thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of the first sites online I ever played was Red Light Poker (maybe 2006). They had freerolls on Tuesday and Thursday (one each). You could register like a week ahead, which would leave numerous "dead" players for the first 20 minutes. Often you would start at a table with only one (or none) live players.

The bi-weekly freerolls paid out $500, with top dog getting $125 if my memory serves. They would regularly seat under 200 players. I loved that site.

Red Light Poker also had real money tables, and I often took my winnings over to the cash side and played. Never made a deposit. They sent me a couple checks before they went under, the biggest was $1600. I've never found a site as good.

Baba Orielly

Baba Orielly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Baba Orielly

I don't remember that site, but I to play for the fun of playing. I'm amazed at how many play even though it makes them very angry. I started on Full tilt, for the free rolls. When they were shut down they took my winnings with them.The next site I played on was bought out, and they also took my winnings. I'm now on Americas card room. They used to play $10 freerolls all day, now I see very few. I still play on it , they have very low buy in games. And SwC is a favorite site of mine for the big variety of games there. Good Luck!