WTF is going on at MERGE?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very few rebuys/add-ons, even in the big games. Serious overlays of late in most games at merge.
And of the r/a games today, they all are 2R/1A or less.

I am worried :confused:

Last edited:
DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Keep playing as many as you can dj. IF this is due to major restructuring (hoping for your sake it is), you'll look back on these as glory days.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As is, these are the gory days...... badaboom.

Even the Carbon and BCP reps at 2=2 are quiet recently..:(

M

MiddlePair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I noticed this as well. I think the overlays in the big Sunday events ($11,$33,$60,$109,$215,$530) last week totaled close to, if not more than, 70k......which, over the course of just 6 events, is terrible. Hopefully they make a killing in the PMIII series.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would only be worried, if something happens to Cardschat's games.
Carbon's Rep just posted the other day on 2+2 DJ.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which is the root of your issue - you are stressed because you have a large deposit pending and are just looking for reasons to panic. :p

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which is the root of your issue - you are stressed because you have a large deposit pending and are just looking for reasons to panic. :p

I agree that plays into the formula, but I was bringing the overlay issue up before I won the big one.:cool::(

W

waz666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big overlays show a sign of weakness in the business model. In any other business if your selling something for a loss, you'd panic. If I were on Merge (which admittedly I'm not) I'd cash out whatever I didn't plan on playing in the next 1-2 weeks. Probably a good rule of thumb for all US poker rooms. Hopefully it's just an anomaly, but better safe than Full Tilted.

P

paymefoolsfool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
youve been merged

hope this is just a result of full tilt coming back and not that merge is going down

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know how FTP is going to effect Merge Network when the majority of U.S.A players are playing on merge and we can't play on FTP

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big overlays show a sign of weakness in the business model. In any other business if your selling something for a loss, you'd panic. If I were on Merge (which admittedly I'm not) I'd cash out whatever I didn't plan on playing in the next 1-2 weeks. Probably a good rule of thumb for all US poker rooms. Hopefully it's just an anomaly, but better safe than Full Tilted.

Not sure at all it is a weakness in the business model, but it is an error in the business execution. These games with late registration, and guarantees, used to be rebuys and add-ons, and they generally all covered the guarantees. Someone set these games up to fail, favoring the players. Hopefully this is not some new norm. Unfortunately, we players are not stupid and realize that if the biz fails, we lose many outs.

Cashouts via merge have been a royal PITA. This is largely due to UIGEA, but Merge could have done other things. The biggest effect FT would have on Merge is to entice players to move out of the US. If I could find a 3rd world , English speaking nation, with warm temps, and great internet, I would retire there in a heartbeat. ;)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it me or does BCP have better MTT's vs Carbon. Aka i see more turbos on carbon then BCP. Merge is making my head spin.

Bonghead

Bonghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I am getting my cash back.. unfortunately just have to go through the DOJ to get it.... wondering if they know how much I won their in total... wondering if I will get an audit or charges of tax evasion. :(

Bonghead

Bonghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Canada :p

Not sure at all it is a weakness in the business model, but it is an error in the business execution. These games with late registration, and guarantees, used to be rebuys and add-ons, and they generally all covered the guarantees. Someone set these games up to fail, favoring the players. Hopefully this is not some new norm. Unfortunately, we players are not stupid and realize that if the biz fails, we lose many outs.

Cashouts via merge have been a royal PITA. This is largely due to UIGEA, but Merge could have done other things. The biggest effect FT would have on Merge is to entice players to move out of the US. If I could find a 3rd world , English speaking nation, with warm temps, and great internet, I would retire there in a heartbeat. ;)

Hey canada has free health care :p..... So try there A.. It does get cold there though A. But free health care A.... Ya know A? Plus weed is like almost legal there A. :p

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I could find a 3rd world , English speaking nation, with warm temps, and great internet, I would retire there in a heartbeat.
Philippines

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
too many radical Muslims and earthquakes and mosquitoes
Nope, just stay away from Mindanao, stay in Luzon, at our near Manila...80% Catholic, almost no mosquitoes, even while visiting places with lots of standing water. The muslims that hang out around there are harmless.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just find a relaxed 1st world country?

Most all the '1st World' countries miss on the warm temp front. Internet in Philippines does not rate great, not even good. india had a lot of interesting offerings, but also rates low in the internet scale. However, I could probably live like a king in India, and they do speak English.

The other reasonable option looks to be Baja. While Spanish is the primary language, there are so many ex-pat retiree's down there that English would get the job done. Unfortunately, Mexican laws and regulations are a nightmare, apparently even for Mexican Lawyers....... :(