Pokerstar Zoom

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After playing this for a few days I am totally convinced that this is rigged and set up to generate as much rake for the site as possible. In fact if it weren't for the cash out feature I would have lost a lot of money.

I am talking of all the occasions where I have got my money in good. On each occasion I have chosen to cash out for a reduced amount from the pot. Some people say this is a stupid thing to do. However yesterday I found myself all in with AA 4 times and would have lost ALL 4. 3 times out of 4 I had KK the opponent had AA (and would take the pot). I had my flopped full house beaten by a STRAIGHT FLUSH on the river, only 1 of the suit was flopped.

Bear in mind this is 6 handed tables not full ring. The number of AA vs KK vs JJ I've seen is unreal.

No way is this genuine.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During a single poker session lots of unlikely things can happen, and it really is just variance. Also I dont think, there is a particular RNG for Zoom games on Stars. The real issue with Zoom is, that the games tend to play overly tight, which makes it difficult to beat the rake in the long run. For this reason I personally dont play Zoom very often.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
full house vs. straight flush is variance? sure not
I don't know why when I click "observer" in a zoom table, every hand I see is a "cooler" or "bad beat", look the first hand I saw righ now while I write that. when I click "observer":
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024v34pTx

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I´ve played this type of game
But I play only when not in a tourney or when i have little time to spare
Not as a regular game
Also, you must be prepared to lose a certain amount of $
Otherwise i do not like zoom games
Rgds

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
full house vs. straight flush is variance? sure not
I don't know why when I click "observer" in a zoom table, every hand I see is a "cooler" or "bad beat", look the first hand I saw righ now while I write that. when I click "observer":

UTG dont have to lose all his money in that hand. TT is not exactly the nuts on a 664 rainbow board in a 3-bet pot. He made a big donk bet into the preflop 3-better, which is pretty bad, and then called off a jam, which is also pretty bad. He should have check-called flop and then made some decisions later, if BTN continued to fire at the pot. Winners focus on making the right decisions, losers speculate, that the poker site is rigged :D:D:D

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
UTG dont have to lose all his money in that hand. TT is not exactly the nuts on a 664 rainbow board in a 3-bet pot. He made a big donk bet into the preflop 3-better, which is pretty bad, and then called off a jam, which is also pretty bad. He should have check-called flop and then made some decisions later, if BTN continued to fire at the pot. Winners focus on making the right decisions, losers speculate, that the poker site is rigged :D:D:D

this hand is a example, you really thinks is variance? Denmark have a lot of money too...
open another "observer" right now you will see other "loser" losing money in this type of hand. 80%+ of poker players are losers man, even they make right decisions, be winner is relative.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
this hand is a example, you really thinks is variance? Denmark have a lot of money too...
open another "observer" right now you will see other "loser" losing money in this type of hand. 80%+ of poker players are losers man, even they make right decisions, be winner is relative.

I've observed a few hands in ZooM.... it is the same as FastForward, SPEED, etc. I've played over 3 million hands in this format. The notion that the RNG is rigged for this particular format is very laughable.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've observed a few hands in ZooM.... it is the same as FastForward, SPEED, etc. I've played over 3 million hands in this format. The notion that the RNG is rigged for this particular format is very laughable.

keep putting your money in that so... I really don't care about this discuss....laugh now....post a bad beat later....I wouldn't waste my time answering an answer ... I forgot you have 19K comments....

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Zoom players tend to play more hands per hour, and therefore pay more rake. So poker sites dont really need to rig that particular game to create action and earn rake. But this debate will continue to the end of time, and some people will just never be convinced :)

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not understand why this example. Here is clearly a minus game for both opponents. We got a pair of 10 10 or a pair of JJ, there are no Broadway cards on the flop - that means in all-in. After all, opa has exactly AK or AQ.
Here the range is: KK +, and with 1010 it is correct to fold.
Calling all-in is a bad decision on the flop.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's rigged, but Zoom games are pretty much the only variation of poker that I don't play anymore. I just can't figure out a winning strategy.

Poker_Player77

Poker_Player77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find things like that happen in pokerstars more than any other site in general! As far as just coming up against other big pairs more often in zoom...I do find that too, but chalked it up to people waiting for these hands to play. I find it easier to fold hands I might otherwise chose to play on a regular table, just because it's faster to get the next hand. 🤷*♀️

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, you will never know what you are doing in this kind of tournaments, it is like playing blindfold and sometimes they ake the illusion that you are winning and then BAm you are out, personally, I hate these tournaments and I played some because I didn't notice they were Zoom just when I started playing them haha. Regards.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have also sometimes had the feeling, that coolers are more common in Zoom poker. I think, it is due to the same reason, that live players often have that feeling, when they move online: More hands per hour.

When I played Zoom, I typically played 2 tables at a time, while I was alternatively playing 4 regular full ring tables. And to keep the load on my brain on the same level, it should actually only have been 1 Zoom table. In top of that stacks are often deeper in Zoom games, which mean, that coolers can be for a larger amount of money and therefore more painful.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, you will never know what you are doing in this kind of tournaments, it is like playing blindfold and sometimes they ake the illusion that you are winning and then BAm you are out, personally, I hate these tournaments and I played some because I didn't notice they were Zoom just when I started playing them haha. Regards.

I think, OP and everyone else are talking about Zoom cash games. For tournaments it is an advantage, that you get to play more hands, before the blinds go up, but Zoom tournaments dont seem to be all that popular.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
keep putting your money in that so... I really don't care about this discuss....laugh now....post a bad beat later....I wouldn't waste my time answering an answer ... I forgot you have 19K comments....

What did you just do then here ^ lol
I don't mind paying the rake to play ZooM format... I'm able to stay ahead of it so it doesn't even feel like I'm putting money in. Weird :confused:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think it's rigged, but Zoom games are pretty much the only variation of poker that I don't play anymore. I just can't figure out a winning strategy.

I believe it's tougher format to play as the regs. are very aggressive and there's a large percentage of good players in the pool.... and maybe not quite as easy to know who they are until you put in a bunch of hands. (I used to typically insta-note all other players who were also 4-tabling it... although not always an indication they are a reg. or even good... but it's the first sign that they might be. Recently they`ve changed the lobby so you can`t tell how many tables they are on... still have my notes though).

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah i thought it was my error in client that changed, it was so helpful when you could look in the lobby and see how many tables they were on i have been trying to figure out how to get it back for months but it was super helpful to combat 4 table regs.

I believe it's tougher format to play as the regs. are very aggressive and there's a large percentage of good players in the pool.... and maybe not quite as easy to know who they are until you put in a bunch of hands. (I used to typically insta-note all other players who were also 4-tabling it... although not always an indication they are a reg. or even good... but it's the first sign that they might be. Recently they`ve changed the lobby so you can`t tell how many tables they are on... still have my notes though).

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are using a HUD, you will pick up data on the regulars, which will at least allow you to identify them as a regular. For me the bigger issue is, you often dont get a large enough sample to identify the fish. If you play with a fish for an hour in a Zoom game, that is only 2-3 hands, if there are 500 players in the pool, and then you might never see him again. So you are often forced to treat fish like unknowns and take standard lines against them.

And of course you have no individual reads on anyone. It is possible to use that information gap to your advantage by doing super unbalanced things like staggering your bet sizes, because nobody know, what your "normal" bet size is. But on balance I think, many skill edges are lost in Zoom poker.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you to play regular tables with a good selection, sit in a position on the fish and get a profit.
Zoom is usually a near-zero distance game.