Poker software showing mucked hands

S

spookah123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else think this is really unfair?

S

Smiley2288

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes cards shouldnt be shown unless u choose to show or the other player pays to see

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This information is available in all the hand historys. If you went to showdown on a hand than technically anyone dealt in that hand has the right.

From wiki "Any player who has been dealt in may request to see any hand that is eligible to participate in the showdown, even if the hand has been mucked."

Roberts Rules of Poker 11 - The Showdown "5. Any player who has been dealt in may request to see any hand that was eligible to participate in the showdown, even if the opponent's hand or the winning hand has been mucked. However, this is a privilege that may be revoked if abused. If a player other than the pot winner asks to see a hand that has been folded, that hand is dead. If the winning player asks to see a losing player’s hand, both hands are live, and the best hand wins."

Last edited:
J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who involved in a showdown hand had the right to see the mucked hand .

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At pokerstars if I am dealt in a hand I can see every mucked hand which went to showdown.
I almost always check back what people called with.

S

saczek1991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
oooo.. its not fair situation in my opinion

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oooo.. its not fair situation in my opinion
Good thing your opinion doesn't matter. Stop losing at showdown and you won't have to worry about it. It's an actual written rule; deal with it. Besides, it's fair if all parties have the same privilege. What wouldn't be fair is if I got to see it because I have PT4 and you didn't because you didn't have that additional software, but all of the sites' HH's show the mucked hands from showdown. Some players believe HH's should show ALL players' hands so that they can go back and verify chip dumping, collusion, or the lack thereof.

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe its more than fair! Im not scared to show people my cards because my range is about average so im always going to have a decent hand! And just because I played a hand this way does not mean im going to play it the same way next time!

If all the cards got shown after each hand it would make it a much tougher and better game! But I am a tight player as to where a lag players would be in a bad situation!

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As somebody said, it is not unfair because everyone has access to them. I play on Bovada, and whenever I win a showdown and the other player mucks his cards, I always check the hand history to see what he had.

S

spookah123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At pokerstars if I am dealt in a hand I can see every mucked hand which went to showdown.
I almost always check back what people called with.

Hmm.. I do the opposite, checking back is a two way street. Your opponents all can see your cards and how you played your hand. I prefer to bet and them to fold so the whole table can't see how you played a specific hand, rather than to get information from a single opponent.

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm.. I do the opposite, checking back is a two way street. Your opponents all can see your cards and how you played your hand. I prefer to bet and them to fold so the whole table can't see how you played a specific hand, rather than to get information from a single opponent.

Half of your opponents don't know they can do it and the other half may not even know what to make of the knowledge. Also, I think they meant check the hand history, not check in the sense of the game action.

D

DoloBrolo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The information is readily available online and can be found without to much effort so I wouldn't really say it's unfair.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think you misunderstood what he was saying. I think he meant to say that he would go back and check the hand history to see what they were playing, not that he would check automatically on the river so that he could see their cards. I agree. If I think I've got the winning hand, I'm going to bet the river to try to squeeze more chips out of my opponent. I'm not going to decline to bet just because I want to see what the dude has.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure they meant 'check back what people called with'.

There also appears to be some confusion over what cards are shown. Only those in the hands that checked or called at the river are available to see, not all of them.
(although I have heard that players can get all hole cards on Bovada 24 hrs later).

Back to talking of checking or calling the river, occasionally I do for me to see the lags ranges and because they are unlikely to call further bets anyway.
Thus gaining the extra information whilst only giving away a hand that has showdown value.

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its fair, i do not mind showing my cards to anyone, they think they can figure me out by seeing my cards lol.

bsam

bsam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why I switch up my play either way so no one can really get a good read on you. But hey I wouldn't mind anyways it works both ways you can see theirs also so it's all good.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands