10 Proven Ways to get off TILT!!!
You've just lost a monster pot on the River... You had KQ-Diamonds, you get a K high flush by the turn, but what do you know on the river a 4th diamond is turned and your opponent hits the nut flush... Now your pissed b/c he called all bets to the river just to see if he would hit the flush. So what can you do to cool down before you blow your whole chip stack while on TILT...
10 ways to get OFF TILT!
- Take a Break!! - almost nothing can work better than a break.
- Smoke Em if you Got Em!! - although unhealthy, for those addicted it is said to relieve stress.
- Get a Drink!! - Any kind of drink will do but most prefer Alcohal.
- Get High!! - Whatever you choice maybe, taking a break for some is a great way to cool down. (This in no way displays the views of me or cardschat.com, drugs are not only dangerous, but also illegal and should be used at your own risk)
- Get a Bite to Eat!! - This could be a great, easy, and safe ways to get off tilt.
- If Possible, Switch tables!! - Lots of times a change of position and other players could easily help, but most tournaments this is not an option.
- Get a Quick Lay!! - Lets face it most casinos are a hotbed for Hookers and they seem to flock towards money. If your playing online go wake your girlfriend up, its a great way to blow off some steam. (This in no way displays the views of me or cardschat.com, soliciting of prostitutes is not only dangerous, but also illegal and should be used at your own risk)
- Get a Massage!! - Believe it or not some of the larger poker rooms offer Masseuse to its players, for a price of course. In a large long lasting tournament it becomes almost essential. If you cant afford one then you could always get your girlfriend or wife to do it.
- Take a Walk!! - Sometimes a quick 5 minute walk around the casino floor can help.
- Make a Phone Call!! - Something as simple as a phone call to a loved one or a friend could easily alleviate stress or at the very least give you the opportunity to vent to someone that actually cares... Be careful where you make your cell phone call at nowadays, most casinos have outlawed the use of cell phones at the tables.
If anyone has anymore proven ways to get OFF TILT feel free to add to my thread...