Pokerstar terms

Walttinho

Walttinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello forum friends, yesterday I came across something that left me with a lot of doubt, when looking at the list of participants of the pokerstars Sunday Million, I noticed that some users used more than one account (I believe it is) I noticed this when I saw that username via followed by "[#]". Then I thought a few years ago I had a banned PokerStars account for saying it hurt the terms. I was a while without playing I'm coming back now and come across it .... I mean you can now have more than one user account and still registered in the same tournament?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not legally.

"5.13 CONCURRENT LOGINS. The Stars Group strictly prohibits a User to be logged in to more than one account within the same player pool (i.e. at the same poker table or in the same tournament) at the same time, whether any play activity occurs on any such account or not. The Stars Group shall have the right to terminate a User's account and may confiscate funds held in such account if a User engages or attempts to engage in any such activity, regardless of the outcome of such attempt."

https://www.pokerstars.com/tos/

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it is for the time being. They then will freeze uchetku. And the money will not be returned, because they cheated. So you'd better not. Personally, I do not consider it cheating to create multiple accounts, but at least 100. It does not give any privileges.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it is for the time being. They then will freeze uchetku. And the money will not be returned, because they cheated. So you'd better not. Personally, I do not consider it cheating to create multiple accounts, but at least 100. It does not give any privileges.

It's harder to track multiple account of a person among all accounts for cheating practices involving playing on same tournament, playing cash games against each other (not going all in) etc. Imagine this picture for every person who has more than 1 account. This will become unmanageable task for PS or any host.So I prefer to have such rule which protects fair players.

Walttinho

Walttinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's harder to track multiple account of a person among all accounts for cheating practices involving playing on same tournament, playing cash games against each other (not going all in) etc. Imagine this picture for every person who has more than 1 account. This will become unmanageable task for PS or any host.So I prefer to have such rule which protects fair players.
You're right, it makes it unfair for the guy to know two or more hands at a table, I know it's hard to control the creation of more accounts. I think they could adopt the reporting system and the reported account if it does not validate the documentation would be deleted.