re: Poker & Who plays at Foxwoods?
Originally Posted by Karozi615
I'll be 21 in a week, which means I can finally grind at Foxwoods. I do have a few questions for anyone who plays there regularly.
1. Minimum/Maximum buy in for the 1/2 NLHE game
2. Minimum/Maximum buy in for the 2/5 NLHE game
3. When I go there, do I need to get a players card and leave it on the table to accumulate points or something? I know they have a weird rewards program and I definitely want to get in on it, even if its only a few bucks.
4. Best/cheapest place to stay?
5. Best time of the week for fishy traffic?
6. Oh yeah, and how is the golf?
I just want to know what to expect
Well, here was me seeing someone from Mass and thinking we could hitch a ride together. You're literally on the complete opposite trajectory from where I'd be coming from. (Berkshires)
1. I actually think the min buy-in for 1/2 NL is $40. Pretty sure I saw someone plunk that down. $300 max.
2. Don't know what the min is for 2/5, $500 max. The Limit games are based on traffic/interest. I played a 3/6 Limit when I was there the last time...it was tough to take it seriously. Since no one else was.
3. Register for a player's card at a station, and make sure they have the right address.
If what is on your license is wrong, make sure and correct them. They send out point promotions and discounts on stays that way. Within a month you'll receive a flyer with those promos, which vary in awesomeness. One solid weekend at the tables (20 hours) plus 20 minutes at the slots gave me two free nights a month, Mon-Thurs, at any of their hotels. My SO, who didn't register until halfway through, got discounted stays ($49-$119) but no free nights. Promos range by season. As always, YMMV.
4. Two Trees Inn is the cheapest, it's off property, it's the easiest one to get comps for, and the one that sells out the fastest. Going from there is the Grand Cedar Hotel, Fox Tower, and the Grand Pequot Tower coming in as the nicest/most expensive. You will want to book a room at least a week in advance, two weeks for the summer.
5. Late night/early morning weekends. It's INSANE. That 3/6 game I was talking about? Ppffbbtt.
6. Can't help you there, my SO has wanted to golf there, but we haven't gotten around to it yet. Perhaps soon I can report back.
Have you made it out there yet?