winning cards in the worst positions

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not sure of the question? Someone is playing crap outta postion?

yasz69

yasz69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
FOR EXAMPLE.. under the gun with Td9d... the game is agressive and you decide to fold... boom winning cards!!

you play all night trying to play good cards in position and nothing go trough...

any strategy?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing tight. I understand the frustration. Sometimes I’m in small blind and there’s a raise and a few calls so I fold for example my 82o. Then the flop comes 822.

The problem is that you only remember the times this happens and not the other 20 times you completely miss the flop. If you start playing those hand hoping for a miracle flop, that’s a sure recipe to lose in the long run.

Hang in there.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing tight. I understand the frustration. Sometimes I’m in small blind and there’s a raise and a few calls so I fold for example my 82o. Then the flop comes 822.

The problem is that you only remember the times this happens and not the other 20 times you completely miss the flop. If you start playing those hand hoping for a miracle flop, that’s a sure recipe to lose in the long run.

Hang in there.

For sure, i think that its one of the things you have to learn to account for and deal with. Folding winners sucks (we all know) but having a balanced strategy will end up proving its merits.

yasz69

yasz69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i just got suck out in the bubble for the final table, 7 hours playing.. it is really suck!! 5d3d under the gun would it put me in the final table. :/

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't regret in such situations, play with good cards and result will be much better on distance;)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play with the best and at a distance you will be the best.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's poker it happens to all of us. Folding these hands is where the patience comes in. Don't let it tilt you.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many times I fold the winning straight because of all the betting only to watch others shoving and calling with sets and aces and I would beat them both. But that exactly why the bet big preflop, for hands like 53suited to be -ev to call so they will fold. If it was cheap to always play crap hands you would be amazed at what crazy two pairs, trips, straights and full houses you could get. But poker is all about choosing the long term +ev situation. You can play 72o, flop two pair and stack off somebody with aces. But it wont be a good strategy to start playing 72. So never beat yourself for folding a crappy hand that would get lucky 1/10 times if you call. Dont be results oriented in poker.

yasz69

yasz69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best called so far

I am in the final round TRIP TO LAS VEGAS, who is with me?

Hang in there.

So many times I fold the winning straight because of all the betting only to watch others shoving and calling with sets and aces and I would beat them both. But that exactly why the bet big preflop, for hands like 53suited to be -ev to call so they will fold. If it was cheap to always play crap hands you would be amazed at what crazy two pairs, trips, straights and full houses you could get. But poker is all about choosing the long term +ev situation. You can play 72o, flop two pair and stack off somebody with aces. But it wont be a good strategy to start playing 72. So never beat yourself for folding a crappy hand that would get lucky 1/10 times if you call. Dont be results oriented in poker.