Spin and Go!

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys!! What do you think about spin and go turnaments on pokerstars? What buy in u preferd? What is your play on tournament? I mean are u agressive? And how much was biggest prize u won there? Cheers!

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think i, so i cant really sy anythingcan play on pokerstars

T

teofilo leandro ynca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In PokerStars tournaments players are very aggressive but play with nothing in his letter to the lot but also ay several safe playing calmer

blef mashine

blef mashine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're good spin and go tournaments, only in relation to the ordinary tournaments need a little more luck, but I did and I do not have in poker, many are aggressive only you put everything and see what happens.:)

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i love SnG tours.I play them every day they are funnn n if u r lucky u can win big cash prize. I prefer to play agressive. Buy in 3bucks max.

Hellvor

Hellvor

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be aggressive. 3 people on the table, being passive will not work.

I prefer the $1 buy-ins, these type of tournaments aren't for the prize IMO, they are just good for a short burst of adrenaline :p

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play them.
I always get twice my buy-in.
And when I get four time the buy-in, I lose :(

Y

ycebox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the spin & go are crazy ... players kinda like to gamble instead of playing (i mean if they get a AX they go all in , same for K10(and higher) and so on but i play low stakes 0,25-3$ but i got a theory that the all in parts are just ppls that don't wana play the spin & go and just get the free thicket from compliting the challanges , and my best reward was for a 1$ entry a 240 $ prize pool , my play style is kinda chill and w8 for hands to play cuz like i said some are crazy and go all in all the time and just w8 for them to get busted and then when i'm h/u i start playing the agressive part raising all my buttons , put the presure on them ,most of them will pay to see a flop and if they don't hit they fold (but then again i think just on low stakes u can get away with this cuz ppls play way way looser on low stakes i think )

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the spin & go are crazy ... players kinda like to gamble instead of playing (i mean if they get a AX they go all in , same for K10(and higher) and so on but i play low stakes 0,25-3$ but i got a theory that the all in parts are just ppls that don't wana play the spin & go and just get the free thicket from compliting the challanges , and my best reward was for a 1$ entry a 240 $ prize pool , my play style is kinda chill and w8 for hands to play cuz like i said some are crazy and go all in all the time and just w8 for them to get busted and then when i'm h/u i start playing the agressive part raising all my buttons , put the presure on them ,most of them will pay to see a flop and if they don't hit they fold (but then again i think just on low stakes u can get away with this cuz ppls play way way looser on low stakes i think )

Yeah that have a point, but i just cant chill in this kind of tournament i need to be "action man". Sometimes it works very well but sometimes i get busted :) p.s. sorry for bad english :) CHEERS

P

Potsize1234

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin & Go

In tournaments and sng's on Pokerstars there are already a lot of bingo players, but in Spin & Go it's even worse. Small stack to start with, only 3 players, blinds going up quite fast, ... I hate gambling/shoving with anything but maybe that's the only way to do it on these Spin & Go's.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments and sng's on Pokerstars there are already a lot of bingo players, but in Spin & Go it's even worse. Small stack to start with, only 3 players, blinds going up quite fast, ... I hate gambling/shoving with anything but maybe that's the only way to do it on these Spin & Go's.

I am maybe bit more agressive on SnG then usually but thats way to play them i think i totally agree with you there is too many bingo plyrs but they are most of time cash machine for me :) cheers

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the spin & go are crazy ... players kinda like to gamble instead of playing (i mean if they get a AX they go all in , same for K10(and higher)
I don't think it's that much of gambling with those hands honestly. With games you're always shorthanded 3 or 2 and short stacked (very fast at 15BB or less). So push/fold play seems appropriate in those cases with those hands.
However, I'm maybe not the best person to say this, as I'm not the best at spin and go. I would like to get better however, because people that are successful with them don't have to spend a lot of time (like with MTTs) and can hit the jackpot sometimes.

Y

ycebox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's that much of gambling with those hands honestly. With games you're always shorthanded 3 or 2 and short stacked (very fast at 15BB or less). So push/fold play seems appropriate in those cases with those hands.
However, I'm maybe not the best person to say this, as I'm not the best at spin and go. I would like to get better however, because people that are successful with them don't have to spend a lot of time (like with MTTs) and can hit the jackpot sometimes.
mathematicly i think it is the right decision and i still gotta learn to play more on the stats part then feelings ,i play mostly MTTs and there i prefer more of a 3 bet raise /or call then all in's preflop ( and yes the AK , AA, KK ,QQ i prefer to shove to avoid multiways in the pot ) cuz u can get back from a low stack instead of a busted one (i know i have a lot lot to learn but now i' m just speaking from my little experience gathered at this stackes :) , and most of the time when it's h/u the all in chills out if they see u don't wana pay , and yes at the gamble part i think i made a mistake giving those cards but in all honesty i felt a lil generous :)) cuz u will see crazier cards then those )

Last edited:
T

Turn7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As always, micro-buy-ins are for a lot of people just pennies and not worth enough to play seriously. Anyway, every spin and go is - although there are 3 players - kind of a heads-up! From the first hand on you should use your position aggressively! Be careful, if there's is a player who always makes all-in. Than it is the old story that you could/will lose with a good/strong hand against a fish! ;-)

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As always, micro-buy-ins are for a lot of people just pennies and not worth enough to play seriously. Anyway, every spin and go is - although there are 3 players - kind of a heads-up! From the first hand on you should use your position aggressively! Be careful, if there's is a player who always makes all-in. Than it is the old story that you could/will lose with a good/strong hand against a fish! ;-)

I agree there is bunch of bingo players i kind in thees few days give up from them cuz there is too much fish....

orsino12

orsino12

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with these games is that even if you try to play sound poker (hard enough with short starting stacks and very fast blinds) is that if the other 2 are playing the hyper aggressive style you will quite often find yourself heads up as a 2 to 1 chip underdog in just a few hands as 1 of them will take the other out in short order.
Once that happens it can be a steep hill to climb.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I'm just bragging, you have to be aggressive and be capable of folding crap on the button, do not button raise just for the sake of button raising.

Woo hoo3

Woo hoo

Woo hoo2

Woo hoo4

R

Runeloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played the 25 cents one. Its really pointless because its a repetitive 50 cents rewards. So seems that it only worth it if you make a reasonable buy in amount.

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's more like Spin and KO :D
Also, I have played 100 of them now in play money, to get the feeling of the a bit.
Most of the times I play for a prize pool double the buy in, but the bigger prizes seem to pass me by more than it says on pokerstars website.
It's only a small percentage lower, but I was wondering if I'm the only one or if it's a systematic thing.
got 19 % 4x buy in (PS says 20-21 %)
got 1 % 6x buy in (PS says 3-5 %)
got 0 % more than that (PS says 0.5 % so on 100 games that seems totally fine)

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just bragging, you have to be aggressive and be capable of folding crap on the button, do not button raise just for the sake of button raising.
Nice one ! Thank you!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a hyper turbo. You will be AI very fast. There is a lot of luck and a lot of variance involved. There are skill sets you can use, but the window between using skill, and having to shove ATC and call with marginal hands, is small.

I

Ivan Inozemcev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im not agressive. my last win was spin 0.25 where i won 30 dollars ))) but a lot of players in spins very aagresive and play without hand

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
im not agressive. my last win was spin 0.25 where i won 30 dollars ))) but a lot of players in spins very aggresive and play without hand

Once you know that they are doing that take advantage of it, like fletchdad said, the games don't last long so you must make best use of your hands you get, I quite often will show an A if they fold to my raise, and then as long as you don't do it often, play in a similar way to the A hand and am able to steal, I also quite often will show the kicker to my A and some people take it personally which is what you want, then with a premium hand they will quite often think you are bluffing.

SPnG's are a mix of good hands and mind games, once you get in their head they are after revenge and play any hand as long as one is a picture card which is easily exploited.

I normally play $3 and $7 SPnG's, the above were attempts to build my BR that went my way.

I must say also that there are some very good players that play these also, but I mainly run into bad players.

:top:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
My first 25x $3 game

I had to fight to get the win, had a couple of suckouts against me then dug deep and got the win.

Woo hoo5