Players At Micro-Stakes Poker On ACR

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing .05/.10 on ACR and I am up about $20 at the moment. I have had to learn to fold when I don't have the best hand, which I got to admit i still struggle with this, I just can't seem to let go. I used to think I had a tilt problem but I found out I have a folding problem. So I have been working on that and it has helped me a lot with winning. I have found out in Micro-Stakes you can't do too much bluffing because these players have the same "folding" problem that i seem to struggle with. They will have 2nd, 3rd and even 4th pair and continue to call. I have also seen them play 8 4 o and get full house WOW! They will play any suited connectors in any position and win sometimes and than other times you scratch your head at what they are doing. I have found that Micro-Stakes is unpredictable because these players will play any hand and get lucky. It is frustrating when they play 10 2o and flop a set of 2 and you have AA or KK. You got to make sure you have the best hand or second best hand and have an idea how these guys are playing. You need to know if they are tight or loose and if they will fold to bets when they don't hit. Most of the tight players will fold to a big bet if they don't hit but if they call you can be sure they have at least a pair. I have found that even a tight player will sometimes play 56 suited. I find it to be harder to play micro-stakes than higher stakes due to the player not knowing what they are doing and not trying to learn. But I do know it to be profitable once you learn more about how the play and you get better at playing yourself. I have been studying micro-stakes poker to get better at it and learn more about it because that is how i am going to get to high stakes poker and get better at what i am doing. I need to keep learning and get better. Always learning.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
great observation of your own game, and recognizing your weakness.
Now, use that at your advantage, and change your behaviour, and you will be much more profitable and better player.

I would suggest to read few of the poker strategy articles on top of the page, also I recommend to read some micro strategy from Nathan "BlackRain79" Williams on crushing micro stakes.....
It may help.

Anyway, good luck.

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe a good tight afressive player will do the work at the micro specially at ACR

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to think I had a tilt problem but I found out I have a folding problem.

I love that term "folding problem", and believe me, you are not alone. In the micros we are playing for the price of a cup of coffee, or sometimes even less, so we are not afraid of the monetary loss. And boy does it suck to fold, when on earlier streets we were expecting, that we have the best hand, and that we are betting for value. And this is why, a lot of us end up making these hero calls for stacks, even we know deep inside, our hand is only a bluff catcher. In a sense we fall down to level 1 thinking, which goes something like "I have top pair, top kicker, I am not going to fold!!!"