Why no HH for ACR?

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just downloaded ACR a few days ago. I play on my mac air book. The hand history button is grayed out for me. Do they not offer it? I have been away from poker for a while, but I remembered on FullTilt, you could see what your opponent had if it went to show down even if they mucked. Just wanted to see the same thing I guess.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR doesn't show mucked hands unfortunately, you'll only see their hand when it goes to showdown.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yup, it sucks and people have been complaining about it for years, but acr claims it would have to rework it's entire software platform to enable mucked cards to be seen, which sounds like BS to me but who knows.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its broke and people still play where is the incentive to fix it?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will take a few lines of code written and altered and a review of the code to make sure it is not exploitable logically. I suspect it is just BS the pros/grinders know how important it is to see someones cards and ACR wants this clientele over BOL.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup, it sucks and people have been complaining about it for years, but acr claims it would have to rework it's entire software platform to enable mucked cards to be seen, which sounds like BS to me but who knows.

Mmm... most sites just don't allow this period. It sounds like it's an intentional choice made by them more than something that is broke.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well maybe I wasn’t clear in my OP. I can’t even see a past hand that goes to showdown. No hh at all. Am I the only one?

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand history is on the upper right corner on ACR. I ve seen that on a Mac you can also hit Cmd + I to view HH.

Last edited:
J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR doesn't show mucked hands unfortunately, you'll only see their hand when it goes to showdown.

I wondered why they didn't show mucked hands. Thanks for the info!

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, did you ever enable the hand histories to be saved? when i first started at ACR, I had noticed that the hand histories weren't appearing. after going into options , located bottom of history window, noticed the save histories check box, in the upper left I believe, was unchecked. So if your not getting any hand history, that be the case. also might want to change the number of days the files are held before they are replaced by newer ones.

As far as the mucked hands, sites do this in order to prevent players from using the info to figure out their shuffle program. It also prevents players from being able to determine how you would play certain specific hands, and thus develop a specific counter strategy to those plays.

Last edited:
ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, did you ever enable the hand histories to be saved? when i first started at ACR, I had noticed that the hand histories weren't appearing. after going into options , located bottom of history window, noticed the save histories check box, in the upper left I believe, was unchecked. So if your not getting any hand history, that be the case. also might want to change the number of days the files are held before they are replaced by newer ones.

As far as the mucked hands, sites do this in order to prevent players from using the info to figure out their shuffle program. It also prevents players from being able to determine how you would play certain specific hands, and thus develop a specific counter strategy to those plays.

from what I have been told you have to save it every 24 hours.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from what I have been told you have to save it every 24 hours.

No, you can change how long the histories are saved. maximum is 30 days before they are replaced, oldest to newest. i usually clear mine personally once a week, and store the raw text files on usb. :deal: