Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
15 € Bankroll ---> 2500 € bankroll - An Aspiring Fish's Journal

So I actually began this journey last week, on February 8.
I'm a Danish student who turned 20 last week, and I have been playing poker on and off for two years now.
I'm always living on my last cents, so building a bankroll has been really difficult for me since I always end up withdrawing the money, because it basically allows me to survive a couple more days. But this means I never really allow myself to move up, which is sad since I have been doing quite well online. This time will be different, though. I have a job which means I have more means to survive. I also have to think about the future and put money aside for future housing. So while I want to give my bankroll room to grow steadily, I will also be withdrawing and saving some of the money I make.

I will be playing on Unibet which means that I won't be able to track or easily share hands with the forum. I will, however, share hands I feel can highlight some of my flaws. The reason I choose to play on unibet is due to the fact that I know people won't be using HUD's. I am in no way able to purchase HM2 or any of the essential Softwares that can give me an edge on other sides. I like the idea of everyone being on the same level in regards to solely being able to play with the information available to the eye.

I have never touched the surface of anything higher than 10 NL, and I haven't played long enough or with the means necessary to be able to call myself an intermediate, but I'd like to think of myself as a decent player, which my profit online also proves.

I will be strict in regards to my bankroll management, which means I will move up once I have enough for 25 buy-ins at a higher stake.

My BRM plan is as follows:
From 15 € to 250 €: Playing at NL4
From 250 € to 625 €: Playing at NL10
From 625 € to 1250 €: Playing at NL25
From 1250 € to 2500 €: Playing at NL50

Every month I will be withdrawing a third of my bankroll and put it in one of my savings. My goal of hitting 2500 € is a bit ambitious, but I figure I might as well set for something meaningful.

I started this challenge exactly one week ago, where I deposited 15 € onto Unibet and I currently have 155.82 € so I have been running really well thus far.

I have been playing a couple of hours every day, and I have also read a book. I will still be studying, and if anyone has any suggestions as to what i could read, please say so!

This is just as much a memoir for my own personal achievements as it is a journey for you folks to follow alongside me on.

Last edited:
B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gl gl, even though it seems it's skill all the way ;)

Oh probably only important thing I can advice you for future is that when taking shots to higher limits you need to have pre decided drop down roll limits. And you need to follow them :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you. I'm very systematic and no problems following through on personal principles such as a drop down limit. I will be taking a shot once I have enough for 25 Buy-ins, and i will drop down once i go under 20 Buy-ins. :D

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I said the same :( The feeling of knowing it was just bad luck and you have to play with so small money was too hard for me to handle, twice lol. Well I know u do better given your experience and how fast u win.

H

HeikoHeiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gl, im realy interesting how this works. A good beginning.

always a good idea is to read Dan Harrington: Cash Game Vol.I+II
AGAIN, AGAIn, AGAIn....... and again.

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha, I'm currently reading Vol 1.
I read it like half a year ago, but I never got to the end of it! :( :D

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished a session. Started at 155, and finished at 161.48 €.

I have one hand I'd like your thoughts on.

I don't have too much information on villain, semi tight not very aggressive.

Sub folds
dfx (4.42 €) raise 3bb
zilem folds
C4ll folds
Hero sb (4.95€) Js,9s: calls
Food (2.33€) BB: calls

Pot: 0.35€ **Flop** Qh, Ac, 8c
Hero checks
Food checks
dfx checks

**Turn** Qh, Ac, 8c, Ts
Hero bets 0.27 €
Food calls 0.27 €
dfx raise to 0.85 €
Hero folds
food folds

So obviously this was a very weak fold. I had straight, and the only thing beating me was a higher straight, but I am almost certain this is what he had, since i figure KJo is one of the few hands you wouldn't raise the flop with, but any top pair that might have turned into two pairs would have raised that flop. Thoughts? Other than that I regret not having called. It's definitely not a +ev play :D

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Like Unibet, Because Windraw Is Very Easy :D

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts? Fold pre and good luck on your challenge

T

TCashMoney19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished a session. Started at 155, and finished at 161.48 €.

I have one hand I'd like your thoughts on.

I don't have too much information on villain, semi tight not very aggressive.

Sub folds
dfx (4.42 €) raise 3bb
zilem folds
C4ll folds
Hero sb (4.95€) Js,9s: calls
Food (2.33€) BB: calls

Pot: 0.35€ **Flop** Qh, Ac, 8c
Hero checks
Food checks
dfx checks

**Turn** Qh, Ac, 8c, Ts
Hero bets 0.27 €
Food calls 0.27 €
dfx raise to 0.85 €
Hero folds
food folds

So obviously this was a very weak fold. I had straight, and the only thing beating me was a higher straight, but I am almost certain this is what he had, since i figure KJo is one of the few hands you wouldn't raise the flop with, but any top pair that might have turned into two pairs would have raised that flop. Thoughts? Other than that I regret not having called. It's definitely not a +ev play :D

lol can't go around folding the second nuts. It's a call down at least, but even that seems too nitty. You're playing low stakes, players will overvalue two pair or sets on this board all the time. You are literally at the top of your range here in the SB, you can't fold this profitably ever even if villain is a super nit.

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, I guess I just figured that he would have raised any pair on the flop since he was in position, but even then it was a losing move.

Just played an occasional tourney to keep myself sane, ended up in the money and I now have 167.65 €

phazeds

phazeds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems doable I wish u the best of luck =) keep us updated

C

Comesons

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow you shoulld have definately called that but if u kinda had a read on that player maybe. honestly this play only would be okay if your on the bubble and a player goes all in. even then. but keep up the good work

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL! I've seen a lot of people do these, but never follow through. Hopefully you will!

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol can't go around folding the second nuts. It's a call down at least, but even that seems too nitty. You're playing low stakes, players will overvalue two pair or sets on this board all the time. You are literally at the top of your range here in the SB, you can't fold this profitably ever even if villain is a super nit.

I might even have re-raised with this hand, i put villain on maybe just 2pair with AX/QT, etc, after he reraised you on the turn, maybe he was trying to get you and other villain off drawing to a straight cheap and if i have the str8 here i would just call turn and raise the river instead of raising here and losing any action, it's def a call but that's just my opinion, good luck on your quest.:)

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, the conclusion is you don't ever fold second nuts :D

I ended last night on some bad turns which saw me lose 4 buy-ins.
This morning, however, I landed on a goldmine and which I profited off.
I'm currently sitting on 167.19€!
I will also be going to a live tournament with a friend tonight with an entree fee of 30€. This will be taken directly from my wallet, and not my bankroll :D

B

Bedobash83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I actually began this journey last week, on February 8.
I'm a Danish student who turned 20 last week, and I have been playing poker on and off for two years now.
I'm always living on my last cents, so building a bankroll has been really difficult for me since I always end up withdrawing the money, because it basically allows me to survive a couple more days. But this means I never really allow myself to move up, which is sad since I have been doing quite well online. This time will be different, though. I have a job which means I have more means to survive. I also have to think about the future and put money aside for future housing. So while I want to give my bankroll room to grow steadily, I will also be withdrawing and saving some of the money I make.

I will be playing on Unibet which means that I won't be able to track or easily share hands with the forum. I will, however, share hands I feel can highlight some of my flaws. The reason I choose to play on Unibet is due to the fact that I know people won't be using HUD's. I am in no way able to purchase HM2 or any of the essential Softwares that can give me an edge on other sides. I like the idea of everyone being on the same level in regards to solely being able to play with the information available to the eye.

I have never touched the surface of anything higher than 10 NL, and I haven't played long enough or with the means necessary to be able to call myself an intermediate, but I'd like to think of myself as a decent player, which my profit online also proves.

I will be strict in regards to my bankroll management, which means I will move up once I have enough for 25 buy-ins at a higher stake.

My BRM plan is as follows:
From 15 € to 250 €: Playing at NL4
From 250 € to 625 €: Playing at NL10
From 625 € to 1250 €: Playing at NL25
From 1250 € to 2500 €: Playing at NL50

Every month I will be withdrawing a third of my bankroll and put it in one of my savings. My goal of hitting 2500 € is a bit ambitious, but I figure I might as well set for something meaningful.

I started this challenge exactly one week ago, where I deposited 15 € onto Unibet and I currently have 155.82 € so I have been running really well thus far.

I have been playing a couple of hours every day, and I have also read a book. I will still be studying, and if anyone has any suggestions as to what i could read, please say so!

This is just as much a memoir for my own personal achievements as it is a journey for you folks to follow alongside me on.

Very nice post...GL at the tables! :)

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played another session - Currently sitting on 173.81 €.
Was quite lucky as I hit my jacks set on the river when I had tried to bluff on the turn.
But luck is involved in this game, so i might as well enjoy it and keep it in mind next time i experience a bad beat

Satiivas

Satiivas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And you're currently playing only NL4? I'm also playing on Unibet, got my bankroll from 100 to 570 in about a month, then had a long long series of bad beats and ended up with 250 which I withdrew. Now I loaded up another 100, this time with a more conservative BRM. Good luck on your journey!! :)

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking forward to seeing you on the tables then :D

So when I decide to quit playing I usually play a lot looser due to the fact that I know these hands are my last, but other than that I felt like this hand went along nicely.

Noroma Qh, 8s Raise 0.12 €
Andy folds
Misterlupus calls 0.12€
Zilok folds
Ilgenio86 BB calls 0.08€

**Flop** 6s, 5h, 7s
Noroma bets 0.22€ into 0.37€ pot
Misterlupus calls
Ilgenio calls

**Turn** 6s, 5h, 7s, Jh
Noroma bets 0.85 € into 1.10 € pot
Mister folds
Ilgenio calls

**River** 6s, 5h, 7s, Jh, 3c'
Noroma raises 2.54 € and is all-in
Ilgenio folds

Noroma wins 2.64 €

Bankroll currently at 173.38 €

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am going to hang out with some friends.

I started the day on 149 € and i am currently on 175.72 € - So a lovely +26 € profit today! :)

H

HeikoHeiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, I'm currently reading Vol 1.
I read it like half a year ago, but I never got to the end of it! :( :D

Like me, i begin to read and let it go, begin, stop, begin, stop.....a.s.o.
But last week i read it complete.
It works, for me.

I choose my play a little bit and have more success.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very hard challenge but still think that is not impossible :) :) U need a lot of luck I quess but keep going ..:)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management