What do you think of the Pppoker room

Z

zatrapa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm about to start playing in the pppoker room and wanted to know if someone has already played regularly to get their opinion.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm about to start playing in the pppoker room and wanted to know if someone has already played regularly to get their opinion.

Don't waste your time, ppp is garbage. You used to be able to win gift cards there, but they got rid of it. Once I got a laptop and rediscovered ACR, I donked off all of my money on ppp. I wish you had been there before, I would've thrown some your way. I joined fake tourneys and rebought a bunch of times in order to lose all my chips quickly. Everyone was bugging out at it.
But if you actually want to play real poker, go elsewhere.

A

alaghon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My Experience with PPPoker

Just sharing my experience with PPPoker in case it helps anyone.

The system isn't really an online poker site in the "traditional" sense of the word. It does have an online free/play site that operates like many others - log in and play for free, get free coins every day, pay for special upgrades, etc. but the other side of the system is completely different. You can play for money but the site/PPPoker does not regulate that or do anything other than provide a platform for private Clubs to be created. The PPPoker software owners don't do any table management, banking, etc. They just offer a platform for the private clubs to operate on. They DO sell "diamonds" to Clubs and diamonds convert into player chips that the Clubs can distribute to their members to play with. Every time a Club distributes player chips to it's members, there is a 5% "surcharge" on those chips, so the Club will have to buy more diamonds to replenish their chips....but again, the folks at PPPoker are not responsible for managing the players money and are not endorsing any illegal gambling activity.

Clubs can also pay for upgrades to join Unions, which basically means that members of Clubs that are in Unions can play in other clubs. There are agents and websites out there that will direct you to Clubs. I'm sure they charge a fee. I have not really gotten into that part for our Club and don't really plan to - we will stay a small private group. I am just now requesting to join the first Club with people in it that I don't know but that won't involve the other players in my group, as each club is completely independant and I'm using my personal account to join. We'll see how that turns out.

My personal interaction with the system evolved because of COVID. I have had a monthly home tournament running for about 8 years. Just a $20 tournament with friends - usually one table, sometimes two. Mostly social, but really fun for all who players. When Covid hit, that went out the window, so I started looking to see if there were any online alternatives that would allow a private group of friends to play. If you don't know, there are not many.

I came across PPPoker and, though they don't give you a whole lot of guidance on how to run a club, the general description sounded like it fit the bill. Turns out that it does, very nicely. You can create a private club with up to 30 members and it is basically free. I've been playing weekly with our group (since COVID keeps us indoors, we decided weekly is better than monthly) with the PPPoker App up and a Zoom meeting up at the same time and we all love it. They players send me their buy-ins through Pay-Pal, Venmo or Zelle and I send their payouts the same way.

So far I have not had to spend a dime on the Players Chips, but I will have to eventually. Remember, we are playing a $20 buy-in tournament and, when we do play cash, its for $0.10/$0.20 blinds, so we are not going through those chips very fast. You get a pretty good amount of chips when you open your club and don't have to buy any more until they run out. You also get to set the rake structure of your Club's game and mine is set to the very lowest rake (though I'm sure the for-profit clubs are set higher) because I'm not using the site to make money, just for a social game with a local group of guys.

They do have a FAQ and some information on their site for learning how to play, but you will most likely have a little trial and error to figure out how to use the system. It took me and my group a few sessions to really understand all the controls and options. They did do a pretty good job in my opinion of making a comprehensive system that lets you play and organize cash games and tournaments in Holdem, PLO (Hi or Hi/Lo) and open face Chinese Poker. There are some things I'd like the system to do, but generally speaking, I've been very happy with it.

Good luck to all!

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play with a few friends on pppoker, and also on "realcards poker" , I must say that pppoker keeps disconnecting/latency issues, so not impressed at all, maybe it has too much graphics ? , realcards poker though has been fine, not once diconnected, play fine for hours :)
as above notes, these are for private clubs mostly, so pay and receive with friends or facebook groups

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me pppoker is a good room to make homegames and share a time with any group or page, but I don't take it so serious.

Is very easy to make a poker room in pppoker, by this way will be a lot of profiteers trying to earn easy money, they will make good promotions and bonus, and offer incridible table games, but with no regulations they can kick out you from their room and get your money.

I was expelled from a room once, without motive, only because I had not loged for 3 days, I had not make a deposit.

You need to analyze with very atention what room are you tryng to join, don't make deposit without know another players that play and have made successful withdraw. All the Information from the responsible need to be ok, any doub or
lack of information about those responsible may indicate a problem or fraud, the best in theses cases is to avoid theses rooms.

If you are thinking in play homegames, you need to consider the option of play in the pokerstars or in the partypoker, perhaps it is the most suitable for your case.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

it is a nice room, it has good representation in tournaments and promotions, it is worth playing and meeting lots of nice people.

:D