Are winning hands predetermined on poker sites?

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw someone on a page say that some poker sites are rigged and winning hands are planned in advance for specific players based on the type of tournaments and winnings and he insisted on pokerstars..what do you think?

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Conspiracy theories, imagine the following, if you win, it your strategy, but if you lost, then you think the site has bugs, I believe it's all bad theories, I know there are many bugs, but to believe that the villain can know from beforehand which will be the winning hand, for me this is believing in miracles.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most will laugh at others claiming rig but the truth is that there is no way to tell for 100% certainty. What ever the case we are all in the same boat.

Good luck at the tables !

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, poker may drive you crazy, with more than 2.5 million possible hands, our small brain cannot believe that this crazy guy won again with no knowledge of poker, playing even 43o...lol:help::cool:

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean , Anything is possible when it comes to Online play. Not a single site can 100% guarantee anything when it comes to Potential rigging. I'd like to believe there isn't such a scheme but again , anything is possible

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems implausible for me for any big site to implement rigging with any chance of success.

Firstly, I can't imagine there's any big benefit to a site throwing a game for one player versus another. How is the site extracting value of this rigging?

Second, people like to talk. If you were an employee of a site and worked on setting up the rigging, wouldn't you have the urge to spill the beans? It doesn't seem possible the secret would be confined to a single person or even a single team. In that situation, as the employee, I'd be tempted to gather evidence and go to the media and/or regulator. Maybe I could use the publicity from calling out the cheating to get a bigger, better job.

Third, credible proof of cheating would put a site out of business. To me, I just don't see the risk / reward calculus swinging in favor of cheating for a decent sized site that is profitable. Maybe (& only maybe) for a struggling site that is seeing bankruptcy as a realistic option. But even in that case, who wants to be associated with such allegations if they came out?

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all get bad beats. It's just dumb luck. These sites are monitored regularly to make sure they are on the up and up. It does suck though when some of these donkeys get lucky multiple times against you!! LOL

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Conspiracy theories, imagine the following, if you win, it your strategy, but if you lost, then you think the site has bugs, I believe it's all bad theories, I know there are many bugs, but to believe that the villain can know from beforehand which will be the winning hand, for me this is believing in miracles.

you do not have a concrete argument to confirm that the game is clean and there is no traffic everywhere in the world there is traffic so why not poker? especially with the huge numbers that exist you must always be suspicious and ask yourself the questions to reach the truth

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
To say the site is doing it is a bit too much I think.

A lot of crazy stuff happens, but if you play live games this happens there too and its all in the open.

So good luck at the tables.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all get bad beats. It's just dumb luck. These sites are monitored regularly to make sure they are on the up and up. It does suck though when some of these donkeys get lucky multiple times against you!! LOL

it is clear that there is luck in poker and you can lose against a donkey but the hands distributed in some tournaments is so blatant especially that it is very frequent and repetitive in any case if there is someone here who has made a good amount of money through poker, that it manifests itself! loooool
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
falsification

It seems to me that all this is complete nonsense. I don’t even want to write and waste time. This is all discussed by those who believe that the random number generator is twisted, everything is falsified and there is only one hoax around. Fortunately, there are very few of them and all normal people do not take this information seriously.:secruity::secruity::secruity:

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sites will not do this. If such a fact is revealed, the site may lose its image. Especially large sites. After all, there are poker stars only on them.

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Truth is no one knows. I play a good bit live. I do ok live.

Online is a different beast. I see so much more action online and it's not because I see more hands. This is a observation but enough for me to be skeptical. Until I cross that path this is how I feel.

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's widely known that such pre-determined "setup hands" exist on the F2P poker sites like Zynga.

It's purely for entertainment with play money, so I don't see the issue there.

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually the one streaming for the site will win.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I so think that poker hands are predetermined in advance program, and program knows in advance who from players should lose and fly, and who to collect laurels

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it's ridged when I lose . On the other hand when I win it plays out how it's supposed to...lol.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, first of all, poker is rigged online AND live...

Ok, now that you've panicked, here's the truth: what I've just said is a possibility.. a dealer can rig a game, a group of persons can rig a game, computers are doing what we (human) tell them to do, so yes they can rig a game, better then human do. But they don't.. they can't.. no, sorry.. many can't.

You're friend is sort of right.. before the hand starts, a poker site can predict which player in which seat will win the hand, maybe also the tourney, by simply knowing which of the seat will have the strongest hand at showdown and add players stats and calculations. That's as far as they can go.

PS is more targetted by this « accusation » because of the variances of the game compared to some other sites. More player, more hands played, many more players, many more and more hands played.. But a site like PS is regulated and checked.. Someone said to me once: « If you think you've saw weird things happening in some of your games, there're people seeing all of them, on a longer period, studying the shuffling and all that technical stuff ». That said, not all the sites are regulated, but a big names like PS is.

Now will you be in the right seat, doing the right moves at the right time to make a double kick-out, UTG+1 with A6 off when SB shoved all-in and got snap called by UTG, like the computer predicted at the beginning of the hand/game? Maybe your good player skills will make you fold that A6 preflop because UTG is tilting to death and shoved with 7-2 off first to act.. maybe you will shove and be in HU with SB.. but the computer designed you as the winner of the hand once he got the deck from the shuffler, the result at showdown is: you hit a full house on the turn.. TADAAAAM!

Computer can predict, but they know things the way we know things: when they happen!

-TRP-

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are operators of bots - poker room workers who collect cash or zoom, money from ordinary people, for the profit of their organization. There are Promoters, people to advertise the Poker Room and this organization, they are more entertainers than professional players, promoters that Negreanu Moneymaker and others from their coalition. There is a middle class they are called "Defenders" are those who win something and protect the poker room. And WE are plain human players are pure profit for your organization.

4 types of players that is a subclass
1.Operators
2.Promoters
3.Defenders
4.Players

And yet you can play and win, I play and I win

Last edited:
Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes

Phil Hellmuth Quote: "
If luck weren't involved, I'd win every tournament!"

It always comes down to choice and You Pick Your Spots...

When I Think about Luck, for some reason my mind keeps going back to Literature and Documentaries based on Quantum Mechanics and a UK Lottery Quote "You've Got to Be In It To Win It", Just By Participating in that hand you've ultimately affected it's out come whether you Win or Lose doesn't matter...

The Choices You Have depend on the cards you've been dealt and the Balls you have to play them...

Yes Every Thing including the Random Number Generator (RNG) Has Been Predetermined Except for the decisions you make... I mean Not Even You Know What You're Going to Do Before You're Given the Choice but How Many Times Have you Had KK and come up against AA or had AA and opponent has hit their two pair off suited 23 lol but choosing to throw KK or AA preflop is a ridiculous ask...

Knowing This Doesn't Help in the Slightest and I Have the Concept of "Wave Form Collapse" Flash Through My Head Again... lol :joyman: :bird:
:pcguru:

Any One Heard Of "Pilot Wave Theory" where every Path Way Is Already Predetermined? Not Sure How Relevant It Is To This Situation But for some reason I cant shake this concept off whenever I Think about "What Am I Going to Do With These Two Cards I've Been Dealt"

Stop When The Fun Stops Or When Reality Collapses around You!!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands