Status
Not open for further replies.
n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, one of my friends knows I am into poker and was interested. I invited him to a live game I play with a couple of other mates for fun, he got a bit of beginners luck, came second and won his buy-in back!

Now he is interested in playing online and asking me where to play etc. - I told him what sites I liked, but I want to be able to show him how hard it is compared to what he has experienced, before I recommend him to deposit anywhere, in case he gets addicted etc.

Basically, what is a good poker site to play heads-up with a friend online? Ideally for free, if not, low stakes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey n3rv, not sure about playing for free. Have never explored to see if can do play chips in heads up on any sites, however if able to play on FTP they have sng style headsup for 50c, which is a great way to get the experience without risking a great deal.

I would certainly be careful about any heads-up cash with your freind because lets say he decides to be a major donky, and not get lucky, then it could easily look like chip dumping with is something not taken lightly on many sites. At least with the heads up sng, you can do the regular speed with 1500 chips and have plenty of play heads up, they even have a deepstack with 3k chips but can't recall if those are in the 50c range.

Also might sometimes be a challenge to get on the same table, unless it is something like the deepstack which often don't fill too often as many players do the turbo or super turbo games. Just a thought, but if looking for a small buyin with some play would have to recommend ftp, again on the same note i havn't looking at real money play on many sites besides pstars, ftp and titan (titan is also good as they have 10c, 20c 6max and 10person sng's, and cheap steps).

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply bluff, I was having similar thoughts, but looking around pokerstars more I actually found you can create a Poker Club and can invite a friend to play with play money as well as real money. Turns out there is also a blatently obvious "play with friends" section on 888 which offers a similar function... I'd just never looked at it before! :eek:

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Black Chip Poker and Ameircas Card room has some HU tables for play money you can use

INGAJ

INGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U can create your room in pokerstars. it calls home games. In there you can play with your friends

V

VagrUk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerUp

I suggest you try PokerUp (www.pokerup.net) application. I've spent hours looking for an App to play with friends and this one stands out quite clearly as very simple and cool.

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with my son

I play with my son at pokerstars, there are some free tables where you can play togheter, normally at the betting tables with free money you can search for another player and sit with him.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
U can create your room in pokerstars. it calls home games.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's better to create home games

Status
Not open for further replies.