Time for a break from it all.. Losing to luck to many times is getting to me

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is getting tiresome, always some lucky person beating me. Twice so far in 2 days I have lost to Jack,4. One of those Jack, 4's was suited and both times I raised the BB late in the game 3X-4X. I had Pocket KK's In one hand and Pocket AA's in the other. Yet just my last lost happened that everyone folds except 1 limp in. I raise 2 and 1/2 the BB with Ace, Jack suited. SB calls and the limper calls. Ok not a problem.. the flop,turn, and river come out 8,5,8,5,6.. ok Not a problem that I lost but the SB who called with King, 5 off suit. Yesterday I actually thought I was the one who was going to get the luck but yet I was twarted. Heads up my pocket 5's vs his pocket 10's. I think to myself this won't be pretty cause now I am the underdog. The flop shows ace,5,8 diffrent suits. I am like yes! finally I got the luck. To see the river flop a 10. I keep going back of course cause I figure my good playing is eventually going to overcome "luck". But no.. the past few days no matter what cards I play or how I play I haven't been able to overcome luck. I am going to have to go back to playing freerolls cause at least there I expect luck to constantly happen. Now don't get me wrong, I do expect to lose to luck on occasion in money games but not constantly. LOL there now I feel better.. just needed to vent.. Time to climb back on the horse no matter how many times she throws me off. :)

M

mrjoetoyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've had a whole week of it i know how you feel

E

engblachford

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i know exactly how you feel too. just yesturday i was low stack about 800, went all in with jj and lost to q-6. he got one 6 on the flop and then another on the turn, couldn't belive it. people are crazy to call 800 with q-6 off suite preflop. couldn't believe it, it makes me wonder if the thing is rigged. anyhow bad luck here too. don't even want to start with the many losing rockets

sundown1234

sundown1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
better than booze

Get the luck back play a game like a fish bet shit call shit and flop lucky shit
play the j-5 off suit or Q-4 off or my fave 2-3 suited 4 the flush and if this dosent work go get lucky???:icon_clow

M

MoeMo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"That's Poker!",yea its sucks hearing it and worse when its your turn for a bad swing,and then hearing it.Keep yer head up dogg,we all have our bad swings,it'll change?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it don't bother me that I am called with a good hand or mariginal hand but jac,4 suited got to me.. I admit I was furious at the time but hey like what was said "keep your head up". I personally don't mind losing to playable hands but when jack,4 comes in on 3-4X of the big blind that is when I tend to wonder what is up or what in the heck they were thinking?

lol nope tried the luck approach.. needed a ten for the straight before the turn and river and lost.... figured I would try the luck approach even that didn't help. I am in a slump right now that I can't get out.. :)

Last edited:
IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was recently knocked out first hand by a 4-5o when I had pocket jacks. That was the last I played for that night as the force wasn't with me. I find that changing venues helps me, I switch from Noble to pokerstars and back again. Seems like a different environment helps some...

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have tried the playing junk hands. They just get me in trouble. LOL

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep and still in the funk.. 17 times out of 18 times now I lost to luck.. So the funk is still with me. It is starting to get real tiresome.. I switch sites play low limit games, higher limits, even a freeroll. Notta, just keep losing to the luck...It is getting old really quick... I figure if it keeps happening that I may as well lose it directly and constantly bet all-in on 9,2 off suit. This way if I am going to lose, I will lose based on a bad play instead of some lucky schmoe.

goldfinger1217

goldfinger1217

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me about it. I just left noble poker! I was on .25 .50 cash table and get AK preflop.I raise to $2 and get two callers the flop comes A K 3 different suits. I bet 1 dollar and get reraised to ten.Naturaly I go all inn the guy has AA.that is not a bad beat the point of the story is. the odds of that happening is outragous I would be ok with it that one time but it happened two times in one day and the fourth time this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now on to my bad beat of the day.I was playing tourny $5 rebuy.witch you all know how loose people play in those things anyway.the bet was 150 before flop I had A4 the flop came 2 3 5 all diferrent suits . giving me the nuts before the bet could get to me two people were already all inn.I call quickly and get to callers befind me . the hands r shown and there r poket pairs every where anyway the only caller who even paired the board has Ace 2 .the turn comes 2! and the river 5!Now thats a bad beat! can you feel my pain.

:( Tell me about it. I just left noble poker! I was on .25 .50 cash table and get AK preflop.I raise to $2 and get two callers the flop comes A K 3 different suits. I bet 1 dollar and get reraised to ten.Naturaly I go all inn the guy has AA.that is not a bad beat the point of the story is. the odds of that happening is outragous I would be ok with it that one time but it happened two times in one day and the fourth time this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now on to my bad beat of the day.I was playing tourny $5 rebuy.witch you all know how loose people play in those things anyway.the bet was 150 before flop I had A4 the flop came 2 3 5 all diferrent suits . giving me the nuts before the bet could get to me two people were already all inn.I call quickly and get to callers befind me . the hands r shown and there r poket pairs every where anyway the only caller who even paired the board has Ace 2 .the turn comes 2! and the river 5!Now thats a bad beat! can you feel my pain.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I feel better.. went all-in on my ace,10 off suit to an ace,queen suited. :) Yet after checking 4 hands I have lost with recently including that Jack,4. I came across that I was the favorite in every hand at 65% or higher. The Jack,4 I was well over 85% to win the hand. I even checked my recent lose lol not the one with the ace,10 that was just a purposly bad play. I was favorite up to the turn at 65% to win. Now I feel like Jason Giambi.. It was humor before those yankee fans get on me :)

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There got hand history for my last lucky play. Now everyone can analize, say they would have done this or that. It was a money tourney by the way. Tell me there wasn't luck involved. I was a 70.5% favorite to win after the turn.

Game ID: 6372990 10/20 $500 Guaranteed No.Limit , Table 4 (Hold'em)
Seat 9 is the button
Seat 1: rsbii1 (1590).
Seat 2: headline111 (522).
Seat 3: norty717 (970).
Seat 4: bigdog362 (1099).
Seat 5: twizzybop (2003).
Seat 6: kidkong2u (2625).
Seat 7: maul99 (869).
Seat 8: fingers (970).
Seat 9: Don Denmark (752).
Player rsbii1 has small blind (5)
Player headline111 has big blind (10)
Player twizzybop received card: [4h]
Player twizzybop received card: [4s]
Player norty717 folds
Player bigdog362 calls (10)
Player twizzybop calls (10)
Player kidkong2u raises (140)
Player maul99 folds
Player fingers folds
Player Don Denmark folds
Player rsbii1 folds
Player headline111 folds
Player bigdog362 calls (130)
Player twizzybop calls (130)
*** FLOP ***: [Qh 9h 9c]
Player bigdog362 checks
Player twizzybop bets (190)
Player kidkong2u calls (190)
Player bigdog362 folds
*** TURN ***: [Qh 9h 9c][2c]
Player twizzybop bets (190)
Player kidkong2u allin (2295)
Player twizzybop allin (1483)
*** RIVER ***: [Qh 9h 9c 2c][10h]
Player twizzybop mucks cards
------ Summary ------
Pot: 4783. Rake: 0
Board: [Qh 9h 9c 2c 10h]
Player rsbii1 does not show cards. Bets: 5. Collects: 0 Loses: 5
Player headline111 does not show cards. Bets: 10. Collects: 0 Loses: 10
Player norty717 does not show cards. Bets: 0. Collects: 0 Wins: 0
Player bigdog362 does not show cards. Bets: 140. Collects: 0 Loses: 140
Player twizzybop does not show cards. Bets: 2003. Collects: 0 Loses: 2003
*Player kidkong2u shows: Two pairs.10s and 9s [10c Ks]. Bets: 2625. Collects:
4783 Wins: 2158
Player maul99 does not show cards. Bets: 0. Collects: 0 Wins: 0
Player fingers does not show cards. Bets: 0. Collects: 0 Wins: 0
Player Don Denmark does not show cards. Bets: 0. Collects: 0 Wins: 0

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL again..At the turn I was 79.6% to win it at the turn but Nope the river got me.. Maybe I should start playing the 20% or less myself hands.. seems to work against me so why not work with it. Like the saying goes if you can't beat em, join em.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok here is some more.. dunno what it is about, but you figure it out.
Have 2 pair from my hand including the flop. Say why not.. bet all-in. This guy calls and has 3 cards alltogether to make his straight with nothing else. Yep you guessed it.. made the straight from the turn and the river.

Now again.. flop comes and gives me a flush.. get all-in with another guy and he has 3 of a kind. Yet on the river he hits a full boat, 8's over Jacks. I just want to kick this "LUCK" god right in the nuts about now. :)

Enough is Enough allready, I got the point :)

R

Raider92464

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help is on the way

You need some chicken bones and chalk. Draw a circle, throw the chiken bones in it and repeat "I hate Fish" over and Over for 5 minutes. This should help......

:thrasher: The Nation

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woot! the chicken bone idea must have scared of the luck god on that last game. Yes I lost, but I lost cause I had the losing hand. Not because of luck.. Not happy that I lost, just happy I lost well to a good play for once :) Even though the rude sob didn't have the nerve to say ty when I tipped my hat, said nh, yw and left the table.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Twizzy you fired into Q99 with pocket 4's and then allin on the turn with a 3 and you honestly think luck is what caused you to lose! Oh come on you must be pulling our legs!:laugh: Oh ty I needed a funny after the day I had!

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
xdmanx007 said:
Twizzy you fired into Q99 with pocket 4's and then allin on the turn with a 3 and you honestly think luck is what caused you to lose! Oh come on you must be pulling our legs!:laugh: Oh ty I needed a funny after the day I had!
Yes Indeed I did but watching his patterns and cards he was playing. He was constantly playing rags while raising as you noticed even here, pretty high. Yet what you failed to notice is I was 70.5% favorite to win after the turn. So glad I could make you laugh when he was the underdog. That means I had 31 outs to win, Comparibly to his 13 outs. Which I was allready winning to begin with. I bet on the hand not on luck. There is a mighty big diffrence from actually betting the hand instead of hoping luck will save you. So yes I knew I saw the Q,9,9 and possibly I may have had the weaker hand. Yet from the way my opponent was playing I knew the possiblities of me having the stronger hand was very much higher.

Now we could even change this scenario just slightly. Lets just say I had Queen, 9. Lesson to be learned by someone who is overly aggresive in the example, simple... he would lose and be done. So now laugh all you wish but there is a diffrence from being aggresive to being overly aggressive and not even analizing the cards on the table. He bet all-in hoping I had nothing and I didn't. 1 card saved his butt, now any smart player would have just called my bet or re-raised to be aggresive. Yet to bet the farm on luck early on is crazy. He from the example was betting for the "Gut" shot straight. He was betting on 4 outs especially against those pot odds.

Remember there is a diffrence from being aggresive, overly aggresive, bullying, dominating a table, and over domination.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ummmm.... Seriously Learn from your mistakes. Regardless of how he was playing and what you may have found his cards to be, after the fact, that board was not worth an allin call with pocket 4's. You took 2 shots and he fired an all in at you, fold and wait for a different battle, or you could keep playing that way and continue losing it is your decision.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
xdmanx007 said:
Ummmm.... Seriously Learn from your mistakes. Regardless of how he was playing and what you may have found his cards to be, after the fact, that board was not worth an allin call with pocket 4's. You took 2 shots and he fired an all in at you, fold and wait for a different battle, or you could keep playing that way and continue losing it is your decision.
Of course I will continue to lose to luck. I may even lose to a better hand like in this situation if indeed he had a 9 or a Queen. Yet he didn't. I played a better hand to a luck hand. Rather play a good hand and lose to a good hand then to some schmoe who didn't realize #1 He was betting on 2.2%
chance that his jack would come up on the river, before that a 4.3% on the turn.
He bet on hopes and wishes. "I hope and wish to get a straight". That is called a forest gump, chase those cards down to the river no matter what. Now the odds of getting a straight are 1 in 254.80.
#2 If there is a slight chance you may have the winning hand you should call. I’m not advocating calling with nothing but I did call since there was a chance to win.

#3Now recently I am losing to the better hands instead of the luck hands. However I just went on a winning streak, winning 4 sit & go's. I even admit I finally got the "luck". I felt sorry for beating this person but that was poker. He raised pre-flop 2X, I called. I like to call with off cards to at times. I have Queen, 7 of clubs. Flop drops 3 7's. I was wow!, checked and then he bet strong. I of course called. Now an Ace comes on the turn. I check again and he bets even stronger, and I call again. Then the river shows a 6. He goes all-in, I of course call that. Shows his hand, he has pocket AA's. That gives him a fullhouse to my 4 of a kind. He was shocked that I had the other 7 but did say nh. I thanked him of course. Is the tide turning for me? I don't know but only will say that I am not losing to luck hands, just the better ones.

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Less time posting. More time studying and playing. Or take a break completely.

Sometimes putting down the deck/mouse for a week or two is a great way to refresh your game. In fact, it's largely essential.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rammer is onto something! Twizzy some of us have our peers best intrests at heart. Whether or not it is the blind leading is another story:) but trying to convince me that you played that hand correctly means you are missing the point of why decent players offer advice here. Simply put the only way you could make a case for that hand would be if you fired the allin you didn't your opponent did. Of course you should try to read your opponent but at low stakes online poker you mostly need cards. Again it is your choice, your money, and your decsion on how to play. Continuing to play the way you played that hand will break you in the long run.

I

icepari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LEt me say something about bad luck i play omaha hi/lo(limit 25c/50c) on pacific i start with 30$ after about 2 hours i have 70$ and stay alone on the table

LEt me say something about bad luck i play omaha hi/lo(limit 25c/50c) on pacific i start with 30$ after about 2 hours i have 70$ and stay alone on the table so i decide to go play some Omaha Hi/lo PL on 0.50$/1$ NL table.After about 30 minutes i have 75$ and the hand:i have A233 5 people call i raise with 2$ everybody pays. The flop comes 33K i bet 7$ all fold except one.He pays.The turn is 8.I check he bets 15$ i raise 30 he raise all in so of course i go all in. He has 88KQ so he thinks he has the better full .And guess what the river is a perfect 8 .So no more PL for me NEVER.I will play fixed where luck is not a factor in the long run.If i played Hold`em i was going to at least get BBJ

Last edited:
GaTechMom

GaTechMom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RammerJammer said:
Less time posting. More time studying and playing. Or take a break completely.

Sometimes putting down the deck/mouse for a week or two is a great way to refresh your game. In fact, it's largely essential.
That might be what I need losing alot lately thanks for the advice.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
icepari said:
LEt me say something about bad luck i play omaha hi/lo(limit 25c/50c) on pacific i start with 30$ after about 2 hours i have 70$ and stay alone on the table

LEt me say something about bad luck i play omaha hi/lo(limit 25c/50c) on pacific i start with 30$ after about 2 hours i have 70$ and stay alone on the table so i decide to go play some Omaha Hi/lo PL on 0.50$/1$ NL table.After about 30 minutes i have 75$ and the hand:i have A233 5 people call i raise with 2$ everybody pays. The flop comes 33K i bet 7$ all fold except one.He pays.The turn is 8.I check he bets 15$ i raise 30 he raise all in so of course i go all in. He has 88KQ so he thinks he has the better full .And guess what the river is a perfect 8 .So no more PL for me NEVER.I will play fixed where luck is not a factor in the long run.If i played Hold`em i was going to at least get BBJ
WELCOME to the world of OMAHA! What happened in your hand is the reason why the game is popular across the pond huge pots and you need cards to win.