Possibly good news!!! Cereus (UB/Absolute Poker) sold to Blanca Games

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Possibly good news!!! Cereus Poker Network (UB/Absolute Poker) sold to Blanca Games

http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/blanca-games-acquires-cereus-poker-network-15027/

Maybe getting rid of this horrible ownership group will help put the terrible scandals further behind Ultimatebet/Absolute Poker and gives a chance for a competent owner to get this site moving to the potential it had when it first started operating in 1999.

Would love to see a poker site give reasonable competition to Full Tilt. Maybe CC will eventually start up the FRs again.

Last edited:
AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree. This network needs a lot more attention. I would like to see it catching pokerstars and Full Tillt up. :D

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
ITs weird, I really like UB as it seems really comfy to play there, but I dont do very well on that site. AP doesnt seem as comfy but I seem to do better when I play there. I play such low levels that if they need to see my whole cards to beat me, then thats really weak

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ownership of that network has been far too shady for far too long for me to ever trust it.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, Cereusly?

Oh and lol

Commenting on Blanca's priorities for Cereus going forward, Mr. Gordon added: "We intend to leverage the existing strengths of the Cereus Poker Network, particularly in the areas of security"

Last edited:
M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was hoping it would be dismantled, but ok, new ownership.

anybody can do better than the last ppl running that . . .

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those who would like a pretty good history of the sites that make up Cereus I have placed links for both below. These seem to be pretty accurate and better than a lot of the half-truth and mis-informed posts made by people on most forums.

UltimateBet (UB) History

AbsolutePoker (AP) History

And, I guess 2 year is far too long for some people. And, when AP/UB are 1-2 years into it's 2nd ownership group since the scandals, I'm sure this group will get nailed by people re-posting "news" from 3-4 years ago and complaining how horrible AP/UB is.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It maybe too little too late to help salvage and save Cereus network.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they have new owners I see no reason why the new owners shouldn't be given the same opportunity as any other site.

I will still play there that is for sure.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll give it a try (once again) - at least in the coming OFC.

My 200$ BR on UB is lying pretty idle anyway.

A

arrytus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UB changing ownership AGAIN

So Ultimate Bet is changing its ownership again... and as the internet is not well regulated in terms of slander I imagine many people harbor some suspicions... But I will elide all that presently and attempt a more droll perspective:

Doesn't this constant switching of ownership every few months remind one of a lover of questionable character, whom perhaps seems so attractive to be with but you cannot stand to be involved with once you have attainted?

I mean there must be something behind the scenes which the owners realize and figure that the site is not that profitable or worthwhile versus the risks or time, etcetera...

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll reserve judgement for now. If I were a betting man(and I am), I would give them 2-4 months before the first scandal appears under the new ownership. Well, I guess I didn't reserve judgement after all.

A

arrytus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
except now we have to worry about new super-users- testing their moral mettle versus avarice, and old super-users from spurned employees out the door, and more surreptitious activities, and cronyism, etcetera. ah well, i only play for fun anyway. but it would be more fun if the odds actually held up.

larrdawg69

larrdawg69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I refuse to play poker at these sites until CC gives the okay. I trust your decision on this matter. Just hope it gets better soon so we can play some poker.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So does anyone have 100% prof that there are no super users at Pokerstars, FTP or any of the other sites.If so I would love to see this proof.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So does anyone have 100% prof that there are no super users at Pokerstars, FTP or any of the other sites.If so I would love to see this proof.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope this site improves again. I used to play regularly there at the low stakes. Rarely played when it was Cereus owned. Was just not that fun. Would certainly give it another go.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned to play at ub. But it gives you woped playing style. Playing against, Bots, cheats, Collaberators. Guess if you can Win there you can win anywheres.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Onemorechance.....so no? then you dont have proof ? Just a silly picture? Are we adults here or what. I am asking for proof that Pokerstars or any other site for that matter does not ave any employees with superuser access?

UB got caught but to be honest can they really be the only ones?

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Onemorechance.....so no? then you dont have proof ? Just a silly picture? Are we adults here or what. I am asking for proof that Pokerstars or any other site for that matter does not ave any employees with superuser access?

Ultimatebet got caught but to be honest can they really be the only ones?

Can't say you would ever find any proof ... but following the various forums there are always articles about Stars, Tilt and a few other sites discovering ... and frequently announcing openly ... that they uncovered player cheating schemes of one sort or another ... and refunded player money.

What made most folks the most upset was UB/AP's initial responses after being investigated was that all was well with the world and the accusers were in error. They were squeaky clean. Then the proof that it was true about the scams came out.

With the amount of money being played on PS and Tilt, you can bet there are many players and groups watching the action closely on those sites. In that case, more to the point is that AP and UB have numerous proven incidents of corporate and financial indiscretions ... but there is no proof that there has been such happenings at the other sites. When and if that happens, it will create as big a scandal (or bigger) than has happened at the other Cereus sites.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I happen to quite like that silly picture and thought it was an appropriate response

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know what's really sad about this? That they were able to find a buyer.

Their brand equity ought to be in the toilet and they can't have much in the way of physical assets to chop up. About the only valuble asset they'd have on their books is their contracts with Phil Hellmuth and Annie Duke.

Which brings us to the sad part: what they're really paying for is the network's player base... which means there's still more than enough players there to make it worth buying. After all the cheating scandals, controversy and other issues people are still playing there. Why is that?!?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

On a serious note: if it's happening (and that's a very big if, FWIW) it's not on anything like the scale of the UB case. It simply couldn't be without someone noticing. The online poker community simply has too many nerds with the time and tools available to them to identify it - remember that it was the players that found and proved it on UB.

Plus the major sites have a tidy, multi-squillion dollar business already sewn up. They wouldn't want a scandal like that threatening their profits so it's safe to assume they're extra vigilant about their security.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nevada and Oz...I agree. I hope it isn't goingonat the other sites. If what you say is true and the poker community is still watching closely then I imagine if it happens with new owners they will catch it again. I will the go and enter a sit n go fir the remainder of my br and be done with it.

J

jcsaint

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope the change of ownership helps their image... I left UB after the big scandal...

Top 10 Games