Poker room software

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing poker online and you are about to be dealt a card, is the software set to give you a card, as set. or are the cards randomly being mixed until the card is dealt? I ask because when I fold a hand that has a draw but the bet size is to big to call, after i have folded sometimes my card hits. Would the same card have hit if i had called???

B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the cat in the box alive or not?

As long as the output is verifiably random, does the algorithm that gets there change your decision in the hand?

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing poker online and you are about to be dealt a card, is the software set to give you a card, as set. or are the cards randomly being mixed until the card is dealt? I ask because when I fold a hand that has a draw but the bet size is to big to call, after i have folded sometimes my card hits. Would the same card have hit if i had called???

Hi. Which sites are you interested in? I think it may vary from site to site. Both ignition and the GG Poker Network offer rabbit hunting, which lets you look at what the next card would have been if action ends before the river...most other sites do not though.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so. Every thing is decided after the last action.

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perfect example just occurred. Pocket AA. After flop of J 10 6 he shoves and I call. Villian has J 4. 10 comes on turn and he wins with 2 pair. If I had called 1 second earlier or later would the same cards have come out on the board?

B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he shoves and I call.

Calling a post-flop shove with an overpair. Interesting. What was the SPR?

If I had called 1 second earlier or later would the same cards have come out on the board?

If a cosmic ray had passed through the server a microsecond earlier, could you have found a fold?

Last edited: