C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sup?:cool:
I found a thread on a blog. The main idea was "online poker is dying/dead".
I do understand that a lot has changed since the time US can be on PS (and PS beng the largest) but from what I've seen there are still a lot of players.
I can not find much info on how many active palyers there was before, but if this is correct it was about the same, yes less, but I mean it's not like US a small country in the first place the drop is about ~60K
With possible inclusion of india and maybe US later I would think that online poker is doing pretty fine.
Did they mean that only micro/low limits are being played and mid/high are too dry/dead? In the evening ussualy there are a lot of players gring 1/2-3/6$? ussualy there are a few full 25/50$ tables(8 at the moment of writing this)
I hear a lot about the "golden era" of online poker was there realy that many players grindg 1/2$+ stakes?
Could you give some info or your oppinions on this?
thanks

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PS dying. Need to save it. It's really that bad.

M

Marx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.. the US is a huge market for poker that is now sidelined , that's gotta hurt , also for ps specifically they have new owners who have made changes many who can still play there are unhappy with , the cash games have dropped off over 50% from where they were at their height .. some of that is the large US market and some is the changes they made .. but ya it awesome back in the day ;)

mm maksik

mm maksik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Earlier in the SS it was approximately 60,000. as well as on the FTP. the game was completely different ... it is simply incomparable