keep them uptaded everyday!
Be free to make your comments, critics, comments and to post your own hands to the test!
I hope to count on the community engagement.
I don't want to compromisse anybody, and I like to respect other players and their mistake, because I make them too. Because of the integrity of the players involved in the hands, I will keep their names hidden for the audience. None of these hands were played by me or colleagues/associates of mine. When I decide to comment one of my personal hands, I will put the name of the players.
Let's begin!

Hand of the day.

February, 18th of 2020

All-in preflop Deep Stacked with AKo out of position. Ideas?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024v9HhNY

BB has 673.5 blinds
BTN has 257.5 blinds (after BTN 3-bets versus UTG)

Here comes the story!

Once upon a time, UTG raises first to 3x having 100 blinds deep. The player in the BTN, deep stacked, 3-bets versus UTG to 3x. There are only UTG and BTN involved in the hand and the action comes to us in the Big Blind, holding AKo.

This villain made the choice of 4-bet/Squeeze to 5.3x versus the 3x 3-bet of the BTN.
Is this the best size? Is this the best action?

A) What could ever happen if we decide to FOLD here?

B) What could ever happen if we elected to CALL here?

C) What could ever happen if we elected to 4-BET/SQUEEZE here?

Polarization: hint of weakness at the micros

Many players at 2 NLHE are just beginners who hate to study poker. (I was one of them).
They believe that a wonderful forum as CardsChat is not good for them. :eek:
Well, they simply believe in their intuition and nonsense skill level, most of times they are trying to imitate celebrity streamers, bloggers, youtubers and have no sense of what they are really doing. They are just copying and imitating and have no creativity to think every situation as unique in the universe of possibilities.
One of the greatest leak they have is the bet sizing: they make huge ammounts of mistake in this area.
The second greatest leak is the flawed playability postflop. Because what makes sense for a player who thinks the game, doesn't make any sense for a player who isn't thinking at all about the game. A player who is just imitating what some poker celebrity said and did in a very specific spot, versus a very specific opponent in a very specific stake.

For an average regular, when it comes a raise from UTG and a 3-bet from the BTN is a sign of alert! Unless UTG and BTN had demonstraded to be real weak ones, I believe we could be folding, from time to time AKo here. (Not the only option!).
I will fold here when the player in the UTG is a NIT. I will fold then, when the BTN is a NIT. If both are NITs no need to discussion, FOLD.
If we call here is bad, because we already think that UTG could possibly do after a 3-bet and a caller out of position: now UTG has many options, it can call to see a 3-handed flop in a monster pot, it could 4-bet Squeeze representing the top of its range....
Whenever UTG calls or 4-bet is not good for us, so I believe the call is out of question.
We can be calling 100% of times, if we are very sure of what UTG is going to do next. Or if we are sure that both UTG and BTN are very weak players, with very mistakes in their postflop games.
We agree that the BTN usually has a wide range. However the 3-bet range of the BTN versus UTG is very capped/restricted.
We will find many bluffs when BTN makes a 3-bet versus the CO. But both MP and UTG, the average regulars are selecting better hands, with a best playability postflop to face a capped range who opens out of position and most likely, will call most of times, giving that the range is almost always very limited.
AT 2 NLHE today (when I say today, I really mean it! The examples are fresh), the average regulars are ever 3-betting UTG with, for example JTs, 22-99, sometimes 22-JJ they are more calling versus UTG than 3-betting because they have position and because there is a great chance of finding a whale in the blinds.
The average regulars of 2 NLHE, players who are there everyday and are breakeven, composing 95% of the field.
Yes, it is sad but 95% of the players at 2 NLHE are breakeven. Only 5% of players really suceed at this business and this kind makes no such mistakes preflop or postflop.
I am not comdemning the 4-Bet Squeeze as a "bad play" or "the wrong choice".

Let's look upon the situation:

15% of hands opens from UTG.
5% of hands 3-bets from BTN
1% of hands 4-bet Squeezes BB versus UTG+BTN
1% of hands 5-bet Squeezes BTN x BB

Logically looking at this situation, we observe that the player in the BB exposed its game, by using polarization as a weapon which turns against itself. Okay that we are deep stacked, but when we make a 5.3x 4-bet, out of position, versus capped ranges we must be ready for weird stuff.
What do we say about the player in the BTN? Is there any difference between making a HUGE 5-bet size like it did or going all-in once and for all?
BTN puts a 3.64x 5-bet, also using polarization.
We cannot polarize our range in situations where we have no bluffs to balance our values to make our reading more complicated and consequently, we can cause more damage.
If both the player in the BTN and of the BB are going all in PF, deep stacked, not only with AA and AK (value hands) but with some bluffs I believe it is profitable. :D
BB could be bluffing here (it was in fact, AK is the best semi bluff, because of the removal), so when the player in the BTN gives such an absurd price to my bluffs, I have to fold. This move only worked, because we believe the player in the BB is a whale, who really believed it wasn't bluffing at all! :eek: We also believe that the player in the BTN is the Average Regular of 2 NLHE, who knows that the player in the BB is a recreational and took advantage of it by using exploitation.
Now, if BB uses a more linear range, and okay, 4-bets AKo, because it is really a good hand and terrrible for calling preflop out of position in a 3-handed pot. However, let's use a size that will be good for our values and our bluffs.
Polarized 4-bet range will put us in situations like this where we have no bluffs and we are forced to go because we already made the pot grows too much. But, in deep with ourselves we know that we are never winning in a scenario like this.
They tend to be weak players who are always trying to explore to the maximum (one consider the other a fish) with preposterous large sizings in situations where it is very clear and obvious that the player is only raising large (polarizing) with VALUES.
IT has no bluffs to balance its values! In a situation with raises like this we will find nothing but AA, KK and AK! Where are the bluffs? The Bluff here is AKo, lol.
IMO, if we decide to polarize our preflop range with AA, KK and AK, we also should be doing it with 3 bluffs, for example we are going to polarize for bluff ATs AJs, AQs.
But we know that when an average regular of 2 NLHE polarizes this much versus another polarization in a scenario like this, it will always have AA and if you are lucky KK.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maximum polarization!

One of the funniest hands I ever seen in my life :D

Hand of the day #

February, 19th of 2020

2 NLHE Zoom - PokerStar

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vbOSM5

This example is very similar to the previous one.
We can observe that the player in the MP is deep stacked and elects to raise to 3.5x. This is clear polarization/exploitation move.
Can we safely open 20% of hands with a 3.5x raise from MP and be profitable at all?
The action follows to the CO, who elects to 3-bet to 3.4x the size of the MP's opener.
The CO is also polarizing its range quite a bit. A 3x 3-bet would do the work just fine here with all of our range safely, for value and for bluff.
Now, the BTN folds, and a funny fact: the player in the SB decides to Cold Call a polarized 3-bet here! Isn't that wonderful, from the technical point of view?
Guys, we will not see to many of them playing 5 NLHE and 10 NLHE any longer. When SB decides to Cold Call here it never has AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ, sometimes even JJ would not cold call here given that both MP and CO polarized their preflop sizings.
When SB calls here, its range become pretty much too obvious and easy to exploit. Observe that the player in the BB is deep stacked too, with more than 400 blinds of Effective Stack!
The BB folds, and the action comes to the player in the MP. It decides to put up a 4-bet/Squeeze of 4x the size of the original 3-bet (BTN 3-bets to $ 0.24 , SB calls, MP 4-bets to $ 0.98).
It is almost the same of the previous hand of yesterday, february 18th. But this one is much more sick when the subject is polarization. :icon_flow
I hope you all enjoy!

Regards;

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

funny hands indeed xD , jeez what is happening here!

I have played for a long time the 2nl games.
I find it a bit hard to believe that players polarizing their range at 2nl.
If they do it, they do it probably because they are some kind of maniac.
If someone 4bets he has AA, KK, AK. That 's it.
I don't know about the regs, but I guess since those tables have many of new or bad players then complicated thinking and fancy plays are doing nothing but leveling my very own self at the end.
Of course many bluffs take place too, but again.. maniacs.

Really funny that those bets are either way too large or way too thin.
Like the 4bet with AK on the first hand or the 3bet with AA on the last one.
And then you also see everywhere min bets on monster pots with full houses and pot size or overbets on small or limped pots with top pair weak kicker or pure air.
Nice stuff to enjoy xD.

Best

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is the BB calling with?

Hand of the day #

February, 21th of 2020

2 NLHE, Zoom - PokerStars

BB defense

UTG raises to 3x, folds, folds, BTN calls, SB calls and BB calls.
the flop comes 2cJc5s, checks, checks, checks, and BTN bets nearly 3/4 pot and the player in the BB, oop, decides to pay again! UTG also pays.
Again, turn comes a Th and the BTN makes another huge c-bet turn of nearly 3/4 pot and BB calls out of position, with UTG on its side.
The river is fantastic! It comes a 3h and BTN decides to jam. BB calls the jam!
When the player in the UTG re-raises the jam, BB folds. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
BB had to pay $ 1.08 for a pot of $ 8.38! BB needed to be right only 1 time out of 8 and even so it decide to fold. Can you believe it? :D;):)

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vhbHLW

Bonus hand #

February, 21th of 2020

2 NLHE, Zoom - PokerStars

MP mini-3-bets versus UTG. Hard fold? :D

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vgIMeI

Regards;

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The micros are alive!

#Hand of the Day

February, 24th of 2020

2 NLHE - PokerStars - Zoom

Getting rich from UTG!

Hi everyone, here comes another fantastic situation brought by us today.
As we can see in the hand, both UTG and MP are deep stacked. UTG raises only 2x, which is a very strange sizing for Cash Tables. 3x is standard both for value and for bluff because it doesn't polarize any part of our range.
The Flop comes 3hJc4s and UTG elects to 1/2 pot. MP calls.
Now, what is really amazing about the micros is this turn: it comes a 5d and UTG shoves all-in deep stacked and MP calls!
Let's see what happened:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vr8BJU

#Related hand

February, 24th of 2020

2 NLHE - PokerStars - Zoom

Opening wild from EP and BB Hero Calling Turn as if God himself.

Here comes another similar hand. UTG raises 2x, lol, folds, CO makes a ludicrous 3-bet, raising only to 6x. BB Squeezes and only UTG calls.
UTG bets 1/2 pot and calls a raise when the flop is 8hJs6s. Wonderful, BB can have JJ, AJ, AA, KK, QQ, etc and so does UTG. the turn completes a flush with the Ace of Spades and UTG dedides to shove! BB calls...:eek::D:eek::D

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vr7B03

Summarizing: we see how wide and wild are the ranges used for some exclusive part of the field, those who went to 2 NLHE to put their necks on a rope. There was another example of a player opening K6o from UTG and Cold Calling 3-bet oop, then it decides to go for 3-streets of value when it hits a flush in the turn with 6 high! Amazing :love:

Regards;

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Leveling Wars, Episode I: The Fish Menace

#Hand of the day

February, 25th of 2020

2 NLHE - Zoom - PokerStars

SB Squeeze's vs UTG Deep Stacked

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vt1gRM

So, SB, in the Top of its range, Squeezes UTG to 5.2x. Okay, UTG opens 2.5x and BTN calls.
We are aware that when SB makes such a move we will find in its range AA, KK, TT, AK, and in some weak player's range AT. UTG decides to call with a very similar range, except that UTG will not have many AA and KK in a spot like this.
There are already 29.5 blinds in the pot, the flop comes AdKsTs and the SB player elects to make a C-bet, with its entire range, of 28.5 blinds.
SB c-bets 99% of the value of the pot. With AA, KK, TT and AK and the straight draws and flush draws at maximum here.
A classical case, where we see every single day, where players use and abuse of exploitative game, without any sense of logic:
When we bet 100% pot here we are not giving odds for UTG to continue with KQ, AQ, AJ, AT, could fold here, because this sizing is ridiculous, all the underpairs such as QQ, JJ 99 would fold, so, realistically speaking, hands that could continue here with a 100% pot bet in the flop are:

AA, KK, TT, AK, AT, the flush draws of diamonds and the straight draws with Jx and Qx with a diamond and, before I forget, the Straight itself with QJ.
The turn bricks a 6c, and SB, out of position, elects to bomb the turn again. We knew ever since the bet flop that the SB's plan is to go all in many turns or river, when it bets so high in the flop.
There is no excuse for protection. No excuse that the UTG is a fish player. No excuses at all for such a wonderful huge sizing in the flop!
Let's suppose we are in the top of our range, with AA and KK or with QJ (although SB will not have many QJ Squeezing vs UTG), and we want to make a bet that could work both for value and for protection. If we are scared of the straight or the flush, let's bet just 1/2 pot.
If we bet too much we get committed with our hand, even for the times the straights and flushes hit the turn/river?
What's the point? Making the pot grows so fast it is a clear tell of weakness. When it comes a diamond in the Turn or double pair turn or comes a 9x, Qx, or a Jx in the turn, SB will continue to bet regarless of the board.
SB is thinking only about the absolute value of its hands, not how ranges react versus ranges. It has sets and two pairs and it is going all-in deep stack no matter what.
Remember that UTG calls a huge bet in the flop and now comes a brick 6c and UTG calls again! This is very scary.
Is it possible that UTG was seeking a flush in the river or a straight with no price for so doing it?

The River

It is a 4s and the SB triple barrels JAM for a 481.5 blinds pot! (no rake) with its entire range. What does SB expects more here? More folds or more calls of dominated hands? :rolleyes:
We see that SB could be easily checking turn to call some river bets, but no! Aggression prints money! Let's be aggressive without a cause at the micros, and this is another elegant and beautiful example that we need to think the game, no matter how low the stake.
A Cash Game is a Cash Game: what it changes from stake to stake is the rake. And the ability of the players. The theories and methods are the same.

#Related Hand

February, 25th of 2020

R 3-bet and Cold Call 4-bet IP with a very strong hand! :rolleyes:

I call it simply "R 3-bet" when I someone make a very tiny/non-sense 3-bet preflop. "R" is from ridiculous. So, these guys making ridiculous 3-bet preflops are everywhere at the micros. And we don't know what they are capable of being ridiculously 3-betting and Cold Calling 4-bet in position. :D:p

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vsQnuX

Regards;

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When to chase flushes - Part I

Hi there everyone, here comes another excellent hand for apreciation

#Hand of the day

February, 26th of 2020

BB Cold Calling Range

It comes in gap to the BTN who raises 3x, SB folds and BB calls. The Flop is KcTc9s and the player in the BB donks 1/3 pot. In the BTN, we could raise here, but why? We don't even have a flush.
We know almost for sure that the BB doesn't have in a high frequency, AK, AQ, KK, 99 and TT: those are hands that BB would be 3-betting preflop.
The best case is KT, K9, T9, and Kx and Tx that could donk this flop. Also some straight draw and for a miracle BB could have called with QJs or QJo.
Another hands are AK, AQ and AJ but we believe BB also would be 3-betting those preflop.
We do call, and the turn comes a Jd and the BB comes for a second barrel of 1/2 pot now.
We cannot fold a flush draw here for such a good price. We cannot raise as well because any Queen would be calling, any two pair such as KJ, J9, JT, etc that could be in the BB's Cold Calling Range Out of Position.
The River is so sweet because it completes a Queen of Spades and now BB comes for the third barrel, we all know what to do here, we almost have "The Nuts", except for JT of Spades, we have the nuts and we must raise here, because straight flushes are rare and BB will continue paying here with two pair, sets and straights:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vwW5Yy

Do you think is it "fishy" to chase flushes like this? Let us know your ideas!

#Bonus Hand

February, 26th of 2020

When NOT to chase flushes:

UTG raises to 4x, the classic case of polarization preflop. MP calls and BTN calls. Flop comes 7hKdTh and UTG best a little more than 1/2 pot. MP and BTN calls. It comes a 5d and UTG sends another bomb: MP calls again and BTN calls again.
The River is really interesting because now comes a 6h and UTG jams. MP calls and BTN re-JAMS!!! BTN must have the flush nuts right? :cool:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vwLDs4

Regards;

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Deep Stacked Hand or Why we don't bluff many rivers

This is a nice deep stack spot where we see for sure why we cannot bluff many rivers, specially when we have showdown value:

#Hand of the Day

February, 27th of 2020

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vxOq7p

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Leveling Wars, Episode I: The Fish Menace

Hello everyone, sorry for I have done a surgery in my teeth a few days ago and I am kindda dizzy yet.
However, I will keep feeding this thread because I can see there are a lot of viewers.

Why we cannot bluff a lot of rivers at the micros?

BB 3-bets BTN with AJo, hits a flush draw and when completes a flush in the river (which BB doesn't have) it decides to JAM: However, many players at the micros would never fold a Qx, 8x, and a boat ever! If they are calling with TP, Two Pair and Sets, they are calling exploitatively with anything:

#Hand of the day

March, 3rd of 2020

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vLmq9k

#Related hand

March, 3rd of 2020

Same subject here: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vLmeMa

Forget it these bluffs, almost 99% of the field is not folding any bottom flush to a river shove, so why do we bother trying? Besides, this was a checked flop from the BB: when we do check from the BB versus limpers we almost never have the nuts in the river, so, again why bother ourselves?

Regards;

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Random blinds players:

#Hands of the Day

March, 6th of 2020

2 NLHE - Zoom - Pokerstars

Blinds defense (or non-sense):

1) It is okay if we mix between calling and 3-betting AJo from the BB versus BTN: we don't wanna play any part of our range by simply only raising or only calling.
BTN raises to 3x and BB defends with AJo.
Flop: 4cJsTc and BTN 1/2 pots. Here is a very hard spot where sometimes we should be raising for protection, since BTN will not present many JJ or JT right now, because of the removal.
Our TPTK is way too strong in the flop, considering BTN x BB ranges, that we can be calling here in more dry boards. This kind of board should be something like 70% check-raising or more and 30% calling or less.
When we call here we must be ready to give up our hand on many turns, such as a club, 7x, 8x, 9x, sometimes the Queen will be good for our range, sometimes not, specially the Queen of Clubs.
This is a mistake that many players do at the micros today: they slow play their strong hands, and when the turn is better for Villain's range they decided to ship all-in:
The 7x is a real bad card for the range of the BB which calls preflop, not only AJo.
Given that the range of the BTN is so dynamic, now it has a bunch of J4, JT, J7, T7, sometimes even T4 and 74, BTN also will have 98, KQ, Q8, Q9, QT, sometimes AQ, and even more rare the groups of sets with 44, TT, 77, etc.
AJ was a good raise in the flop where we were a galaxy ahead of BTN's range: now in the turn, the player in the BB decided to turn a value hand into a bluff. Given that we still have showdown value enough, because we are only losing for two pair, sets and straights we could be calling the bet turn to fold almost all the rivers that BTN decides not to check-behind.
Our friend from the BB decided to check-raise turn and BTN goes all-in:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vSe4A5

2) Here the player in the BB decided to call a 3.3x 3-bet out of position with AKo.
It is not the worse configuration of the world to be calling, however it is far from optimal.
When we call here, we give good odds/implied odds for the player in the MP to flat with all the pocket pairs and some strong connectors, for we to play a 3-handed pot out of position in a blowed pot...I rather go to the movies with my girlfriend here. :eek:
When we call this 3-bet out of position we don't know if MP has TT+ AQs+ and could put up a 4-bet upon our hand and then what do we do, insta call?
So, AK is a hand that we cannot simply fold preflop, even out of position, however calling can put us in very strange scenarios.
Almost the same of the last hand, BTN elects to c-bet 1/2 pot and BB calls. This call is very debatable, but by the same time BB cannot raise here because BTN can still have AA, KK on its range.
However calling is not that good since our hand (AK) needs protection from SD and FD. Why this is happening? Because BB called preflop out of position, and it really doesn't matter if right now it has AK, KK or 77 for example.
If we 4-bet, we would isolate the player in the MP and force BTN to either call or fold, the only hands that BTN could shove here are KK+ and AK: AQ is calling, QQ is calling, JJ is calling etc.
IF we had 4-betted we would have initiative upon the hand, besides when we 4-bet we do have all the combos of AA, KK and KK and Villain/BTN would have none.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vSdNrL

3) This is a very hard hand and I believe 99% of the field is never folding to it on the River:
UTG opens to 3x and only BB calls.
The flop comes 4dAd4h and UTG makes a 2/3 pot, because this flop is a little bit connected. Against a fish this is the right sizing almost 100% of times, and it seems that the player in the BB is the famous recreational one.
BB calls, and when BB calls here it has a lot of flush draws, straight draws, worst Ax and of course the 4x in its combos. Weird but possible are 53, 52 and 32..possible!
The river doesn't change anything at all, because it comes another 4s. UTG elects to 2/3 again and what is funny is that BB raises here!
When BB raises here, no matter if fishy or reggie, BB simply would have no bluffs: the only possible bluffs that BB could have here are the flush draws of diamonds and some insane 53, 52, 32 that it decided to call versus UTG, but unlikely to be.
When BB raises turn versus UTG it will have an Ax in its combos or a 4x, because the bluffs are minimal here.
UTG cannot fold yet and we go to a river. On the River completes a flush with the Kd and BB JAMS all-in. UTG with AK, AQ, AJ, AA and KK...????

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vSdAYx

4) This is very similar to the others posted before, but even more crazy from the technical point of view. This is why our winrate can be so huge at the micros, because there are players simply not thinking one second about anything that it is not its hole cards and how it reacted with the board:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vROQNR

Regards;

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
#Hand of the Day

March, 7th of 2020

How to put yourself in dangerous spots:

Okay, lol, MP is a recreational player who makes a weird sized 3-bet versus versus UTG and later called a 3.4x 4-bet versus BTN OOP.
On the Flop, BTN c-bets 1/4 pot and MP calls, because now if MP raises it would be dominated by AA and AK but MP should be raising its two pair and sets here in a high frequency for protection against flushes and straights.
It cannot call nor raise...
Turn comes a Js and BTN 1/3 pot and MP calls again, dominated now by AA, JJ, AJ, AK, AQ, etc..River doubles J's and BTN shoves all-in with Jx, AJ, AA, AJ, JJ, and AK..MP call because it is very close...

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vUm4bI

#Related Hand

March, 7th of 2020

Where are the Villain's bluffs?

Here BTN raises, SB and BB calls and the flop comes very dry KhKd3s and BB donks, turn is a 8h and BB double barrels and river BB JAMS Deep Stacked!
Analysing ranges, and putting ourselves into BTN's shoes with K9s we should be calling very easy until the turn. The river jam is a very easy fold, no doubt!
When BB donks a very dry flop like this it doesn't have any bluff! No straight draws, no flush draws, so, either UTG was trapping AA preflop, which would be very hard to be, since SB entered the pot too, the hands that could be donking here are the Kx and full-houses with 33.
The turn doesn't change Villain's or Hero's range but it is hard to fold a trips like this.
River is dry as the desert because now there are only the missed draws of spades and straights but those are minimal and those BB didn't donk bet on the flop.;)
Calling with a trips in a situation like this where we are not only losing to KT, KJ, KQ, AK (who knows?), but to 33, and in a very low frequency 88, TT that decided to flat call 3-way pot preflop and not squeeze, make us burn a lot of winrante in the long run.
Another very close spot, where either we are way too ahead or way to behind, because Villain still could be bluffing QQ, JJ ...hands that were not in villain's range when the hand started but it is very common to call, having such good odds with some off-suited combos of KT, maybe 50% of times or 60% we flat call here and 40% of the KTo combos we Squeeze preflop, for value and for steal, also with KJo. KQo we are calling less and Squezing more and I guess that AKo we are never calling here because we can isolate the BTN and play in position with the SB with a hand that is nutted flobable.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024vSQrXd

Regards;

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Quads forever :love:

#Hand of the day

March, 10th of 2020

River Hero Calling :eek::eek::eek:

We discuss a lot here that players at the micros are not thinking at all about ranges: we see this exciting example where the player in the BTN Hero Calls with a pocket 6's on a semi-dry board configuration. Why? Because they are no thinking or are just tilted.
For a 447 bb pot, Hero Calling on the River with 66 simply talks for itself: is ever possible to be bluffing by calling? Lol!

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024w23rNH

#Related hand

March, 10th of 2020

Donking flop, donking turn, donking river and Hero Calling shove :p

BTN raises with QQ from the BTN and got two callers, both BTN and SB are deep stacked.
SB elects to donk bet and BTN elects to raise flop. On the turn the same story, SB elects to donk bet again and BTN raises! On the River SB donks again and BTN shoves and SB Hero Calls...for a 487 bb pot!

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024w0VJzx

Yes, it is possible to make profit at the micros in 2020. It is possible to have a huge winrate of 30 BB / 100 if we play correctly. We all do love Poker for it! God bless Nathan 'BlackRain79' Williams and the micro-stakes for being so easy work!

Regards;

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Zoom 2 NLHE

Hello CardsChat, welcome to another episode of the Poker Journal!
I am simply trying to encourage anyone to play at the micros, by demonstrating how weak the players are today. I see some players complaining here at the forum that they hate the micros and hate the donkeys.
We should always love these guys because we are not going to find many of them at 50 NLHE for example.
PokerStars has the fame of being the hardest poker of the market. This is so good, because if PokerStars has this huge ammount of whales and claims to be "the best" it is very safe and profitable to play micro stakes at any other poker room where the ammount of recreational players should be even larger.
Well, I hope you enjoy and keep faith that you will beat this field very soon!

#Hands of the Day

March, 13th of 2020

Please, do not give up playing the micro-stakes, because:

1) SB 3-bets preflop versus BTN and tries to represent the nuts: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024w9uoCZ !!!! :D:D:D:D:D

2) UTG calls two players who went all in PF holding QQ. Would you do the same? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024w9tOs9

3) Missed 2nd nut flush draw calls shove river deep stacked. Why??? https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024w8dDfY :confused::confused::confused::confused:

4) BTN Squeezes preflop and gets sticky to AA: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024w7Kofh deep stacked monster pot, let's play the micros damn it!! :love:

5) "Charlie Carrel" :rolleyes: in the BB trying to bluff SB with JTo missing, nice work sir, nice work! :D;):p:confused::rolleyes::cool::eek::eek2: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024w78cCC Are you a master bluffer like this? Try to improve your game to the next level!

Regards;

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why should you play the micro stakes on weekends

Hi CardsChat another freakin' episode of the Poker Journal and today we are going to see why we should always try to play during weekends. The ammount of bad players is outstanding, many gamblers who use to bet in sports, casinos try their luck playing 2 NLHE and then we observe that the ammount of mistakes is gigantic, more than normal. Shall we? :D

#Hands of the Day

March, 15th of 2020

1) "Creative" aggressive players 3-bets BB x SB and CC 4-bet shoving flop deep: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024wfCUnx Amazing or what? :eek:

2) SB donks flop, donks turn and donks river for a huge pot: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024wf520p What is this world coming to?;)

3) The gran finale is always best: creative aggressive player raises 9x IP, another "monster" player in the blinds 3-bets, 5-bets, shoves holding ??????? What? Sorry? OMG!!!! :: :rolleyes:
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024wea57n

Regards;

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker Bulletin: Tilt ALERT

One of the things that we see by the thousands at 2 NLHE are tilted players. We gotta explore this and know which players are capable of stacking a 500 blinds pot with ace high for example. ;)
On our side, we must prepare ourselves before every session. We don't need to be praying at the tables "hooold", or "fooold", praying to hit our equities or the opposite, complaining too much because players always cooler us down. (some streamers give real bad examples by tilting very easily on the tables, screaming, breaking computers).
When we start to play cash game we must prepare ourselves as if we were going to a war, not to a party with friends: at the poker tables, even the fishes want to cut our heads off, figuratively speaking, to take all of our bank and of our roll, and with it, the emotional control which allows you to have patience: "Omg, my pocket aces cracked again!"

I confess that particularly, I consider myself an ABC, mediocre player, almost always doing the same thing and the basic things, without anything creative, nothing of an artist you will find in my game. I rather play a mediocre game where I have full emotional control during the sessions, day by day, than simply try to be Isildur1, very creative, or more aggressive than I can deal with, or way too exploitative, my emotional control goes down and so does my winrate.

Before going to enter a table be aware who you are playing with: put into your own mind, speak to yourself these words, or any words that could make you feel focused only on the present, until these words are your second nature: "this is not going to be easy, but I have prepared myself. I studied, I know what to do".
"I know that players are going to pay me a lot at 2 NLHE, and I will lose for them no matter how good I play, this is not in question". "I will be over and over be beaten by 3 outs in the River, 2 outs in the river, even 1 out in the river, but I saw this situation before, and it will happen".
We are going to play calm, but no very calm otherwise we sleep. We gotta be attentive, because the more attentive player will make more profit than the default "regular" who is simply following schemes and poker formulas and not considering the human factor and the ranges factor and how do they react upon one another, and how does it reflects towards our gameplan. If you don't know what to do on some street think, do not bet because you don't know what to do because this is a very good way of burning chips.
The player who has more patience and it is more attentive will beat even some professionals, who are doing a very "technical game". Attention, self-control and self-balance, drink water, a lot of water, no problem because on the Zoom tables we can sitting out and go to the bathroom as much as we desire, eat good things, not only sugar and fat, eat fruits and vegetables, take a very huge deep breath before the session begins and during the session as well.
Do not play just for play like we do with video-games! Have a plan before sitting in the front of the computer of how many hands do you intend to play, how many tables, how are you going to select these tables, in the case of zoom, how much time do we really need to play per day, and it will depend on your objectives and profitability, but as always, keep cool, keep calm, always take a deep breath while playing and think about players and ranges, forget about the world, forget about the cell-phone, forget about yourself, come into the bubble and do your best game, no matter the results. Be prepared to leave your session early in the case many bad things happen in sequence!
We care a lot for tilt control because everyday we see players doing this, and we don't want to do it, we want to do that, which is to have full emotional control at the tables, to avoid

#Hands of the Day

March, 16th of 2020

1) What is happening with emotional control: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024wkAdwv

2) Again, SB seems to be overplaying TPTK in a situation where it could almost never to be ahead. Considering this is a massive deep stack pot, we gently assume that the main reason for the player to stack off such a huge pot, having only TPTK, on a very drawie-connected flop, where BB is representing a lot of strength, it is really complicated to talk about "this is right because it is the micros and players are this and that".
The lack of emotional control cause us to commit such mistakes and then we go wild trying to recover and we lose even more: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024wk6T3D
Do you believe that the BB played 100% okay this hand? It was an easy call on the river when SB shoves? Thank you CardsChat! :love:

Regards;

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are you overplaying at the lower limits? +600 blinds pot

Hello CardsChat, here comes another fantastic example of what we shouldn't be doing at any cash tables, at any limits, when we are with the "top" of our range: QQ+ and AKs.

#Hand of the Day

March, 18th of 2020

Let's imagine we are in a very happy day and we are deep stacked, from the BB, holding QQ.
UTG raises 3x, MP calls, everyone else folds and comes to us on the BB with QQ, lovely!
We do squeeze preflop, which is pretty normal and then UTG and MP calls (danger alert).
It comes a low connected flop 5h4d3c, and as long as our hand is very strong we go for a 2/3 c-bet, 3/4 c-bet, because "the micros are full of idiots, they pay anything", and it is pretty fair to charge from Ax, AK, AQ, AJ, and all the pocket pairs that aren't KK and AA, so we can picture on this flop that we are very well ahead, which allow us to throw so much blinds on the pot, so early on the flop.
What happens here is that UTG elects to JAM, and if it was not enough, the player on the MP, also deep stacked, COLD CALL FLOP JAM In Position!!!
Now, we have no ideia how much our QQ is ahead and almost anything we decide to do (call, fold or raise) we are just guessing over the top!
Players at the micros are weak, but many of them are not retardad! We see sometimes here in the Poker Journal some tilted players but it is not so often and it doesn't happen every single hand!
One of the biggest leaks of micro-stakes players is that they simply cannot fold the top of their ranges, under a miriad of excuses: "because it is only USD 2, because there are only donkeys at the micros, because I am never folding QQ+ at the micros, and goes on, etc".
Almost all the regulars use to overplay QQ, KK and AA, and some of them use to play AK and AQ as if they were the nuts itself, when completely miss flop/turn/river.
We don't need to be overplaying any hand, it doesn't matter if it is AA or a Full-House, we gotta be know who we are playing with, in order to take the best decision and be sure that amateurs, young regulars, and the great majority of the field of 2 NLHE, they are not enough creative to be aggressive bluffing, they are simply following Nathan's 'blackrain79' Williams' formula: if you have strong value hand, bet, bet bet. When you see a Passive player betting, simply muck the top of your range and accept you are behind!
But many players like me have a very titanic ego. We do not want to accept that a fish can hit a better hand than us, we want to believe we can outplay fishes on every single scenario and then we lose a lot of value for fishes, which contributes to accelerate tilting damages. Let's stop to put our egos on the tables and be reasonable!
This is correct for almost every scenario at the micros, however we gotta use our common sense: I am not blackrain79, a solid professional, and I believe that most of you are not blackrain79 too.
Let's stop looking for excuses to burn chips and try to play a more reasonable gaming.
What happened here is that BB, holding QQ elects to call 2 jams behinds. :eek::eek::eek: Insane?
OTT comes a 8 of diamonds and MP RE-SHOVES, RE-JAMS, again, how can we expect to be ahead from the BB with TT+ here? It doesn't happen at all, but BB thought its QQ was good enough and called deep stacked, let's appreciate the results of a 602 monster huge pot.
Congratulations to the MP player who find such a great spot for printing money versus sticky regulars with QQ, KK and AA. Sometimes fishes take their revenge, we gotta accept and live with it as soon as possible.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024wrSXBP

Regards;

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
March, 18th of 2020

Hey Carlos,
didn't read much of the first part of you're Journey, but lately I've been picking up on it. Really enjoying it I must say. Especially the peptalks before the handbeeakdowns are very inspiring.

I think a lot of newer players can learn a lot from this!

Big thanks to all the work you put into it!

Best regards Levy

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thank you very much!

Hey Carlos,
didn't read much of the first part of you're Journey, but lately I've been picking up on it. Really enjoying it I must say. Especially the peptalks before the handbeeakdowns are very inspiring.

I think a lot of newer players can learn a lot from this!

Big thanks to all the work you put into it!

Best regards Levy

Hey Levy, thank you very much for your kind words and thanks a lot CardsChat for making such a learning and social environment! I will keep posting here, I see that many people are looking into it.
I wished people were more involved with discussions here, but no problem, there are a lot of viewers and it really comes to my heart when you say that! :love:
CardsChat is an university of poker, and we always have a lot to learn and share here!

Regards;

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey mate, what a fantastic thread you have made here!

Unfortunately I feel grossly under-qualified to enter into discussions regarding cash game play, even 2nl! :laugh:

Thought it was a journal of your various poker experiences, rather than the broader investigation of micro cash that it actually is...

That being said, this thread has been beautifully crafted, is full of interesting ideas and very enjoyable to read.

Bravo! :congrats:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey mate, what a fantastic thread you have made here!

Unfortunately I feel grossly under-qualified to enter into discussions regarding cash game play, even 2nl! :laugh:

Thought it was a journal of your various poker experiences, rather than the broader investigation of micro cash that it actually is...

That being said, this thread has been beautifully crafted, is full of interesting ideas and very enjoyable to read.

Bravo! :congrats:

Thank you very much mate, welcome! Who knows someday you decide to be a cash player, huh? Very kind words, I love it! :love:
Thank you CardsChat!

Regards;

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thank you very much mate, welcome! Who knows someday you decide to be a cash player, huh? Very kind words, I love it! :love:
Thank you CardsChat!

Regards;

The few times I've attempted to play cash have only emphasised how desperately I need to learn cash basics and general strats before doing so again..! :laugh:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
UTG's opening range - 6-MAX

Hello there CardsChat community, let's talk a little more of why should you be playing the micros today.
UTG raises to 2x. In theory, as smaller the raise, bigger the range. So, when UTG goes for mini-raise it should have a wider range than normal.
MP 3-bets to 3.75 times mini-raise and BTN, BB and UTG calls.
Now here one of the points that causes a lot of discussion: MP raised too small or it should go for USD 0.18 (9 BB), instead of USD 0.15 (7.5 BB). Both sizings can be correct, because the same logic applies for MP, when it 3-bets small sizings, it also can have more hands on its range.
It comes a flop 4d2dAh and MP elects to c-bet 18.5 blinds (USD 0.37) for a pot of 30.5 blinds, a little more than 1/2 pot. However 1/2 pot is not so good here as it is on a single raised pot. 4 players paid the 3-bet and the sizing of the pot is getting out of control.
Let's see it:

A)Single raised/3bet pot size = 18/19 blinds on the flop
B) Raised and get 3 callers = 30/31 blinds on the flop

Considering that almost always we have 100 blinds ES, we are already commited on this flop, so one of the options here, since many players calls is either check-raising or jam the flop already.
When we bet 1/2 pot on a single raised pot (A), we invest only more 8, 9 blinds. When we bet 1/2 pot on a 4-handed pot (B), we invest more than 16 blinds, which is more than 1/3 of our entire stack, which explains the sole commitment.
It is not about playing GTO at the micros, far from it, it is about balancing our range and betting when it makes sense to bet. When 3 players calls our 3-bet we are just guessing that they have nothing and we are betting for value.
Okay, many times they will not have the best hands (they would be 4-betting), but even so invest such a huge ammount of blinds out of position seems a leak.
What are we charging so much versus whales, knowing that they barely fold SD and FD's, and once 1/3 of our stack or more is already invested on the flop, how do we intend to fold any turn/river with our value range (TPTK, Two Pair, Sets, Straights, Flushes, etc)?
We are going in no matter what, and so does the straight and flush chasers/bluffers (see Polished Poker Vol 1 for more details about playes types).
Let's try to understand what happened here and reflect a little if this is the best move possible (for the player sitting in the MP):

#Hand of the day

March, 20th of 2020

MP exploitatively bets versus known recreational on UTG. Ideas?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024wB25Na