Using the same computer that my spouse uses

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So with all the fun I am having playing poker, of course, my love of my life is interested in getting started. Now I am wondering what problems I will have if we use the same computer or even the same IP address. We both use the laptop as a first choice, but if one of us is on the laptop, the other goes on the desktop. So with all this back and forth, I am wondering if sites will flag us for having two accounts? (Would we even have a problem both being on CC?) Does anyone else have this problem?

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im agenst that. Imagine how does cash game can look like. Poor guy sit on table with 3 or 4 ppl, and he play alone 1 vs 4.. silly.

On MTT much more chance to win.. still not moral.

i don't know if pokerstars boether with that. its all okey for them, while they are grabbing money. i don't think that they have trackers or what ever you are saying. its legal to play with multi account, with different names. So yeah, whole "family" can play poker :) For me i don't care, but im not in love with that idea.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shouldn't sit at the same table, best would be 2 different pokerrooms

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that several accounts on one computer could be a problem.
Several people with same IP playing simultaneously in the same game could raise a suspicion in collusion.

Mil777

Mil777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Do not play one game together this is most important
2. in 888 do not play better, block easily
3. warn the poker room about your situation that you play from one computer, basically most of the poker rooms are loyal

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sooner or later you will be deducted, you can not play cash at one table, play tournaments with an amount less than 45 people, these are the basic conditions that I remember.

Stepgov

Stepgov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So with all the fun I am having playing poker, of course, my love of my life is interested in getting started. Now I am wondering what problems I will have if we use the same computer or even the same IP address. We both use the laptop as a first choice, but if one of us is on the laptop, the other goes on the desktop. So with all this back and forth, I am wondering if sites will flag us for having two accounts? (Would we even have a problem both being on CC?) Does anyone else have this problem?

Your spouse, son or daughter can open an account. All they need to do is create an account with a real name and a private email.

If while trying to open an account a message appears that the registration of additional accounts banned, ask a new player to contact support and specify in the message Your username of the poker room, and that he/she needs to create your account.

Will notify the account name of your spouse, son or daughter. This is necessary to ensure that the security Department had not taken them for a duplicate of Your accounts, as additional accounts are prohibited and any additional accounts are closed immediately upon detection.

It is impossible to use two accounts from one computer.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about poker rooms - but if he joins CardsChat he will not be permitted to participate in any events if you guys ever use the same devices.

To be safe you should each pick one device for poker and stick to it strictly - if the poker sites have a policy about that even 1 trip could get you in trouble.

We have a strict policy here due to multi-accounting so would be surprised if they didn't as well. Though their concern is probably primarily related around playing in the same games at the same time.

You could email them to find out.

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i was banned once at Pokerstars .. because my brother had an account too at same computer..

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used the same device my brother used for playing, to create my own account on PS and it worked fine, I even got a first deposit bonuses and everything just had to send picture of my ID to verify it is my account.
Also I know several friends who play MTTs together in internet cafes meaning they share IP address every time they play and none of them got banned.
Still, you should probably contact PS support first, before creating new account on same device or IP address

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't chance trying to use the same computer for 2 accounts, rather have one account on your computer and one on your tablet or laptop.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars Policy

Here is the Stars policy direct from their website today:

Can family members also have an account

There is no problem if your family or friends would like to create a Stars Account with us. We welcome friends and family to join our community and play on our site. All they need to do is create a Stars Account with their real name and use their own email address.
To install our software they can visit the 'Download & Play' section from our website. Afterwards, in order to start the registration process they will simply need to launch the program and click on the "Create Account" button on the main lobby.
If at some point during the registration an error message is displayed stating no more accounts can be created, please ask them to send us an email mentioning your Stars ID to let us know an additional account is required.
Finally, if your family or friends live in the same household as you, please let us know about any new Stars Accounts, so we can ensure our Security Team does not think they are duplicates of your own account since duplicate accounts are not permitted and will be immediately closed when identified.

https://www.pokerstars.com/help/articles/maa-family-friend/12306/?br=pokerstars

L

lyndap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Same Sites

Your IP address is associated with each of you. If it is detected both of you are in the same game you will be booted out of the game. My husband and I play but on different tables. We alternate free play games. We have fun together and he has taught me quite a lot observing how I play. But yes the sites are able to detect IP addresses.