Whick Online poker site for US player for sit n go?

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a recreational/beginner player. I would like to join an online poker site allowing US players. My preference is sit n go and may be some cash once in while.

I have been playing freerolls at ACR. Most of online reviews suggest Bovado/ignition and betonline.

What would you suggest based on your experience?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am a recreational/beginner player. I would like to join an online poker site allowing US players. My preference is sit n go and may be some cash once in while.

I have been playing freerolls at ACR. Most of online reviews suggest Bovado/ignition and betonline.

What would you suggest based on your experience?

In my opinion I would suggest Ignition as an online option. If you haven't heard of them they are completely anonymous meaning when you enter a table you have a number instead of a screen-name. America's Card Room is another option that offers the sng player a variety of games. intertops is a card-room that offers players a small traffic tourney schedule and smaller sng traffic. All of them have ring-game traffic. See you at either site. :elefant:

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like ACR/BCP personally. They have a good all around experience, in my opinion. And they offer games on demand.

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing freerolls at ACR. I find software to be buggy. I am on Mac by the way. Connection issues, registration issues, randomly make me sit out . Definitely not a good experience. Is ACR software better on Windows?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am playing freerolls at ACR. I find software to be buggy. I am on Mac by the way. Connection issues, registration issues, randomly make me sit out . Definitely not a good experience. Is ACR software better on Windows?
There is quite a bit of weird stuff that happens on ACR, but it usually comes in huge waves related to DDOS attacks. It is generally quite stable for PC.

I love Sit 'n Go's, but it's hard to find a 27 runner tourney that doesn't have an odd twist. On ACR/BCP (WPN network) they only have "On Demand" tourneys in this category, and for me, a SnG shouldn't have late reg, and I don't like "turbo".

BetOnline and SportsBetting (Chico network) had a promo last Xmas that required you to play in cash and SnG's (it varied day to day) in order to win entries to fairly big FreeRoll's (around $500-1000, IIRC). I would explore this option if I were looking for US friendly SnG's. During the promo, you might get an inaccurate sense of the usual playing field in terms of number and quality of players, but at least you can check out the software. And the software is very smooth, except that it kills the sound on any poker site that I have running at the same time. There are horror stories about withdrawal from BOL and SB, but they usually are FR winnings issues.

Last edited:
mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my opinion I would suggest Ignition as an online option. If you haven't heard of them they are completely anonymous meaning when you enter a table you have a number instead of a screen-name. America's Card Room is another option that offers the sng player a variety of games. Intertops is a card-room that offers players a small traffic tourney schedule and smaller sng traffic. All of them have ring-game traffic. See you at either site. :elefant:
I don't play much on IT, but I I have read countless posts about them. I believe this is the first recommendation that I have read - is this a recommendation? Traffic is close to non-existent and cashout (possibly just FR cashout) could be the basis for a "Horror Story" subforum here. One thing to remember - never accept a bonus offer from IT. It appears to just be a way for them to get you to deposit and hold your money hostage so that they can make more money from you using impossible "play through" requirements. And when I say "impossible", it is not literally true, but it may as well be.

710suited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not wsop.com if you are in NV or NJ. Barely any players.

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My options are ACR(already have an account without any deposits), Bovado, Ignition and BOL.