UB declined this image!?!

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This IS ALREADY my image on PS! I see no reason at all why this should not be allowed.

Here is what they emailed me informing me that my image had been declined:

Dear Valued Player,

We regret to inform you that the image you recently uploaded was declined. Submitted images are typically declined for one of the reasons indicated below.

1) You may have previously changed your image. Players are allowed to change their uploaded image only once. Any additional uploads will be automatically rejected.

2) Players are not allowed to upload images that are in any way obscene, offensive, or inappropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, images that contain the following:

* Nudity
* Death and dismemberment
* Disgusting body fluids or other bodily secretions
* Sexual Positions or innuendo
* Lewd gestures or hand signals
* Inappropriate cartoons
* Offensive remarks or provocative slogans (i.e. racist remarks, religious connotations, etc.)
* Pictures obtained from UltimateBet screenshots
* Pictures of cards that may be deceptive or confusing to other players
* Advertisements
3) All images must meet our specifications and be in one of our supported file formats. We will reject all Images that cannot be displayed properly.

The supported image formats are .bmp, .gif, .jpeg or .jpg (the .png format is not supported).

Our image loading feature can format and resize your image to fit within the avatar oval, however, if you wish to format the picture yourself, the approximate image size is 97 pixels wide x 52 pixels high. Although these image specifications will fill up the oval, kindly note that the rounded edges will cover the corners of an image this size.

If you have any questions about this policy, or if you would like us to prescreen your image before submitting it for upload, please do not hesitate to contact us at Support@UltimateBet.com.

Our customer service agents are ready to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For faster service, please be sure to include your User ID or nickname.

Good luck at the tables!

The UltimateBet Team
Support@UltimateBet.com

I currently do not have an image on UB so reason #1 is out because I never uploaded one.

Any thoughts? I really want this to be my image what do you think I should do now?

hasEML = false;

Attachments

• cropped tiltless.JPG
    cropped tiltless.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 17
Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is "Tiltless Poker" ? Is that an advertisement ?

If so, guilty as charged.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had to resubmit my cardschat image 3 times before it went through.
Everytime I got the decline, I just kept going to the site and resubmitting.
Good luck

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is "Tiltless Poker" ? Is that an advertisement ?

If so, guilty as charged.

No It is not! There is no tiltless poker company or website. It was part of a series pictures created by Tommy Angelo. You won't find them anywhere though they were on his site a long time ago but he took them down. I just happen to actually know him and personally asked him if I could use It.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could do as one recommended and keep submitting it or you reply to support with the image attached to the email and ask if they can be specific as to why it was declined.

Good Luck!

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree...keep submitting it & each time it is declined, ask for specifics as to why it is not accepted! GL:)

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try sending them an e-mail to the support team and ask what rule you've broken with the image. Also explain that if it might be the rule on advertisements then reassure them that it is just a series of pictures by an artist and not an advertisement. See if that works.

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just sent this email to support with the picture attached:

Hello My name is Matt ***** and my username is Hambone87_05. I recently had an image request declined by you and I would please like an explanation why. The only reason I could think of is you thought it was an advertisement. I assure you it is not. It is the last of a series of pictures created by Tommy Angelo trying to demonstrate the importance of try to be tiltless. I have this as my picture on other poker sites and have never ran into a problem with it until now. I must beg that you reconsider. If not I would like an explanation as to why this picture is not allowed. I will attach the picture to this email so you can see it. Thank you for your time.

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It worked! They got back to me already i'm impressed. Heres the e-mail:

Dear Mr. *****,

Thank you for your response. I have cleared you image with my Supervisor. Please upload the image again and let us know when you have uploaded it and we will approve it. We appreciate your patience in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Karla

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I just got a confirmation email confirming they have processed my image as promised. They resolved the issue in less than two hours so UB Support is still A-OK in my book. Heres the E-mail:

Dear Matt *****,

Thank you for your response.

Your image has been approved and you should be able to see it. If you have any problems viewing your image please contact us.

Please keep in mind we allow players the opportunity to upload one image and then change this image only once. Our servers will
automatically delete any subsequent change requests.

Players not only recognize each other by their user names, but also by the images they present. If we
were to allow players to frequently change their images, it would be very difficult for other players to
know whom they are playing against.

Even when user names remain the same, many players pay far more attention to images when identifying
players. If you have concerns about this and other features, please visit our website at:

[old link~tb]

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Best of Luck,
Karla

Thanks for the input guys. GO CC!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mstram

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's actually a nice image .. for once, and one that I probably wouldn't turn off / disable etc. Most of the time I disable images, as I just find them distracting, and haven't bothered to upload one for myself.

It's stupid that you had to re-upload the image to get it approved when it was already on their system, (I guess they deleted it). Stupid also that it was your current image, but then it was unapproved, then finally approved.

Sounds like they're running like a government agency :rolleyes:

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could have just let it go and represented the best poker forum on the net....... Just saying :)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
and all your chips will be lost on the river:eek:
Not if you chase all the way to the river like most players at UB.:cool: :smile:

I uploaded my usual CC image at party poker and it got declined reason being that they wont allow card symbols, they meant the faint spade symbol, but the donkeys in charge there have let other CC members use the same pic.