1/3 Facing a river bet with TPMK

skilletlicker

skilletlicker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero (300) in HJ raises to 15 with JdTd. Villain (~1000) calls in BB. Villain is middle aged, seems like a reg, and just busted out of a tournament. Has been playing a lot of hands.

Flop(31) 10 6 3 r
V x
H 25
V calls

Turn(81) 10 6 3 5 r
V 65
H calls

River(211) 10 6 3 5 2
V 150
H ?

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take it from a person who plays the 1/3 almost daily. You were 90-99% beat on the turn already. You should of folded on the turn.

1. What are you beating with TP shit kicker?

2. People (weaker players) have this foolish tendency to automatically put their opponent on some sort of flush draw / straight draw the Villain suddenly made on the Turn. (You assume he is trying to control the pot) (even then he has hell of a lot of equity)

3. The moment he bet 65 on turn he made it too the point he was going to play for stacks. It's either you strong enough to continue (in which case with TPMK you certainly are not.) Or you are going to pay him off.

4. The 1/3 is the type of game you wait for super strong hands IMO. Player's are rarely bluffing when you have already showed that much aggression, You raised PF, then you bet heavy on the flop, what else can you do?

5/ Only play here is a fold and wait for another spot. You are beat by Sets, 2P+, Even a SDFD has huge equity. TP better kicker.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with Aaron here.

What hands are you beating when Villain donks into you on the turn? Maybe A2/A4/87/98 but that's about all. I'd expect villain to c/r 99/88/77 on the flop. Villain is certainly saying with his turn & river leads that he isn't afraid of TP nor overpairs.

G

GeraldUnfak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit of background. Playing 1-3 at Hollywood, my stack is 350 always start at 100 bb Hero dealt 22 in BB limped 6 ways. Naturally I check. 2 very aggressive players to my right button and SB. Pot is 18 Flop comes 2s Jc 9c SB leads for 14, I call, Button calls, all others fold. Pot is 60 Turn is 6s SB leads for 25. I reraise to 75, button folds and SB calls. Pot is 210. At this point I put him on a pretty wide range from flush draws/straight draws and one and two pair hands. I can only make money if he has 2 pair. River is 3h. SB checks. I bet 100. SB calls. Given his range, is this too thin. Many people will tell you that 30-50 is good for value betting but live poker so few even count the pot. Any thoughts?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take it from a person who plays the 1/3 almost daily. You were 90-99% beat on the turn already. You should of folded on the turn.

1. What are you beating with TP shit kicker?

2. People (weaker players) have this foolish tendency to automatically put their opponent on some sort of flush draw / straight draw the Villain suddenly made on the Turn. (You assume he is trying to control the pot) (even then he has hell of a lot of equity)

3. The moment he bet 65 on turn he made it too the point he was going to play for stacks. It's either you strong enough to continue (in which case with TPMK you certainly are not.) Or you are going to pay him off.

4. The 1/3 is the type of game you wait for super strong hands IMO. Player's are rarely bluffing when you have already showed that much aggression, You raised PF, then you bet heavy on the flop, what else can you do?

5/ Only play here is a fold and wait for another spot. You are beat by Sets, 2P+, Even a SDFD has huge equity. TP better kicker.

I agree with you on all the points, personally would still call the turn bet cause some bluffs will shut down, while some pocket pairs will check the river trying to get to showdown.

I have a question tho, how do you feel about AT here? and how about JJ? How would you play those two?