Voice chat

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about poker rooms introducing voice chat while you're at a table? do you think the game would be distorted? what you think?

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it very pioneering for players to be able to talk during the online game. It will make the game more interactive and fun!

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a good idea, so you don't get distracted while using the keyboard to type, you would only have to talk while you play and make your decisions.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It would be something innovative .... I would particularly like to see and experience that feeling ...! Sounds good to me ...!

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be an interesting but divisive addition I would think. It's a polarizing issue in that I think a large portion of people would love that while a ton of people would also really dislike it. I don't remember the name of it, but I remember an online poker platform in the past utilized peoples' webcams and that was next to your username and hand rather than a picture or avatar. I didn't experience it but I'm guessing that would be on par with online poker having voice chat.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing what some players type in the normal chat i can only imagine what will happen if voice chat is introduced. :D

Now speaking seriously - having voice chat can make it easier players to work together on the table against the other players and voice chat is generally much harder to control than written one. Also it reveals information about you to the other players which otherwise you can hide. In online games where it is team versus team voice chat is mandatory but for poker i do not see it needed.

If we look from broader perspective on the poker game though (especially seeing what the current quarantine causes) i think that in future some hybrid game should be created between current almost entirely anonymous online poker and the classic live poker. My idea is to organize tournaments very similar to the live circuits but where every player is connected via video conference so that other players can see him/her and speak each other. This way you can have some of the characteristics of the live game and reduce the costs for both players and organizer. In more distant future we can have even full VR completely combining the advantages of live and online game and avoiding their shortcomings. We will see. :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What do you think about poker rooms introducing voice chat while you're at a table? do you think the game would be distorted? what you think?

I think there is no need for voice chat. I play poker in the first place for reward. I am not interested in the conversations and comments of my opponents.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Generally I don`t chat, I don`t like opening conversation when I play, especially when I play in many games! It would be a confusion!:icon_stud

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it would result in verbal abuse, and another problem is talking about play during the hand/information sharing. There would be no permanent record with a voice medium as opposed to a text log.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
by principle it is good but for now I don't know who regrets suggesting this to you and if you do not speak the same language of mine that you would suggest that che mai is good without this type of chat

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it would result in verbal abuse, and another problem is talking about play during the hand/information sharing. There would be no permanent record with a voice medium as opposed to a text log.

These are definitely worthwhile arguments against have a voice chat function in online poker. Verbal abuse and collusion are definitely downside to chat more than just the text box. This made me think of people who play online video games in teams and how you can have your chat exclusively with your team members or the people you're working with and that's useful (and part of the fun) with working together and communicating towards a common goal.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It would definitely be fun to a certain extent, but will it be worth it ? Definitely not considering the number of inconsiderate players out there. From talking about the hand in play to disclosing hole cards and all kinds of collusion, let alone verbal abuse and prejudice that we already see in the text chat... Unfortunately it seems that the online poker community is not mature enough for a nice feature as voice chat.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bad idea. We already have enough problems with chat. Having voice chat without a live dealer to stop people from talking about their hands or what they folded and other violations in real time would be horrible for the game.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good idea, but very hard to track players chat if they become too inappropriate.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly it would probably just consist of russians screaming into their mics

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
i think that be different but need able shut off
rude players now call me names & try hurt my feelings typing mean things
if they able to say things ... wow... yikes

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will be a trash conversation. If I'm not mistaken, there is poker in virtual reality.
There is what you are talking about.

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see that there are people who like the idea and others not so much. I think that it is not necessary, but it would be something innovative for the online synth and in the rooms in general. Obviously we would have at our disposal the option to mute the chat, as well as a moderator would have to control verbal abuse or distortion of the game. But it is an idea that occurred to me and I wanted to know what the community thought about this. thank you all for sharing your thoughts

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Voice communication of players at the poker table live and online are two different things. Of course, live communication between the players is welcomed - this improves the atmosphere at the table, gives you additional information for the hand. Online, the situation is completely different. Being at a distance, players often feel impunity for rude statements, insults, because blocking a chat from this player for insulting you in front of other players will not be a significant punishment. Many do not even read the chat, so they will not even notice the message with insults, but everyone will hear the voice. And also just inadequate players who can include music in the chat, scream, unbalance you, and mock you. To summarize, I am definitely against it.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is not a new idea .. I played such a game there were cameras and everyone saw each other .. but to be honest it distracts from the normal course of Ira you think less ... but although it is interesting and fun to remind a live game .. but dishonest players can use think this way:ciao: