What are the odds?

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been getting pocket pairs a lot recently, not that it is a bad thing but getting them right after another, I was dealt AA right after another a couple times before. Today out of 5 hands I was dealt KK, QQ, JJ, J2 and then JJ again. I know we play online and it is programmed but really, what are the odds of this really happening?:confused: I think it is crazy and it makes me not want to put my money on no more :hmmmm2:

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

the odds of that happening is about thirteen to the fifth power. There is a one in thirteen factor figured in with the jack two. I agree I get a lot of pocket pairs too. Its really hard to calculate the percentages of hitting trips with stuff like that. The other claim we win to much with the proper odds. So they need to block our thinking to give the others a chance. Its kind of like poker sports with no set all star.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it can happen. It's rare. but yeah. Live I've been dealt AA 3 hands in a row once before. I ran through a calc..... about 10x less likely than a RF.
I also, live, lost with AA, 9 times in a row. lol. They were not consecutive hands of course. Strangeness lies on both ends of the variance bell curve. No doubt. And I have much much more experience live than online. And I had many of the same concerns. I still can't say for sure it's all on the up-n-up. But I'm fairly confident, at least on most of the bigger sites, it is. And the really cool part.... With the FRC, you can build a roll on a lot of the sites without a deposit and see for yourself.
I will also add, and I hope i'm proved wrong, but intertops.... lol. Good luck. They are fun to play FRC games on. And the points earned there count. I'm not sure what the dollars earned there are good for though. ha.

I

IAMMEUR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 out of 5 times or 80%.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator