Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bought in for 100$ at .50/1$ nl online.
Made it 650 after 6 hours at table,
Got KK ran into AA.
Went home with 50 bucks.
Not everyone can handle this unless you gus hansen or viktor blom.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. I really think cash game you have to set s goal and leave once achieved. I seem to always lose after getting ahead a decent amount and wish I had left. Starting with 100 I'd probably say once I hit 300 I'd leave. Also odd you say you "went home with 50" when you say it was online?lol

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. I really think cash game you have to set s goal and leave once achieved. I seem to always lose after getting ahead a decent amount and wish I had left. Starting with 100 I'd probably say once I hit 300 I'd leave. Also odd you say you "went home with 50" when you say it was online?lol
Lost huge amount mate.
Couldnt smell the AA always happens when i have KK

mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Results orientated at its worst. Poker is not gambling so you don't think of it over what you walked in/walked out with over one session you just make sure you are making the correct +EV decisions in all spots....

Don't think about the fact that you lost $100 think about the fact that you obviusly have some skill because you ran it up like you did.

Maybe your playing too high, when I was younger if I had $100 id go play $100 buy in cash thinking I was good enough not realising just how variance works you can be a 99% chance to win and still lose..

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Results orientated at its worst. Poker is not gambling so you don't think of it over what you walked in/walked out with over one session you just make sure you are making the correct +EV decisions in all spots....

Don't think about the fact that you lost $100 think about the fact that you obviusly have some skill because you ran it up like you did.

Maybe your playing too high, when I was younger if I had $100 id go play $100 buy in cash thinking I was good enough not realising just how variance works you can be a 99% chance to win and still lose..
Nope.
I have deep bankroll for limit i play.
I play only .50/1$ with 8000 bankroll.
But i have lost atleast 9000 bucks just by variance of the game in 1 year.
From last year i am not increasing or not losing.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Life is one long session - you will be on the receiving end of KK vs AA just as many times as it happens to you (even if it doesn't feel that way now).

Folding second-best hands where your opponents would call and skillfully winning more (with value bets and bluffs your opponents would not make) are good examples of where profit can often be accumulated.

Good luck!

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life is one long session - you will be on the receiving end of KK vs AA just as many times as it happens to you (even if it doesn't feel that way now).

Actually there is no guaranteed that he will be in those situations as much as his KK running against AA because good and great players sometimes lay down their KK.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Very well said.

Bought in for 100$ at .50/1$ nl online.
Made it 650 after 6 hours at table,
Got KK ran into AA.
Went home with 50 bucks.
Not everyone can handle this unless you gus hansen or viktor blom.

It happens. However online we can often leave with winnings and find a new table or re-sit quickly. So like others said, maybe next time consider leaving a table if you're up quite a bit. Sure you could win/loss more or less the next hand or the next day or next year and it's silly to think about short term results...but at same time say you take that $650 off table, come back with $100 fresh, you'd have to rebuy 5 more times to lose the rest of that profit and even then it doesn't matter but for mental game it might feel less tilting.

Nope.
I have deep bankroll for limit i play.
I play only .50/1$ with 8000 bankroll.
But i have lost atleast 9000 bucks just by variance of the game in 1 year.
From last year i am not increasing or not losing.

I hope you lost the $9,000+ at higher stakes and eventually moved down? If you lost 90 buy ins in a year at $100NL and didn't eventually recoup most of them then you're probably playing too high for your skill level. Now if you lost them at much higher stakes and moved down to your very conservative 80BI BRM that's a different story because if you were playing like 1kNL then 9k I imagine isn't much of a loss.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually there is no guaranteed that he will be in those situations as much as his KK running against AA because good and great players sometimes lay down their KK.

Wish I had thought of that... almost as if it was the 2nd part of my post that you didn't quote. :D

For the record all players WILL have KK vs AA about the same percentage of the time in the long-run - if your opponents are more skillful than you and lose less by folding (or flatting at some point for that matter), that is why they make more profit, no?

And no, I don't think putting 600BB's in preflop with KK is a good play against most players at these levels (as is implied without a hand history) - what does your opponent have? 'Correct play' is very different this deep.

Good luck!

S

subsinind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This aint shit.

In live 1/2, have 450 and go all in WITH AA and a guy calls with 58s. Guess what? I lost to a boat. This is what shit is like.

Lesson: Don't gamble with what you can't lose. Get out.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very well said.

It happens. However online we can often leave with winnings and find a new table or re-sit quickly. So like others said, maybe next time consider leaving a table if you're up quite a bit. Sure you could win/loss more or less the next hand or the next day or next year and it's silly to think about short term results...but at same time say you take that $650 off table, come back with $100 fresh, you'd have to rebuy 5 more times to lose the rest of that profit and even then it doesn't matter but for mental game it might feel less tilting.

I hope you lost the $9,000+ at higher stakes and eventually moved down? If you lost 90 buy ins in a year at $100NL and didn't eventually recoup most of them then you're probably playing too high for your skill level. Now if you lost them at much higher stakes and moved down to your very conservative 80BI BRM that's a different story because if you were playing like 1kNL then 9k I imagine isn't much of a loss.
It was all part of 10 months losing streak.
I used to win 1000 one week.
Loose 1000 another.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the cache game needs to be very cautious, I lost many times with KK and QQ against AA, but I did not play at rates of 0.50-1 dollars, the biggest for me were the rates of 0.10-0.25 cents, yes in Cache game is dangerous to play at big bets if not 100% sure!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wish I had thought of that... almost as if it was the 2nd part of my post that you didn't quote. :D

For the record all players WILL have KK vs AA about the same percentage of the time in the long-run - if your opponents are more skillful than you and lose less by folding (or flatting at some point for that matter), that is why they make more profit, no?

And no, I don't think putting 600BB's in preflop with KK is a good play against most players at these levels (as is implied without a hand history) - what does your opponent have? 'Correct play' is very different this deep.

Good luck!
Not even ivey would fold if you flop set of kings and your opponent turns a set of aces on dry board!

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's on line poker , after deposit to attract you programm help you and you win then takes all your money for next deposit , it's how to work online poker

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed, set over set is going to be a problem!

I'd suggest taking a little more time in future original posts to include all the correct basic hand info - otherwise people assume and get things wrong. :)