AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I noticed that some poker rooms take a rake even when the plots get split.
So you wouldn't get back all your money when you and another player has the same hand, the house still takes its cut from you...
Instead of getting back your money, you deal with nothing won/nothing lost situation, the house actually took about 5% of your money...

What do you think about this? :)

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some poker rooms? Tell me a room that doesn't do that and I'll go right away!

It's a sad situation for both players that we should avoid. I just call when I suspect a possible split pot so sites don't get rake from me easilly.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Yanko that it is not a good idea as players to bloat the pot on the river where it is clear that it is a split pot.
Although it is not great for the player to win/split a pot and lose money, every cardroom and site I have played rakes the hand.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's shi*, let's see what happen with Run It Once, I hope to finally find a honest Poker Room.

T

The Cannon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just happened on Global Poker. (.1/.2)
Pot Limit Omaha

Me SC17.74 on button - 3c2c10s9d
Player X SC19.80 from SB - 9c7s6c10d

Folds around to me on button. Limp .2, SB calls .1, BB checks. Pot .6

Flop Jc8c6h
I flop OESD / flush
SB flops multiple OESD / flush

Checks around to me so open to .4, SB calls .4, BB folds. Pot 1.4

Turn 5d
Now I have OESD, gutter, and flush.
SB has straight plus better draw/flush.

SB leads out Pot 1.4, I call 1.4. Pot 4.2

River Qh giving us both nut straight.

SB leads out Pot 4.2, I mid raise to 9.74, SB jams 17.8, I call off remaining 6.

We split but rake took .79 from me, .79 from SB and .2 from BB for total of 1.78.

No one gained but site raked in 8.9bbs. Thanks for playing. :mad:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately I think all poker rooms take rake in that type of situation :(
When I play omaha and it's obvious that me and the other player have the same hand, I try to not bet a large amount to reduce the rake.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you play in private home games, rake is an unavoidable part of poker. And there are plenty of other situations than split pots, where you pay without having any edge. Like AA going all in preflop against KK, set over set on the flop etc. These are all a wash in the long run, but you pay the rake, and therefore they cost you money.

The only solution is to play on sites with a reasonable rake and/or a good reward program, and to select soft tables. If you are on a 6-max table with 5 solid regs, then just sit out and leave. Every intelligent poker player does this, because we know, that if we dont, we get killed by the rake, especially in micro and low stakes games.