RNG certificates

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets share our information if you have some. Specially on the sites your playing on.

As I'm looking for info on rng I'm finding it difficult to pull up the certificates. What accual testing that was done. Smaller the site seems harder to find. The few i was able to pull up i found interesting. The ones in unregulated areas all seem to use itech labs.

Also trying to get certificate of regulated wsop i found it interesting that the certificate found there rng to be 95% confidence level.. Is that still considered random. I would love to know what the 5% reflected?

"Recognized statistical and mathematical tests were performed in line with the requirements stipulated in the regulations of online gambling jurisdictions, and included tests for probability (to ensure the expected number of occurrences), randomness (so that one cannot predict the following occurrence with any degree of certainty) and uniformity (to determine that each possible outcome is equally likely over the long-term). The acceptance criteria for the statistical tests is a pass at a 95% confidence level."

Poker stars uses light reflecting as a rng source including the software. Does the light move or does the reflector move? If nothing moves what really changes? Some light gets through some doesn't? How is that? The more i listen how legit rng are the harder it is to be convinced when you look into them. Read there own words off there site.

The Random Number Generator

One of the great challenges in generating a truly random number is that computers are logical, process-led machines, and so any series of numbers produced solely by a computer can never be truly random.

Add what ever you like. As i find more i will add. The more i look into how testing is done for certification the more i worry. Feel free to give your opinion. Even the loyalist and site reps are welcome in this conversation.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would suggest not to get too bogged down in the theory of how each RNG works and focus more on the outcomes part of it. What outcomes and occurences are being measured and determined to be random or not? What is classified as an outcome and what is classified as an occurrence? What is required according to the regulations for online gaming jurisdictions? There is a lot of technical and statistical jargon that you will need to break down into terms anyone can understand, so it is going to be a challenge.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest not to get too bogged down in the theory of how each RNG works and focus more on the outcomes part of it. What outcomes and occurences are being measured and determined to be random or not? What is classified as an outcome and what is classified as an occurrence? What is required according to the regulations for online gaming jurisdictions? There is a lot of technical and statistical jargon that you will need to break down into terms anyone can understand, so it is going to be a challenge.

I do enjoy your witty conversations. I would like to know everything about it. To understand the outcome you have to understand the process. I was once that person that went to the back of my math book to look at answers. But it did no good if i didn't understand how i got there. But it showed on those test when i didn't have a clue.

I just want to understand is all. I have 55 years of live play and feel lost online. More on some sites than others but I'm also narrowed down to unregulated sites. But would that matter? I dont know. I left the door for any information.

SydPaul

SydPaul

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I’ve been playing this App for years. I can say from experience that hands aren’t always random. I’ll get the same hands twice in a row. Or I’ll be playing 2 games at the same time and receive the same hands? I’d love to know the statistical chances of that occurring irl. Because I’ve been so skeptical, ya girl has got some screen shots saved. In fact I have proof of being delt a Queen/8 4 times within 20-30 minutes. I’ve done the research on whether or not these things can be audited. Their certification is issued by i tech labs, a company that does not promote user issues, but instead only reiterates their authenticity by being rng certified. I wish a proper rng audit can be issued. One that comes from a 3rd party not invested in the profit of the app.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’ll get the same hands twice in a row. Or I’ll be playing 2 games at the same time and receive the same hands? I’d love to know the statistical chances of that occurring irl.
This is actually simpler to do than you think, but you would have to set some parameters in terms of whether you are just looking at yourself or also counting other players sitting at a table. It changes the probability calculations a bit.
In fact I have proof of being delt a Queen/8 4 times within 20-30 minutes.
So, the chances of one person being dealt Q8 is (4/52)*(4/51)*100% or 0.6%. That's the same as being dealt any particular hand where 4 cards are available for each rank Q,K,etc.

How unlikely is it to be dealt the same hand 8 times over 20-30 minutes? That becomes a question of volume and how many hands have been played. And it also becomes a question of whether a single person's volume must somehow be evenly distributed with what hands are dealt to them in a particular period of time versus the rest of the population.

There's no hard rule of how many times you should see a particular hand over a particular period of time, if everything is in fact random. Just like you want to see aces about once every 200 hands BUT you might not see that because there are a whole bunch of other players out there that may be getting the aces in a small window of time that you are counting.

It's only supposed to even out on a much larger scale that you can't possibly count yourself but would be trackable by software.
I wish a proper rng audit can be issued. One that comes from a 3rd party not invested in the profit of the app.
We're never going to get this as long as people trust the rooms enough to keep playing with the levels of certification that are in place today. Sites will do the minimum to keep things fair enough that players keep playing there.