So bet online busted me. Should I quit?

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been back on my poker adventure now for about a week and the first couple days started off nice and like usual I played my solid patient game and gained some good winnings, after that the following few days were straight hell, as if I was playing rigged poker. I couldn’t get hands and when I did they lost every time, I can definitely feel the difference between when I feel it’s possible to win and when it’s not, and I think they have some accounts set to drain, well lots of accounts. Should I give up on my adventure, should I go try America’s Cardroom, or you think I’ll get the same bs there? I’m good at the game and it seems it’s always the same with these USA poker sites. Very greedy for money as there player numbers are low right? Figure it out right? Well anyways good luck all. Hope you stay winning. And avoid the tilt or drain.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First Reactive Thought!

I have been back on my poker adventure now for about a week and the first couple days started off nice and like usual I played my solid patient game and gained some good winnings, after that the following few days were straight hell, as if I was playing rigged poker. I couldn’t get hands and when I did they lost every time, I can definitely feel the difference between when I feel it’s possible to win and when it’s not, and I think they have some accounts set to drain, well lots of accounts. Should I give up on my adventure, should I go try America’s Cardroom, or you think I’ll get the same bs there? I’m good at the game and it seems it’s always the same with these USA poker sites. Very greedy for money as there player numbers are low right? Figure it out right? Well anyways good luck all. Hope you stay winning. And avoid the tilt or drain.
Sometimes your first reactive thoughts are sniffing out the word "Rigged!". And that word even comes with an exclamation mark! Run from it! That is the mental state that affects your attentiveness. I play as Little Nickle at BOL and as Call You Too! at SB. I vary my approaches differently. The variations between cautious and tilt vary. Players are trying to Read You, not the Flop. Hang in there. Yes, there are some sites that have potential unethical methods; those smell from a distance. Whatever you do, do not think of yourself as Not Good; you are a PRO! GOD bless you. Now, go get'em!

Last edited:
W

wildjoker68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you", I have had the same thing happen to me, over and over again.
ACR had done the same thing to me for over 2 yrs. now. I played solid, made about 1k the first 3 wks there, but after that, it's been the same bs you have just mentioned. I made a deposit at global poker for 20.00 and ran my account up to around 160.00 and then got drained down to 108.00 I stopped playing money games and now only play freerolls and the same thing happens to me. at ACR in 2018 I won a MDS Ticket ( Million Dollar sunday game, they didn't honor it, they said they had no record of it, I played a freeroll and took 1st out of 1780 people, but they had no record of it.
I then later won a second won with over 2800 people and got to fold until I was out of chips, but here is the biggest kicker to prove to me that it's rigged. I played that MDS for an hr and 43 minutes, only had 1 playable hand, and everyone on my table, except for 1 other person was sitting out the entire time I was playing. every hand was 10 2 72 93 43 52 maybe J3 K2 and 90% of the times that I folded, the other player who was playing showed his cards to me, almost like he was wanting me to know that I was being screwed, showing me time after time, AA AK AQ AJ QQ JJ KJ A 10 A 8 for 33 minutes, I didn't even get 1 face card. when I folded down to my last bb and a half, I got K 3 and shoved, he called me with KQ and the game was over when he hit his Q. and as soon as I was knocked out of the game, all the other players started playing at the same time, with very low chip stacks, like under 1k, and they all started at the same time, all of them were sitting out for 1 hr and 43 minutes.the game was 265.00 buy in" what's the chances that they are not rigged?
ever since PLO became more popular, all the online poker site's make the boards pair between 70 and 80% of the time. skill and pot odds are out the window with that happening.
there is a site a I tried yesterday, it's a new one, but I can't say on here because ACR I think has a lot to do with this crazy Liberal driven site.
But I say, just play freerolls, and never gamble with money that you hold dear to your heart. Good luck. and remember, you're not alone in what's you thinking" I KNOW you are right in what you are talking about". Peace..and good luck in the future

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you", I have had the same thing happen to me, over and over again.
ACR had done the same thing to me for over 2 yrs. now. I played solid, made about 1k the first 3 wks there, but after that, it's been the same bs you have just mentioned. I made a deposit at global poker for 20.00 and ran my account up to around 160.00 and then got drained down to 108.00 I stopped playing money games and now only play freerolls and the same thing happens to me. at ACR in 2018 I won a MDS Ticket ( Million Dollar sunday game, they didn't honor it, they said they had no record of it, I played a freeroll and took 1st out of 1780 people, but they had no record of it.
I then later won a second won with over 2800 people and got to fold until I was out of chips, but here is the biggest kicker to prove to me that it's rigged. I played that MDS for an hr and 43 minutes, only had 1 playable hand, and everyone on my table, except for 1 other person was sitting out the entire time I was playing. every hand was 10 2 72 93 43 52 maybe J3 K2 and 90% of the times that I folded, the other player who was playing showed his cards to me, almost like he was wanting me to know that I was being screwed, showing me time after time, AA AK AQ AJ QQ JJ KJ A 10 A 8 for 33 minutes, I didn't even get 1 face card. when I folded down to my last bb and a half, I got K 3 and shoved, he called me with KQ and the game was over when he hit his Q. and as soon as I was knocked out of the game, all the other players started playing at the same time, with very low chip stacks, like under 1k, and they all started at the same time, all of them were sitting out for 1 hr and 43 minutes.the game was 265.00 buy in" what's the chances that they are not rigged?
ever since PLO became more popular, all the online poker site's make the boards pair between 70 and 80% of the time. skill and pot odds are out the window with that happening.
there is a site a I tried yesterday, it's a new one, but I can't say on here because ACR I think has a lot to do with this crazy Liberal driven site.
But I say, just play freerolls, and never gamble with money that you hold dear to your heart. Good luck. and remember, you're not alone in what's you thinking" I KNOW you are right in what you are talking about". Peace..and good luck in the future

You’d hope acr has something to do with this site, as they can use it to learn a thing or two. It would be sad to see poker owners burn in hell for stealing people’s money. Let’s hope that’s not going on.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been back on my poker adventure now for about a week and the first couple days started off nice and like usual I played my solid patient game and gained some good winnings, after that the following few days were straight hell, as if I was playing rigged poker.
...So, you went on a nice heater and then a downswing, seems pretty standard.

But when you win, everything is all fine and dandy, but when you lose, the site must be rigged? Ok...

I couldn’t get hands and when I did they lost every time, I can definitely feel the difference between when I feel it’s possible to win and when it’s not, and I think they have some accounts set to drain, well lots of accounts. Should I give up on my adventure, should I go try America’s Cardroom, or you think I’ll get the same bs there?
...Did your big hands really lose all the time? Are you running some type of tracker or anything? I'm not calling you a liar but, unless you're running some type of tracker, you might be a bit results biased.

Could you expect the same 'bs' on ACR? Well, if you mean you're likely going to go on a downswing and hit the bad end of variance eventually, then yes, you can expect the same 'bs'. It's going to happen on all sites and if you can't handle that, maybe a poker adventure just isn't for you.

I’m good at the game and it seems it’s always the same with these USA poker sites. Very greedy for money as there player numbers are low right? Figure it out right? Well anyways good luck all. Hope you stay winning. And avoid the tilt or drain.
...You're good, but you don't understand downswings or variance, and you automatically think a site is rigged when you're on the bad end of it? Ok.

Not questioning your skill level, though. I'm sure you're 100x better than I am, no doubt. But even a weak player like myself understands standard and inevitable downswings without needing to claim 'rigged!'.
Above.

How did you bust your BR? It's extremely unfortunate to do so and I've been there as well, so I know what that's like. But did you do anything to try and prevent from happening? Maybe some BR conservation by moving down in stakes or playing games with less variance?

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny how the downswings always last 4x plus longer then the upswings huh LOL

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Play those for a couple of tables and at different poker rooms. This will increase the chances of a good hand.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No freerolls or disposable money to deposit or just not feeling it mentally rest and recuperation is an option.
Am down some money to my own fault though:laugh: chasing a 30k bankroll boost and putting most of the roll in a $109 event busting with a better preflop hand not the end of the world though I will be back later no rush or pressure.
Great performing poker site without the many technical issues I am experiencing on other poker sites to be honest also.:)
mods-will-be-back-soon-stop-making-these-memes-they-58013560.png

Last edited by a moderator:
kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, if you constantly lose, or learn to play free rolls, watch the video, read those develop.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't give up man.
there really is this variance in any poker application.
If you think you're good and try to make all the right decisions, there's no reason to stop now. keep walking

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep bc they definitely spread quarter tourneys......

May not spread quarter turnys but they definitely dont spread the bad beats like online. you can play for months live and not see what you will see in 1 sng. dam sure isnt cause of the speed of the game when for months youll see thousands of hands vrs 100 or less in a sng?

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a week of losing gets you to the point of quitting, then maybe you should :) Or, get properly bankrolled, find a game where you think you have some sort of edge, play it a lot (e.g. 100k hands for cash tables) and then evaluate.