1/2 to 2/5 Lessons

S

smallstakesdad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you made the jump from 1/2 NL to 2/5 NL live, what were some things you learned after going to a higher stakes game?

R

rensell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a bit hard to bluff your enemies since they have more money than you. when I'm playing at 1/2 I can easily make them fold after the flop but in the 2/5 they just keep calling.:confused:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone got egotistical and aggressive at the deepstacked 2/5 game. I remember a guy with like 3,500 BB shove with f*cking 99 and won. They were crazy with inappropriate aggression along with tilt. Everyone at the table want to gamble. It didn't make sense since the cash game poker table is not a gambling table.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you made the jump from 1/2 NL to 2/5 NL live, what were some things you learned after going to a higher stakes game?

Well first major difference is the stack depth is deeper. This allows for more "creative" plays. The level of play was higher many 100bb pots won with A high. It's also a bit more tight. I learned to be patient. When I first moved up I learned that my game needed some work. I was still playing strategies as I would at 300NL against a different player pool. Knowing your table and who you are playing against is the most important thing when you move up. You can play with whales who no less about poker than the guys at lower stakes and you can play with professional players. Most times a mix of both.