poker bots and card predictors

X

xtncx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive heard alot of stuff about poker pots and programs that predict the flop and other peoples hold cards. is there any truth to any of this? if im playin legit with my money on these sites and someone is running a program to get an unfair edge it just doesnt seem right. i dont see how it could be true since pros play on sites like full tilt and stuff. wouldnt they be the least bit worried playin high stakes if this was possible? what have you guys heard or know?

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok all the bots do is tell you bout odds of winning hnds v other possible hnds they are usefull but you can do everything they doo yourself they r pointless really and no no 1 has an edge because of a known bot

Just realised this my 500th post woooohoooo

Last edited:
Shoestringx

Shoestringx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well there are poker bots out there. But any sensible player can beat them. I read about a couple of poker bots a while back that were programs written by college students studying Math/Programming or some such area.
Basically they utilize Game Thoery mathmatics to try and come up with the "correct" play. But because of the shortcuts they have to take in the calculations due to time constraints they haven't been overly successful.

As far as a program that shows others hole cards or predicts the flop, I'm pretty sure none of these have been made, or if they have been then they are being used by whomever made them and they likely aren't sharing.

But when you are playing, these things should be the furthest thing from your mind, most likely the only being used against you is an odds calculator, and if you need a program to do that for you, then I'd love to have you at my table :D

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably sit at a table and wonder why someone doesn't chat at all, most think "bot" when another player doesn't type anything throughout the game, which isn't the case, the quiet player is sitting and taking notes on the other players betting patterns to get a better read on the table and if your the type of player that chats alot , then you will never know how the other players play certain cards if your not paying attention.
Try this for awhile, if your into ring games and your an average to good player, sit down at a table for a couple of hours and take $ from other players while not typing anything for the whole time your there and I could almost guarantee that someone will say that your a bot(I have been accused of being a bot a few times). It may not happen the first time you try this, it may take 2-5 days of play.
Sorry I'm rambling, my point is that there is no bot sitting at your table and if continue to think that there are bots out there then you will never improve your game if you need improvment........your game has improved already if your taking in all the advice we are offering you here, time for bed, hope these and the following responses help ease your mind.

Last edited:
mbutler007

mbutler007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I get the suspiscion that a bot is at a table is when a betting pattern makes very little sense. Yesterday I was in a tournament at Full Tilt. I had about 3000 in chips, the other guy had a little over 1000.
I had AQ so I raised to 400.
He reraised to 800, I called.
Flop missed me, but I was committed.
He bets 160, I raise to 295 putting him all in.
He folds leaving himself with 135 chips when there are over 2000 in the pot. He gets blinded out the next hand.

When things like that happen, I figure someone is possibly using a bot or some program telling them what to do. I love it, because moves like that make no sense at all to a person, but could to a badly written program.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots are very possible but nobody should ever use them because unless you are a programming genious you wont be able to make it effective enough to use. If you are the programming genious then you'll probably be making more profitable programs than 'poker bots'. For programs that show hole cards and stuff...those are all a scam and will never work on even the most generic poker site.

If you do happen to run across a bot you'll know it if your paying attention but it'll be the same as playing against a player that is very easy to read.

Passion_play

Passion_play

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think any good poker player would put their trust in a bot program for too long!

H

hustlenflow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was surfing around on the net one day and came accross a site where people could buy a bot! I couldnt believe it! It also told of a certain site that these bots were allowed to play at, which I had used to play on but kept having amazingly bad luck. Go figure. I dont know if i can name the site, but i will if i can. So i KNOW there are bots out there.
And i would just like to say that the people that actually use these should be ashamed of themselves as well as the site that lets them be used!!

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my point is that there is no bot sitting at your table and if continue to think that there are bots out there then you will never improve your game if you need improvment.........

As a software geek, I can tell you for a fact that a "bot" App that watches the card/bet info stream and posts window messages (i.e. button clicks) to the poker site app are indeed possible ....I truly believe I have played against a few on Titan/Nobel....but ONLY on limit games (which makes sense since the call/raise/fold logic is much simpler for limit)..... they are very,very predictable and therefore fairly easy to beat.
Ive seen these "bots" play multiple tables but never, ever lag on calls or raises (I know I can't always keep up when I have three hands I didn't fold at the same time and the action is fast)... I've have had the same player up on four screens, in SB on two of them and his bets came out with the flop on both of them at the same time... something I can't do...I can click ONLY one button in ONE active window at one time...and I need to SEE both flops and THINK first! :D (and in this situation, the "check boxes" don't help you )

lol...but come to think of it, I'd actually rather play them than the 72os calling stations that hit a set of ducks on the turn & river!

H

hustlenflow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep it was CD Poker that allowed the bots and it was on the limit tables i suspected them at

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unless you are a programming genious you wont be able to make it effective enough to use. If you are the programming genious then you'll probably be making more profitable programs than 'poker bots'.

My how little "normal" people understand us software geeks :D

Of course most of us have REAL jobs making real software...but much like poker, programming can be very, very addicting :eek:

I once wrote a program that identified all the prime numbers between 1 and 4294967295....why you ask? simple...i was bored and I could :D ...hadn't learned/found poker yet....and chess was getting "stale"

I have often been tempted to write a "freeroll bot"...for no other reason then:
a) to prove it could be done
b) because it would be a fun challenge to do so

I could simply let it run on one of my 4+ computers I have running at home and let it see just how well it could do simply for "yeah, I did that once" satisfaction

of course, I preffer to play live...again it's the whole challenge of the quest thing :ciao:

TheRifle

TheRifle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did the same and optimised it to ignore even numbers, numbers whose digits where a multiple of nine, and only go as far in the for..next as the square root of the target. Then I decided I wanted to calculate Pi to at least a hundred digits. And then I discovered poker.

I did trial one of these programs in play money NL games. What I found was that it was telling me things like your 91% favourite on the river and, then feeling more confident I would bet only to find the other guy has the nuts. I would never ever use one again.

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless a bot can cheat by knowing the flop,turn, and river then it is really useless to someone who knows how to play poker. I am just starting out.. what is the fun of having a bot do calculations for you.. you won't ever be good in real life if you rely on computers to calculate odds.

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I know I am reviving an old topic but just happened to me something fishy on pokerstars. Fortunately it was a freeroll but it could happen to somebody at real money table. A guy playing shoving all in to crappy cards and wins. So far nothing new. After that he was folding most of the cards and then again raise to half of the others stacks. I hit nothing on the flop and go all in to scare him but, no he instantly called me. He opened A7o and I had K10s(d) here is the flop Q(s)9(c)8(s) and here comes the turn K(h) and I thought "hell yeah, I win" and then whaaaam A at the river. This was cheating since he made 18k from 1500 for about 14 minutes knowing precisely when to go all-in. Not because he had a good pair or because he saw he had the nut at the flop. He had nothing and raised all-in. But he didn't do it every hand, he knew when to fold his cards and when he will win the hand.

M

Morly4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all programs that say it is fake. If you're playing in the secured and trusted poker site when they will have protection from it and if someone would report another player from cheating and it would be approved, he would lose his account.

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all programs that say it is fake. If you're playing in the secured and trusted poker site when they will have protection from it and if someone would report another player from cheating and it would be approved, he would lose his account.

Well let's say I am a cheater. I enter with 100 bucks, play around 20 hands and when I know what will show the board or if I can see your cards I would make these 100 around 2000 for about 2 hours. Then I cash out and you can complain to the Armenian priest like we say in my country. I create another account and so on. What would/could any poker room do about it?

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PS I have repeatedly faced with the bots. 888 fortunately never. However on 888 I play less time. But nonetheless.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know the big regulated sites spend a ton of time and money to ensure the integrity of their games but not sure about the others. It is the internet so to believe that every game and every player is 100 percent legit is a bit of a stretch.

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PS I have repeatedly faced with the bots. 888 fortunately never. However on 888 I play less time. But nonetheless.

True but unfortunately 888 is no longer available in my country. :(

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ vs 2/10

So, this is the type of Sh*t that makes me think something is up right. So I have AQ and it’s me and her. Out comes the flop and it’s 2,6,3 (rainbow off suited). She bets minimum like 2,500 right and I CALL because I really like my hand. Turn card is a Queen so I have a pair of Queens. I’m like yes! I bet 5,000 and she raises. I go all in she goes all in. She had 2/10 so all she had was a pair of 2’s. The River card came out and she made two pair!!!! 2’s and 10’s. The table read 2,6,3,Q,10. Who goes all in on a pair of 2’s unless you knew what the next card would be.

Last edited:
Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a lot a threads, about bots, or A.I in online poker recently, it is a technology forum now :questionm

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So, this is the type of Sh*t that makes me think something is up right. So I have AQ and it’s me and her. Out comes the flop and it’s 2,6,3 (rainbow off suited). She bets minimum like 2,500 right and I CALL because I really like my hand. Turn card is a Queen so I have a pair of Queens. I’m like yes! I bet 5,000 and she raises. I go all in she goes all in. She had 2/10 so all she had was a pair of 2’s. The River card came out and she made two pair!!!! 2’s and 10’s. The table read 2,6,3,Q,10. Who goes all in on a pair of 2’s unless you knew what the next card would be.

You sure 'she' wasn't Doyle?
Reading your post... imo you got lucky. I consider myself lucky when I can get that kind of action on the table. And lucky because in most cases, what worse hands did you think would call in that spot? Seems to me you have lots of room to learn. I'd suggest to focus on the things you can do something about.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say bots exist but like others have stated they don’t see your cards but make moves based on probability etc...

These are the ones that have names like 81723727, although I believe some of these players to be real.

On that note, I bet bigger and a little unorthodox against them and it usually makes them fold as my bet on size keeps them from having good pot odds and makes the probability of me holding a strong hand more likely even if this is not the case.

This of course is not allowed on PokerSites and the ones that are trying to cheat the system with these I’m sure are removed as they are seen most most players are real and I don’t think this really affects your chance of winning too much. They. Can still bust too and people move tables so you might only have them for a short while. You don’t win tournaments based on just a couple hands so if you are playing correctly you should be able to beat them though you won’t really player too many. You know like less than 1% of players are bots and will raise flags if they keep winning

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard that the program prompts very real and there are even a few Pro players have been caught. Bots in poker have long been no news, this is the scourge of online poker.