u.s.a site reviews for newbies by experienced newbie

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are several good and bad sites available to u.s players but do not be fooled by the larger sites with big guarantees. Pay attention to the structures of those large guarantees and remember they attract a lot of fish intern the sharks also. Another big mistake do not be turned off by the smaller sites with low traffic and smaller prize pools. The player pools are smaller and almost always softer competition. The only draw back is Only hand full of tournaments a day even hitting min registration.

My favorite overall are the chico sites BOL/SB due to constant traffic, wide variety of micro tournaments, well structured tournaments, and medium competition (meaning not a lot of sharks or all in fish but a few of each).

I really like the low traffic sites such as intertops and 5dimes while it is hard to find more than a few tournaments a day worth entering I have had a lot of luck at each due to small weak player pools. I recommend checking them out if you have the opportunity to play around their schedule.

ignition/bovado is very limited in micro mtt's but have had some luck in cash rooms and a lot of luck in their $5 n $10 3 table sit n go's. I also do real well in their triple up sit n go's. I think they have the best sit n go options of all u.s sites.

Global I have had some real good runs but usually followed by real bad runs. Very up and down and i don't care for their structures or player pools. All turbo rebuy's with lots of wild calling players.

Final on my list is the worst of all in my opinion WPN or ACR/bcp. Do not be fooled by the large guarantees it is just a ploy a scam in disguise. If you notice all the structures are ridiculous. Either they are 3-5 hr late registration with small starting stacks or hypo turbo's that are all in fests by the end due to giant blinds in last levels of registration so it comes down to luck at that point. Also those large gtds attract lots of fish and the sharks looking for easy meals. Most times it seems the players there are more content to take you out than win themselves, 3 n 4 betting over the top of you with weak hands only to suck you out half the time. Other than the largest freeroll selection of any site I don't have a lot of good things to say about WPN. I would say avoid depositing there at all cost stick to freerolls only.

In conclusion a big mistake in my opinion by new players is going for these larger sites with big bonus and nice gtds. Looks good on paper but much harder to run deep. While the smaller sites don't offer big bonuses or gtd's. Because of smaller weaker player pools much more likely for a newer nit player to do well.

If you do need a site with more traffic try BOL or SB they have micros with decent gtds (a large selection) and the players are much more reasonable with their play (making it possible for a newer nit player to do well) Compared to the other high traffic sites available to u.s players.

Hope this helps any newbies trying to decide where to play. Have a wonderful everything and good luck at the tables.:ciao:

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something I should have mentioned are the newer mobile sites like pppoker. The club structures can be confusing to those unfamiliar but great micro cash options once you learn how to navigate. But I would advise steering clear of anywhere you can not deal (make deposits/withdraws) with clubs yourself (clubs are separate from sites).

There is also a newer site realpoker.com out of india offering $13 no deposit bonus. Only info you have to give is a valid e-mail to receive bonus. I'm not sure how they are stopping players from creating more than 1 account to receive this bonus more than once, Not that i would do or advise one to do such a thing. I just discovered this so not much else for me to form an opinion.:D

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, betonline and Ignition / Bovada are U.S. players best options. ACR can be ok since you can get rakeback, but the games are really good on the other two sites for sure.

H

Happy729

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been unable to set up an account with Ignition. They say they will have to email me, yet I never receive an email from them. Same with Bovada. I played there a few years ago, and cannot access my account with them. Is there anywhere else besides ACR for US players? I've been playing only on ACR and agree with you regarding the bad beats!

H

Happy729

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
***Update*** I was able to resurrect my old BOL account with its $0.33 balance! I'm going to check them out for freerolls and can report back.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been unable to set up an account with Ignition. They say they will have to email me, yet I never receive an email from them. Same with Bovada. I played there a few years ago, and cannot access my account with them. Is there anywhere else besides ACR for US players? I've been playing only on ACR and agree with you regarding the bad beats!
i like bet online/sports betting the best they are same network both chico

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
***Update*** I was able to resurrect my old BOL account with its $0.33 balance! I'm going to check them out for freerolls and can report back.
sounds good look out for me joeyknish or tw082