Rake - Very Important - Us vs Them

SSorin18

SSorin18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, let's organise ourselves as well as we can do to have the best results we can have against the biggest enemy from the poker tables,which is not -the other player(s)- but the RAKE.

I'll keep on editing the 1st post so that everyone can find the most important infos easily.Or it'd be even better if one admin would create another threat?..Eitherway.

Let's start with 3 things.

1) I kinda observed that on the overall, SNG rake is lower than the total rake taken on average at cashgames. Therefore we have more chances to be profitable on long term by playing SNG instead of Cash Games. - I'd also want us to use calculations to really prove the chances.
2) What are the lowest rake poker sites?
3)(2a) What are the lowest rake poker sites for minor stakes?

*Also,as an info for you : Depending on where and what you are playing,you are likely losing about half your profit on rakes,and this might as well be an optimistic case.
Ex : If you made for examples 2000$ profit in december,it's likely that you TOTAL profit was 4000$,but 2000$ was lost on rakes,therefore WON BY THE SITE. (current rakes are outrageous). With a lower rake you'd have increased your profits without winnig 1 more game,and you'd have lowered your 'breakeven' line.

Waiting for your replies,especially from the very well informed members.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker sites need rake to survive and pay for staff to develop and maintain the site, support customers and catch cheaters. But that being said I agree, that poker players should be savage customers. There is no need to play in overly raked games, that might be essentially unbeatable, or where you get very little play for your money.

In my opinion the best relation between rake, amount of play and winrate potential is found in MTTs. There are also big differences from site to site, and this is among the reasons, I play MTTs on 888 Poker rather than Stars. Cash game rake on the other hand is lower on Stars, so you need to check it out for the exact games, you are going to play. And of course rake-back or other reward programs also matter.

SSorin18

SSorin18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I observed that MTTs are having a lower rake on 888,that's why I'm playing there too. This should be an useful information for those playing MTTs on stars or others..
Let's get this thread to a more complete level,hopefully more people will join.

So : 1) What are the lowest rake sites ?
2) Can more of us post more numbers regarding the full spended rake on cash games,in comparizon to the SNGs(which are cheaper on overall) ?

X

xeromidas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually am playing on the Ipoker network, and the rake on the micro Sit&go is the 14% but they have a permanent ongoing promotion where they offer a 20%cash back every week, so i think that lower the rake and make it more profitable. But i think party poker has the lowest rake on micro games with a 11% or a 9% i cant recall