Who is the DEALER??

M

MrGhettoNerd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Two part question: I was wondering about the dealers on these poker sites. Are they actually human or CPU?? And do the cards, get audit during each dealt hand..

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One part question: Are you cereal?

M

MrGhettoNerd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One part question: Are you cereal?

One part answer for you... How stupid are you, to answer a question with a question.. Don't come on my thread like I answer to you or questioning my question. Any smart person knows, the stupidest question in the world is the one you don't ask. Sorry my question wasn't, a par five eagle to your sight..
GL and have a great day..

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most poker sites assign dealers to their users, so every time you log on you probably have the same dealer. try talking to them and get to know their name. It can't hurt. I remember swearing at a dealer one time and for the next week I got dealt crap hands.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One part answer for you... How stupid are you, to answer a question with a question.. Don't come on my thread like I answer to you or questioning my question. Any smart person knows, the stupidest question in the world is the one you don't ask. Sorry my question wasn't, a par five eagle to your sight..
GL and have a great day..

I don't believe I'm that stupid.....however yes I answered your question with a question but that doesn't mean I said your question was stupid. I simply posed a question to determine if you were joking or not especially on the first question.

Do you honestly think that pokerstars has thousands of dealers employed to operate the tables that are run on the site all day long, and that anything besides a program could be as quick to deal? That was your first question wondering if it was a real person doing the dealing, I would think it's obvious to anyone and everyone that the deal is based on an RNG which is managed via a computer program (stars uses a hardware TRNG)....which brings up the 2nd question.

Your second question re the audit is something that people tend to gear towards when they are feeling like the site might be rigged against them, Pokerstars I do believe are auditing by a 3rd party company at least annually to ensure all is up and up.............as well as when it comes to the deal poker players themselves can audit their own databases of hands played to see that the deal is fair.

Trust me, I am cereal.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most poker sites assign dealers to their users, so every time you log on you probably have the same dealer. try talking to them and get to know their name. It can't hurt. I remember swearing at a dealer one time and for the next week I got dealt crap hands.

:D, lmao........them bstrds are out to get us I swear...I don't even swear at them (at least not while at the table) and they still seem to screw me over like ALL OF THE TIME (because the times they don't i don't care to recall) :D

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's nice to see the new guys post worthy-for-forum threads with intelligent questions

LgBassMan

LgBassMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL

I think I just had a small vein pop out of my forehead from laughter.

+10000 to Bluff and Lab

M

MrGhettoNerd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:D, lmao........them bstrds are out to get us I swear...I don't even swear at them (at least not while at the table) and they still seem to screw me over like ALL OF THE TIME (because the times they don't i don't care to recall) :D

Thanks for answer the question for me, and I may have took your wording out of context. I didn't know you were joking thinking I was too. Upon reading your post, I thought you were trying to make me sound dumb, stupid, or the butt end of a joke. So hope no hard feeling.. And i hope to be hearing more answers to my question from you.
May The Texas Hold'em God Be With You...:D

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe you are that stupid Dave <3 JK or am I? 0.o

Since I just bubbled in a spot where I

A.) Played the hand badly

B.) was GTD ITM if I wasn't so dumb

These sites better hope they don't use dealers cause I'm coming after them with a dull spoon..

Like Dave said it's a program ran on multiple servers with back up servers to cover the back up servers.

It's all on the up an up and 0% chance of it being rigged with the exception of Lock Poker you just never know with Lock.. I'm starting to think that there programmers, financial advisors, and CEO are actually half monkey half baboon with a smudge of imbecile...

In fact Lock I will risk my financial future and take over Lock Poker and all her debt and I guarantee you I could do a better job and I'm 80% idiot with 18% naïve with 2% unknown ...

Now I'm off to eat some cereal

Edit: We here at Cardschat like to be smartasses from time to time and needle each other here and there but it is all in good fun, (Usually) So everyonce in awhile you'll come across a post where it's like "WOW.. did he just say that to me?!??" Try not to take it to seriously, and if you feel like it is too much (which it shouldn't) but we are only human and get tempered (especially after a bad beat) just tattle on them to LarkMarlow. It's what I do... except last night she was the one being mean to me and that's when I go to JuiceeQ to tattle on Lark..

JuiceeQ is the sweetest person ever so if she is being mean to you then you're not aloud to tattle cause chances are you have done something wrong (except for 1 week of the month) but again we are all human..

Except Dmo, I'm pretty sure he is a computer

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for answer the question for me, and I may have took your wording out of context. I didn't know you were joking thinking I was too. Upon reading your post, I thought you were trying to make me sound dumb, stupid, or the butt end of a joke. So hope no hard feeling.. And i hope to be hearing more answers to my question from you.
May The Texas Hold'em God Be With You...:D

He has been playing PLO lately so may not help him much and since I will be playing HU against him later today I shall be coming after you if the Holdem Gods are with him

M

MrGhettoNerd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He has been playing PLO lately so may not help him much and since I will be playing HU against him later today I shall be coming after you if the Holdem Gods are with him

Make sure i pack my spoons today.. lol

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Make sure i pack my spoons today.. lol

That would be wise.. but if I have to use a fork to eat my cereal you are also going to be in troublez..! The poker gods can be with him on Thursday nights from 7PM-10PM. That's his league night and since he is my captain (I was the very last pick so he had to pick me) I need him doing well.

M

MrGhettoNerd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be wise.. but if I have to use a fork to eat my cereal you are also going to be in troublez..! The poker gods can be with him on Thursday nights from 7PM-10PM. That's his league night and since he is my captain (I was the very last pick so he had to pick me) I need him doing well.

That's where i remember you from.. Round 7, Pick #234

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am the dealer. At every table. On every site.

Except I don't deal. I pick which cards go where, and I love to make you suffer.

I am the dealer.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two part question: I was wondering about the dealers on these poker sites. Are they actually human or CPU?? And do the cards, get audit during each dealt hand..
dealer is computer -- more specific is server.
the program is audit. probably after millions of hands.:)

N

nykaktak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes isn't present, certainly it everything the computer, the casual generator of numbers, not differently

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always thought that pokerrooms employ humans to handing cards... Thank cc i will knew now ;)

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always thought the dealer was some guy like the Count on sesame street,one ace for you hahaha.....scorp

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe the dealer is a sophisticated piece of software that is run by a super computer through a dedicated server.That is why they can manage thousands of hands in an instances.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Dmorris could give a good explanation of how the online deals works technically, and how they differ between sites, if he has the gumption - and sees this thread.

There are independent sites that try to monitor the statistics of the online deals, as well as in house.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is how they do it, behind the scenes, they have lots of these machines.

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Out of ignorance just came a bright idea. Why DON'T online poker sites offer such a thing? For certain games, cards are dealt by physical dealers who you can see in a video. So you can zoom into a video of the dealer and the cards he dealth but the cards you get at your table would be digital representations fo the cards actually dealt.

Such an offering may make sense for higher limit games, especially nosebleeds.

Or, just charge a higher rake and offer this "real dealer" capability at many different buy-in levels....just be sure to include the dealer salary in the rake.

Or, if hiring a dealer is too much. Maybe they could actually create a machine that would automatically deal cards.....so it would be like a random generator that actually creates randomness from the shuffling of phsyical objects (could be cards or not.....whatever would be more practical).

I think it is a brilliant idea actually. I'd try out a table like that if it was offered....