Playing poker with a VPN

G

Guest12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I really need your help guys. I can not play poker from my country since recently and now it's like I don't have a job and I am in a really shitty spot. I have always hated all forms of cheating but in my opinion playing with a VPN is not really that bad.

So, I have been able to log in on all the major sites with the VPN (not tried pokerstars since I honestly have no interest in that site). I have even played a few hands on one site (where the account holder made the deposit) and everything went smooth.
When I try to make a deposit myself though, this is the message that I get:

https://gyazo.com/8be09c47d6f9ca9e55b543e7a1e1f2b2

Anyone knows what to do? I have tried a lot of different servers and the VPN support told me that lots of servers gets blocked by the gaming companies etc. What if I would buy a unique IP, would that make any difference? I have tried so many servers so I have a hard time thinking that they have managed to block every single one of them. Is it simply that those poker sites just recognize that it is something going on through caches/cookies and what not? I would like to be able to deposit/withdrawal myself but could it be that the account holder has to be the one doing it from his country? That would be very annoying since the account holder is not in his country like ever.

Would really appreciate some help!

G

Guest12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you really think it is the VPN though? I am using NordVPN and it has been rated pretty good as far as I know. I just really wonder what the hell it could be? Why do I get this "We are unable to process this payment" message? I contacted support on one of the sites and showed the message and he said that he could not even see a failed deposit attempt on their end. And skrill is saying the same thing!
I guess I could have someone send money to me but if I can't even deposit, I for sure won't be able to withdrawal and probably not even do any transfers.

Sigh, I just want to play Poker.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think it’s a good idea, but “he who seeks will always find” .. Wouldn’t it be easier to move to another country to live? Or play in a room that is allowed to play in your country?

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're on very dodgy ground trying to play using a VPN. It breaches T&C's on all the poker sites I'm aware of. So if you somehow managed to deposit or even win, you may well find that you can't withdraw the money and it gets seized by the operator. Imagine winning a large tournament only to discover the money isn't yours because you broke the T&C's.

There is also the legality side to consider. If it is illegal in your territory, you could easily find yourself in court or worse depending on the legal system.

I have done it sporadically on holiday in the past, but wouldn't be comfortable doing it now reading the small print.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to use an IP address that hasn't been marked yet, better yet a server in which you can RDP into (which makes it virtually undetectable).

The second part, verifying your identity, is where you're going to get into some murky waters.

R

Rybod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is a big business, they will not risk you getting in through a VPN of any kind other than to play with play money.

They have a lot more to lose.

you might be SOL, unless you have a real address and location in another country to use.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Sites know if you are using a VPN, as mentioned above, you can't withdraw.

The OP's pic shows that they know, they want address verification.

These types of threads always give me a laugh.

:rofl:

G

Guest12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play in someone elses name who is located in a country where Online Poker is legal so shouldn't be any problems with the verification?

You need to use an IP address that hasn't been marked yet, better yet a server in which you can RDP into (which makes it virtually undetectable).

The second part, verifying your identity, is where you're going to get into some murky waters.

So, should I buy like an IP that is unique only for me and that will give me my own server in my VPN? Is that most likely why I can't deposit, cause the site has mass banned most servers that I am connected to?

Thanks!!

Yeah, laugh all you want. You think I enjoy going through this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not good at internet technology, unfortunately. But why don't you try an authorized poker room in your country?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Good luck, can't wait to read your "poker site closed my account and kept my money" post. :bawling:

Those kind of posts give me a laugh also.

:lollypop:

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play in someone elses name who is located in a country where Online Poker is legal so shouldn't be any problems with the verification?

So, should I buy like an IP that is unique only for me and that will give me my own server in my VPN? Is that most likely why I can't deposit, cause the site has mass banned most servers that I am connected to?

Thanks!!

1. An undetectable way would actually be setting up a cheap computer at the "someone's" residence and playing through their network, assuming they don't tunnel their network traffic past their ISP. This is as normal as it gets, as plenty of people play through RDP so they can play poker on their tablets/phones (implying poker software hasn't red-flagged it in the past).

2. The second best option would be to get an IP address nearby that hasn't been tainted. What is tainted? Well in all likelihood it means an IP address that isn't associated with a popular enough proxy/vpn service AND that IP address hasn't tried something fishy in the past (to the point where a Poker Network would've logged it).

The second option is more conceptual, but it should get you started with what not to get at least.

Also to be safe on the safe side use RDP in liue of proxying the client from your computer. If the poker service wants to ping the client, they will get a normal ping if you RDP. But if you're proxying through your computer, it will have quite a significant delay that they may use as a measure against you.

G

Guest12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. An undetectable way would actually be setting up a cheap computer at the "someone's" residence and playing through their network, assuming they don't tunnel their network traffic past their ISP. This is as normal as it gets, as plenty of people play through RDP so they can play poker on their tablets/phones (implying poker software hasn't red-flagged it in the past).

2. The second best option would be to get an IP address nearby that hasn't been tainted. What is tainted? Well in all likelihood it means an IP address that isn't associated with a popular enough proxy/vpn service AND that IP address hasn't tried something fishy in the past (to the point where a Poker Network would've logged it).

The second option is more conceptual, but it should get you started with what not to get at least.

Also to be safe on the safe side use RDP in liue of proxying the client from your computer. If the poker service wants to ping the client, they will get a normal ping if you RDP. But if you're proxying through your computer, it will have quite a significant delay that they may use as a measure against you.

Big thanks! I am not even sure I will do it but I really appreciate the help! Would it be fine to pay for something like this https://rentaremotecomputer.com/ or would it be much safer to set it up myself?

P

paulj833

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe on most sites it is against the rules to play using a VPN. So if I were you I would be trying to find a site you are allowed to play from, other wise you could get banned.