Poker Sites with Contributed Rakeback Requirement

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I receive rakeback on Absolute Poker. It requires you to contribute chips to the pot to receive rakeback(cash games). Other sites that require this are Carbon Poker, Minted Poker(Everleaf Network), and betfair(among other Non-US sites).

Other sites, like Full Tilt and Cake Poker, require that you only receive a hand to collect rakeback. I receive RB on Cake.

Playing a limit or pot/no limit hold'em game, which method would be more profitable(rake wise)?

In a stud game everyone contributes to the pot with an ante. So, both methods pay the same.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be careful, because on Absolute (and UB I think) antes do NOT count towards contributions to the pot. This, imo, is f'ing stupid.

I think it's also not just the type of game but also what you play, be it 6max, HU or FR. If you play FR obv then dealt is better. If you play a laggy 6max game, then contributed.

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IceMonkey9,

You are right, antes do not count towards contributions. It is at the bottom of the page with an * beside it.

Thank You

Keaton

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i finished clearing my ub bonus last month playing 7 stud hi/lo and every hand that was raked counted toward clearing the bonus as well as raise/ub points not sure about rakeback

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Youre style of play also is a factor to consider. If you are tight you want a room with dealt rake method. If you are agressive the best rake method is weighted contributed.