What do you know about bots?

gyciakasesu

gyciakasesu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you know about bots?They are in the game? is it true when we play to real money or bots win?

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think there out there. I don't know if they win all the time or not.

651crusher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's bots on every site now especially us facing sites the Americans are getting shanked by shanky and its u Russians doing it - trump will declare war on u country if u don't stop it

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing poker, I also thought about bots that they were overacting me. But now, when I study poker lessons, I watch a training video, I try to work on myself, I do not believe in bots. Everything depends on ourselves, on our game. We need to constantly change the strategy and do not stop at the same type of game.

Last edited:
andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think online poker bots are a huge problem yet. It's fairly easy to detect them and pokerstars is quite diligent in that regard. They will throw up captcha's if their system flags someone as potentially being a bot.

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are not bots. Some players think of them, who do not want to admit their mistakes and improve their game.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there are bots either. If you want to worry about something, collusion is a more likely problem.

A

alakid77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe bol poker has bots. If I really think someone is, I start chatting with them. And noticed if I keep on I get moved to another table

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, there are bots. And they make the right decisions in the game, based on mathematics, do not get tired and do not tilt. But I also know that the rooms are fighting with them.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that there are bots , as played storm and the player who took the 1st place , registered on the same day, and statistics on it, there is absolutely ..... how to understand this ? who is he ? of course the bot

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best bot possible will manage to play all its winning hands until showdown, and fold all its losing hands before losing too much money. This will not be a problem even if there are many bots around as poker is what it is, gambling. It is really the big picture that counts, how much money you are left with after subtracting your losses from your profits.

55piast

55piast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are not bots. Some players think of them, who do not want to admit their mistakes and improve their game.
I agree with you ,but sometimes have see unbelievable @luck@ from some of players

zytar

zytar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might be some in poker rooms. Never played against one or I didn't notice it was a bot...

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one day i was playing in 888 room and it says how long this player on this table ,and i found a guy who has sitting on it for 23hours !!! bot?

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest I have no idea. I just hope that its not big issue right now, and I hope it will not be issue in the future. Cause it would completely destroy online poker. But I am affraid that its just matter of the time when online poker will not be possible to play because of all sorts of cheating, mostly bots. Because human simply simply cant beat bots who are not making any mistakes.

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is software anyone can purchase that will automatically play at tables according to rules you set up in the program. They even go as far as automatically sitting out to look like they are humans taking a break.

I actually tried out the software just to see what it was capable of back on the old days of FullFlush and it does work as they advertise.

Obviously, certain sites allow this as Im sure they could make safeguards against it -

wildgremlin

wildgremlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's threads in other forums which say different as well as hand history to back these claims up.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is possible, but unlikely that anyone developing bots for this game

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trust me, people who have serious knowledge in AI will never lose their time making bots for poker rooms but... Let's imagine there is an adventurer that read some good books and tried to make such a bot, maximum he can do is to try that bot with a small bankroll, 10$ in NL2 cash games let's say to test it... How far can it go? Someone will catch him bluffing or smth like that, sooner or later. Like what normal person will let such a bot to bust their bankroll? Come on guys and girls, do you believe in magic?