Playing 2 types of games

K

kozlo6pack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have figured out what I am having troubles with while playing poker. I learned to play live, but we play 10 minutes for 3 blinds, then 15 minutes our last blind, then the game is over. The 2 ppl with the most chips get the payout. So of course you can't just sit tight until the cards come to you or you won't get into the money, you have a time limit to play hands. SO of course when I am playing poker online, I tend to do well for a while then the old "panic" comes up and I feel I have to play more loosely to get some chips therefore usually getting myself knocked out of the game. I am wondering if playing that way is interferring with my game online? Meaning will I ever get better by playing both games? I have not played for a couple of weeks but I might play tonight after Euchre. Any suggestions and opinions would be very appreciated.
I have also decided that I am a very small bidder, even with top hands I feel I am afraid to bid big in most cases because I don't want to bust out. :eek: Which I think poker players might consider "limping"?? Or am I wrong with that assumption? Help me if you can............
Trish

S

smilerkyle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
woo.

online poker sucks ass once youve tasted a real 30+ man live tournament
and getting good at live poker is awesome, especially since im young, older guys underestimated me at first until i got a few wins and placings under my belt and now they fear me haha.

stick to live poker as much as you can, online poker is a bad habit but live poker is just a way of making money, its not even a gamble when u get good at it.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be aggresive with the best hands.. if you go in with the best hand and someone sucks you out.. You can't complain if you went in with best hand.. For instance lets say you have top pair with a great kicker. Yet there is a flush draw on the board. Bet a little harder to make the flush draw chaser pay to beat you. Even do this with a person looking for the open ended straight draw. They have outs, granted but the % even of the flush draw is 36% chance of getting it on the turn, and 18% chance on the river. The %'s are in your favor but yet you can still lose. Better to lose with the best hand betting it, then not to bet it and lose by giving them a free card.

Top 10 Games