smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Today while deciding on a call or a raise here, I forgot to manually engage my time bank and my hand was folded. Lesson learned, turn on auto time bank!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Maybe he had a set and would have made a boat thats what I would keep telling myself. But yeah that sucks lesson learnt I guess.

On ACR I keep my sound on although it is annoying as hell, for the same reason as to avoid above..

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR's skin looks really nice, way more aesthetic than 888. I know that isn't what the thread was about, but this is the first time I have had a good look at it.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be Happy, I had the straight flush and was hoping you raised me :evil:

hahaha, hope that makes you sleep better !
Guys 'n gals, he's absolutely and honestly correct here. Get used to all corners of the software.
Once it happened to me with the nuts and I wanted to play "unsure" and waiting and waiting and waiting.... Boops, time's up!!! And nobody to blame :eek::nurse::icon_thum

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats very strange some sites put it on automatically,and definitely yes on sound notifications for your turn

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too bad.

Funny story - I went to the bathroom today (couldn't wait for the break). Came back to see I'm holding AA, the guy just before me jammed (with a crappy desperation hand), and my time's about to run out. I madly grabbed for the mouse and threw in the default raise just in the nick of time.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you for sharing information for US not commit the same error

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never even knew there was an auto time bank lol thanks! :D

But then again I am a pokerstars player so maybe there isn't one lol

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well , i can understand your feelings. I also missclicked in past some times. Fortunately, that was not the key hands in tournaments, but need to be careful with that.

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense, but that's very beginner, since the game is missing some time starts to sound

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No offense, but that's very beginner, since the game is missing some time starts to sound
No offense but you are a beginner, aren't you?

On ACR if you are set to manually engage time bank to extend your time then you will have mere seconds to act after sound notification or be folded. If you set your time bank to auto time bank you will automatically enter an extended time bank that is initially 1 minute long. Many players play with no sound or are running many many tables so relying on sound is not a good idea when you have seconds to act and many tables open. My reason for using manual method is up until a few days ago I was not taking online play as seriously as a money making endeavor as I do live play and my consideration was for other players, I was out of the room doing other things while playing a lot and did not want to have my time bank auto engage while I was out and make others wait for me, but now I am going to dedicate more time to online and not live play and be more serious about my win loss ratio online so I will have auto time bank on and will not be leaving room.

Last edited:
N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My only question,
what processed you to ever un-check this option on any of the poker sites you play on?
:eek:

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for this. It's saved me at least a half a dozen times in the last couple of weeks. I probably would have looked into it more closely if it had become a noticeable problem, but I certainly recall getting folded out of hands sooner than expected on ACR. It's tough to notice since the reason for having time expire on one's action is usually a distraction of some kind. Add to this that ACR is dominated on my laptop by every other site. I can have pending action on ACR and never know it.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened to me and I forget to activate the extra time, but, just like you, I learned my lesson and now I activate it every time the tour starts.

D

dalvis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Misclicking is definitely the biggest downside to online play.

On the other hand, definitely should have just called here. Keep them in the pot and on the hook.